Jack

Melanie Martinez

43 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Tunnel Vision 
I wrote this song while in Hawaii in February 2021 with Kinetics & One Love. We were surrounded by coqui frogs singing to us, the sound of rain hitting the roof and pure connection.

She really said fuck Tunnel Vision

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

After listening to the entire album, there's no way to fit Dragon's Blood, Needle & Thread, or Corpse and it feel correct. Love them but they can't be inserted and still flow.

But I 100% added Garden and Sirens. 

The outro from Faerie Soiree was literally made to go into sirens. Garden always deserved to go into Leeches.

Half the songs on the album connect to garden, it really doesn't make sense that they didn't get added other than she couldn't fit them on the vinyl?

But I love the album, other than AMULET, I think every second of the album is good.

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

3 minutes ago, iJoshicus said:

After listening to the entire album, there's no way to fit Dragon's Blood, Needle & Thread, or Corpse and it feel correct. Love them but they can't be inserted and still flow.

The outro from Faerie Soiree was literally made to go into sirens. Garden always deserved to go into Leeches.

Half the songs on the album connect to garden, it really doesn't make sense that they didn't get added other than she couldn't fit them on the vinyl?

But I love the album, other than AMULET, I think every second of the album is good.

I think N&T, Garden, and Sirens would fit pretty well. We aren’t talking Amir a very cohesive album to begin with here :rip:

But yeah there are SO many Garden references.

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

18 minutes ago, iJoshicus said:

But I 100% added Garden and Sirens

hmm… for me its other way around. Imo I would include Sirens in the album if Death wasnt in there. The good elements from Sirens migrated to Death and it would just be the same formula to add Sirens on this album. I would remove Death instead. Other than that all of them you mentioned would fit pretty well specially Garden

3 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

hmm… for me its other way around. Imo I would include Sirens in the album if Death wasnt in there. The good elements from Sirens migrated to Death and it would just be the same formula to add Sirens on this album. I would remove Death instead. Other than that all of them you mentioned would fit pretty well specially Garden

I think thematically it could work. She doesn't touch Siren's subject matter but goes around it, so I fill like there's a void (pun) without it there. Sonically it's less similar than VOID and EVIL are to each other. I think Death is much better than Sirens, but I still think it deserved a spot. 

Now with the others, I think they could fit, I just mean there's no clean insert spot for me.  Like Faerie Soiree -> Sirens -> Light Shower flows really smoothly. But I can't find a spot to make the others flow without someone editing things. 

Speaking of that, if anyone wants to edit Needle & Thread to make it fit between something, please do :)

1 hour ago, Coloringbooks said:

It was a track he had produced years ago that was just sitting there collecting digital dust.

imagine how tired we are mel, just imagine for one second,,,,,

1 hour ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i considered putting hawaii space guitar cause i think it's cute but i didn't know what to name it, then i considered Mother of Pearl cause sonically it fits perfectly, but i can't stand that song so no lmao, i was left with Void leaked, which i didn't include because of the priest line, i thought it would sound too repetitive since Void released as a similar lyric, Corpse which i love but it's too short, and Death leaked which i used as a reprise. everything else is unusuable since they're rough demos 

I think that "FRAGILE" is a perfect title for it. 

28 minutes ago, iJoshicus said:

i somewhat did it, with transitions

"

1. DEATH 0.1
  2. VOID 0.1
  3. SIRENS
  4. TUNNEL VISION 0.2
  5. THE CONTORTIONIST
  6. FAERIE SOIREÉ (final)
  7. AMULET (REVISED EMERALD)
  8. GARDEN
  9. DRAGON’S BLOOD
  10. LEECHES (final)