Jack

Melanie Martinez

So the album is okay(not great, not terrible), but it's not exactly what I think any of us expected after the wait and hearing such top tier leaks.

Tracklist aside, the biggest issue that I have is the mixing. Even in the HQ it's messy in a lot of really noticeable places, and a lot of the vocals are completely cut off or are muffled under the instrumentals.

I think if she had at least kept the ambient sounds from the leaks instead of these new transitions, the album would've been a lot more pleasing. I just feel confused at how some of these sound more like demos than the actual demos we heard in 2021.

I haven’t listened to Melanie Martinez since like 2015 and I thought her album was just ok. And then the one after that with K12 was like… super childish? I just couldn’t get into it? Should I try this new one out? I know a lot of people here are fans. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

11 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

I haven’t listened to Melanie Martinez since like 2015 and I thought her album was just ok. And then the one after that with K12 was like… super childish? I just couldn’t get into it? Should I try this new one out? I know a lot of people here are fans. 

This ones even worse than K-12 in my opinion. You might like a couple of songs but it's not a cohesive album

1 hour ago, BowOfLove said:

Imagine reading this post 6 months ago :awkney:

i would still believe it 

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

Okay… I think Womb makes sense better after Death? With Nymphology more towards the end…? Idk 

1.     Death

2.     Womb

3.     Dragons Blood

4.     Tunnel Vision

5.     Faerie Soiree

6.     Leeches

7.     Spider Web

8.     Moon Cycle

9.     Garden

10.   Needle & Thread

11.   The Contortionist 

12.   Nymphology 

13.   Void                           (Original) 

10 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Tunnel Vision 
Wrote this song while in Hawaii in February 2021 with Kinetics & One Love. We were surrounded by coqui frogs singing to us, the sound of rain hitting the roof, and pure connection. I wanted to make a song to describe the stage of moving through a tunnel of familiar hymns and imagery to ease the transition into the other side while also writing something with multiple meaning that people can relate to in a more earthly way. This song was leaked through a drop box hack the same year, and it took everything within me to not trash it. I couldn't rewrite a better tunnel song so it stayed.

The Contortionist
I will never forget the feeling, and the intense smiles that me and CJ shared while creating this song. A true collaborative moment where we both felt the ping of our little antennas, like a loud phone call firing off. A lot of our process involved making tracks, then picking our favorites, then going into the booth and free styling Melodies, piecing together the best moments and then I would pace around the pool writing lyrics to fit the cadence of the free-styled melodies. The unhinged laughs in the chorus are the exact takes from my freestyle. This conflict song is about bending over backwards for someone who doesn't accept you as you are.

Hey, so she edited the song bios on Apple Music — click my original post to read the rest!

Portals is insanely good, I still have the album on repeat :gclap: I'm so proud of Melanie.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

11 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Death
I usually have titles picked out early on in the conceptual phase of an album before even writing anything. This one was a must, and I just wasn't getting it right anytime I tried writing it with other people

i hate this bitch :rip: og death is one of her most beautiful songs

wish she had this sentiment regarding moon cycle instead

I heard some of void- I can hear evolution-let me do a full listen with headphones and I’ll get back to here with thoughts.

liked crybaby but I grew out of it when I became an adult and hated k12- lunch box EP was just meh for me aswell.

hoping I’ll like this