Jack

Melanie Martinez

It's almost time ladies, if I don't wake up to a zip file tomorrow so I can listen before work I'm going to die. It's genuinely shocking how it hasn't leaked in any way especially with the record and CD being sold early etc 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

1 hour ago, Anonymcomenter said:

My only explanation to what has happened to Melanies artistry is that with time she has become more camp to the point of becoming a drag queen. She’s pretty much givin Azaelia Banks, Iggy Azalea, Fergie Cartwheeling, Hilary Duff dancing, Mariah Carey talking about 9/11, Nicki Minaj livestream,…   That’s pop star status right there

Theres no way she’s not being ironic with these concepts; the “penis in your mouth” lyric, a song about periods (YUH), that ugly alien costume, some production choices, the ex diss tracks, Spider Song, the messy / horrible promotion etc.

Its impossible in my mind that the same person that came up with the idea of Crybaby is doing all of this in a serious way, she must be half trolling 

Her deciding to go full pink wifey alien is givin me: 

if you are right, boy can she stick to the bit. because the way she portraits herself on interviews, social media, etc in the years prior to this release it feels like she actually takes her music sooo seriously

2 hours ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

The Cry Baby era will always be iconic! I remember being so excited for each music video and interview to come out, as well as the perfume! Even the tour which had a few memorable moments :blush3:

She sounded so good here :oprah:

my favorite era from her is actually dollhouse ep. i was there when it was released and she was just being discovered so she was happy yo meet and interact with fans, her voice sounded so good and the setlist for the tour was always changing with different songs & covers, it's my favorite tour from her.

also the photoshoots, live performances and overall aesthetic was better than ever. boy i miss those times

6 minutes ago, champainproblms said:

my favorite era from her is actually dollhouse ep. i was there when it was released and she was just being discovered so she was happy yo meet and interact with fans, her voice sounded so good and the setlist for the tour was always changing with different songs & covers, it's my favorite tour from her.

also the photoshoots, live performances and overall aesthetic was better than ever. boy i miss those times

listening to dollhouse & carousel on repeat on my iphone 4 in this era is an experience that remains unmatched

I don’t remember when I first listened to a Melanie song, it was probably in 2015. loved the crybaby era, I even have a Giant carousel tattoo in my back inspired by her song. I just saw her perform last weekend at Lollapalooza BR, kinda sad she didn’t sing carousel, cake, pacify her (love these). But she did sing some new songs and I cannot wait to hear Evil, I’m pretty sure is going to be my favorite, right now it’s hard for other song to beat it for me. Anyway about the aesthetics she choose for this era, it’s weird, VERY weird when you first see it but I guess I am getting used to it, grasping the concept a little everyday. She is an alternative artist after all, she’s artisting. Just Let her fuckin’ do what she’s fuckin’ doing and let’s hope for the best. Love her ❤️

Pp5b5s3.jpg?1

T-Minus 10 hours and 9 minutes until it’s available. 

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

2 hours ago, AsDangerousAsHope said:

I don’t remember when I first listened to a Melanie song, it was probably in 2015. loved the crybaby era, I even have a Giant carousel tattoo in my back inspired by her song. I just saw her perform last weekend at Lollapalooza BR, kinda sad she didn’t sing carousel, cake, pacify her (love these). But she did sing some new songs and I cannot wait to hear Evil, I’m pretty sure is going to be my favorite, right now it’s hard for other song to beat it for me. Anyway about the aesthetics she choose for this era, it’s weird, VERY weird when you first see it but I guess I am getting used to it, grasping the concept a little everyday. She is an alternative artist after all, she’s artisting. Just Let her fuckin’ do what she’s fuckin’ doing and let’s hope for the best. Love her ❤️

FUCKING THIS.