Jack

Melanie Martinez

The album being mostly CJ Baran produced makes me think she scrapped some songs cuz of the leaks and replaced them with his songs, not to mention she was with him in Hawaii(same place she was with K&OL) back in may 2022 when the album was supposed to be done and everyone thought she was doing the deluxe tracks instead, and also she said “the album is going to have more piano this time”and there is none(except the leaked sessions death and magnets). I feel like this rock influenced sound wasn’t in mind until the leaks bcuz none of them had this sound except for corpse and sirens. Portals 1.0 miss you sweetie :wowcry:

6 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

The album being mostly CJ Baran produced makes me think she scrapped some songs cuz of the leaks and replaced them with his songs, not to mention she was with him in Hawaii(same place she was with K&OL) back in may 2022 when the album was supposed to be done and everyone thought she was doing the deluxe tracks instead, and also she said “the album is going to have more piano this time”and there is none(except the leaked sessions death and magnets). I feel like this rock influenced sound wasn’t in mind until the leaks bcuz none of them had this sound except for corpse and sirens. Portals 1.0 miss you sweetie :wowcry:

hard af beat sounded so good we really lost her hyperpop era

10 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

Do we know who produced each leaked song? @The Siren probably has shared it already if so :hooker:

Also what do you mean by the deluxe tracks? 

Did CJ Baran produce TV, Moon Cycle, FS, and Leeches?

This theory makes a lot of sense honestly. 

8 minutes ago, Wessdude said:

Now i see why the scrapped tracks didn't fit the album, they need to be reworked to be at least on the deluxe version (except for Sirens, it really fit sonically and lyrically) :oprah3:

Needle and Thread and Garden 100% fit Portals as/is, in my opinion. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

I would love for her to work with Sub Urban for a project, she doesn’t work with a huge amount of Producers. 
I was looking at who produced different albums/songs and she doesn’t stray very much. Especially with what she releases vs what was recorded. 

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

14 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

Justice for Portals 1.0 but the rock influenced songs snapped hard sis we have to give her that

15 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

No offense but I know some little cry baby has the album, leak the damn thing. 

Why does it always end up in the hands of the too far up Melanie's ass cry babies and not us  😭

i think is a matter of time now…

i hope

Just now, tulsa jesus freaks said:

EVIL:

i hate when she says "on god" cause it reminds me of that video of tana mongeau :bebe:

MAGNETS:

could have been one of best best love song, on the same level of N&T, shame that little demo is all we got:eartha2:

Magnets and Synchronicities RIP, so much potential in both of them. Too good for this world. :crai:

I do see some parallels in Magnets to N&T (that’s why it’s the closer on my Deluxe version, and N&T on the standard :hooker:)

topsters2-2-1.png

8 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

hard af beat sounded so good we really lost her hyperpop era

I was expecting at least one hyperpop track after all this vocoder and autotune experimentation :crai:

25 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Do we know who produced each leaked song? @The Siren probably has shared it already if so :hooker:

i would think either one of the Jacks would know better than me. i just look for into from the Melanie wikia pags

https://melanie-martinez.fandom.com/wiki/Melanie_Martinez_Wiki

pretty sure every leaked song was produced by K&OL except for NDJE, that one leaked with some keenan tracks but I doubt he worked on this album 

also i guess nobody gives a shit but a HQ snippet of nymphology was released through eggs

1 hour ago, Pop The Balloons said:

No offense but I know some little cry baby has the album, leak the damn thing. 

Target has once again put the CDs out early, just like they did with K-12. I’ve seen 2-3 people on TikTok who managed to buy them, as well as one person who found a bloodshot vinyl at a random local record store, but they’ve all been gatekeeping for clout as far as I can tell.

That said: the album comes out in five days (four in some time zones), so there’s no real point in wanting it to leak anyway. 

1 hour ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Also what do you mean by the deluxe tracks? 

Did CJ Baran produce TV, Moon Cycle, FS, and Leeches?

This theory makes a lot of sense honestly.

The leaked songs were produced by K&OL.

When she was working with cj baran everyone thought she was doing deluxe tracks(cus the standard album was already finished by that time) but i believe they were producing the new songs and replacing the leaks.

57 minutes ago, Salem said:

Target has once again put the CDs out early, just like they did with K-12. I’ve seen 2-3 people on TikTok who managed to buy them, as well as one person who found a bloodshot vinyl at a random local record store, but they’ve all been gatekeeping for clout as far as I can tell.

That said: the album comes out in five days (four in some time zones), so there’s no real point in wanting it to leak anyway. 

looks like im waking up early to go to target before work tomorrow to check my target :crai:

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

looks like im waking up early to go to target before work tomorrow to check my target :crai:

If you leak it I'll kiss you xD

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

33 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

The leaked songs were produced by K&OL.

When she was working with cj baran everyone thought she was doing deluxe tracks(cus the standard album was already finished by that time) but i believe they were producing the new songs and replacing the leaks.

I’d love for someone to spill on what the process was with these new vs old songs once this whole thing and the deluxe is over and done with. She included 2 of the roughly 5 generally well liked songs, one middle of the road one, and one that no one liked. 

I think the whole thing is a product of too much time and too much overthinking when she had a good concept initially, and in the grand scheme of things, not that many people heard those songs anyway. 

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

I was at three Targets today and only looked at CDs at one but I didn’t see it.

topsters2-2-1.png

1 hour ago, 13 Bitches said:

pretty sure every leaked song was produced by K&OL except for NDJE, that one leaked with some keenan tracks but I doubt he worked on this album 

also i guess nobody gives a shit but a HQ snippet of nymphology was released through eggs

sounds great

I still haven’t watched the Death music video. I was out of town and got back today. I need to watch it, but at this point I’m debating whether or not I should just do it on release day :um2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°