Jack

Melanie Martinez

24 minutes ago, dyktatuob said:

can anyone with a laptop count portals partial streams :creep:

19,724,818 in total if thats what u were asking

just started listening... does she use this voice effect for the entire album... :bebe:

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

2 minutes ago, acacia said:

19,724,818 in total if thats what u were asking

just started listening... does she use this voice effect for the entire album... :bebe:

nvm i just found out how to do it on phone 

and the voice effects are throughout the whole album...it's annoying in some songs bearable in the others :flop:

guys... i spent over $50 on this album and i can't find a single song i'm gonna ever listen to again :sadcore6:

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

ok yall im finally listening and i love it so far :cuteface: esp tunnel vision and faerie soiree

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

3 hours ago, lanitataco said:

my (probably controversial) review so far, on first listen. not finished listening but this is what ive gotten through so far. 

DEATH 5/10

I like the beat for the second half. The lyrics have an alright storyline. I don’t think she should have repeated the “I’m back from the dead” chorus, it sounds a little repetitive. The bridge is good. I don’t like the end where she is running, that is too long.

VOID 2/10

At least the running crossfaded. This sounds like a Harry/Billie song. Copy and paste radio pop. I don’t like the chorus and overall ruins the song.

TUNNEL VISION 8/10

Intro is okay. I like the beat, its very Crybaby era. I like this song. The lyrics aren’t dark and witchcraft which took over the first two a lot, and I think is going to be a theme. Everything about this sounds like old Melanie and I like that sound, and this sounds like a more mature version of that. I think the lyrics could have been different for each chorus. Bridge is cute, but I think it should have been fast and not slow. Fits the theme that the bridge should be different, but I don’t think it’s that good here. The outro is good, sounds Bjork adjacent.

FAERIE SOIREE 1/10

Should have crossfaded for how long the outro was on TUNNEL VISION. This sounds different for her, I’m not sure if I like it first listen. Slightly political. The bridge is the only redeeming part of this song, only the sound because I don’t like the lyrics.

LIGHT SHOWER 4/10

Cute crossfade. I’m a fan of those on this album. So far, I like this song. The lyrics are sad but poetic. Sounds like I’m expecting a switch up soon though. Kinda giving Billie again to me. Not a fan of the repetitive chorus, I think she could have done something different for the second one. Her voice in it is nice. This song is too long and without a bridge that draws me in, I don’t care for this too much.

SPIDER WEB 2/10

Another nice crossfade that sets you up for the theme of the song. I like the instrumental for this but am not a fan of the fluttering that is going across my head. I don’t like the beat or the chorus for this. It sounds like an early mix. The lyrics are fine but it sounds too indie, almost like a Gabbie Hanna song. Overall, if this came on, I wouldn’t skip it if I wasn’t paying too hard to the music. Again, without a bridge, the song gets lost.

im sorry but i dont see how this sounds like harry or billie LOL, but i feel like people who say harry and billie are just copy and paste pop haven't listened to their discography or more of their songs then as it was/watermelon sugar and bad guy/happier then ever but music is art so each to their own!! u did do this album dirty with ur ratings tho LMAO :rollin:

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

ok i just finished :usrs: my favorites are death, void, faerie soiree, battle of the larynx, nymphology, and womb!! i think my #1 might be battle of the larynx but idk itll probably change like 297483286 times as i listen to it more LOL :cuteface:

one of the only things i didnt like about the album was the voice filter she used for almost all the songs and the repetitive harmonies but besides that i dont have many complaints :xgiggle:

oh ALSO personally i really liked moon cycle (besides the YAH) the lyrics might not be the most poetic but honestly its nice to hear a songwriter be straight up about their period and not be afraid to sing about it :P

Personally, I feel like this album is like her ARTPOP. She felt inspired by the general concept of the album but her creativity got the best of her and she started to second-guess herself (especially due to leaks). In the end it got to the point where she scrapped some of her best material and kept tinkering with things until the final versions of songs now feel incredibly drained of all personality or she's just purposely catering to Cry Baby stans ( I think this is especially true with songs like Tunnel Vision and Faerie Soiree, where the demos feel much more bombastic imo.

I tried to make my own version of the album tracklist including a bunch of the leaks to tell my own story concept. I'll have to see how it flows while I'm at work today, but here's what I've got so far.

1. Death
  2. Tunnel Vision
  3. Dragon's Blood
  4. Faerie Soiree
  5. Fingers Crossed
  6. Light Shower
  7. Moon Cycle
  8. Leeches
  9. Garden
  10. Battle of the Larynx
  11. The Contortionist
  12. Nymphology
  13. Sirens
  14. Evil
  15. Void
  16. Needle & Thread
  17. Death 2.0 / Reprise
  18. Womb

For the general premise behind this tracklisting (and the visual I envision), I'll put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler

So the album starts off with her death and reincarnation with DEATH, leading to her to remember her previous life as memories rush through her head as a warning of what not to do this time (TUNNEL VISION). In an effort to expand the world building, this leads to DRAGON'S BLOOD as she's thrown right into things and having to rush for safety from a dragon. She's able to tame the dragon, leading to it taking her to the FAERIE SOIREE where she finds her new home and a new love interest. FINGERS CROSSED & LIGHT SHOWER is that honeymoon phase of a relationship, which reaches a peak with MOON CYCLE as she feels empowered by her femininity.

Eventually, trouble arises in both the tribe and the relationship she's a part of as they realize they're taking advantage of her and her abilities (LEECHES & GARDEN). BATTLE OF THE LARYNX has them fighting and her knowing that she could destroy him if she wanted. She ultimately chooses to make it work, which leads to The Contortionist where she tries to conform for him and it fails. She ultimately begins to lash out, leading to NYMPHOLOGY where she embraces her femininity and realizes how she can use it to her advantage. Now her whole focus is getting revenge against those who wronged her, which occurs through SIRENS and EVIL.

Her plan is a success, destroying everything in her path but soon finding that it doesn't bring her the closure that she hoped it would. As such, she actively plans to move onto the next life since this one has nothing for her anymore (VOID). She prepares for death and eventually embraces it as she knows it's inevitable despite being terrifying (NEEDLE & THREAD and DEATH 2.0). This fear is unwarranted though because the little outro of the album (a condensed version of WOMB) reveals that she's made it to the next life.

3 hours ago, lanitataco said:

VOID 2/10

At least the running crossfaded. This sounds like a Harry/Billie song. Copy and paste radio pop. I don’t like the chorus and overall ruins the song.

LMFAO are you functioning correctly because how did you get a Harry/Billie song 😭

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

1 minute ago, ultravyvanse said:

the end of leeches scared me fr it was playing on my tv and i thought it was my neighbour in my condo yelling at someone and banging things 

It was actually the alien coming after K&OL for the leaks ❤️

2 minutes ago, ultravyvanse said:

the end of leeches scared me fr it was playing on my tv and i thought it was my neighbour in my condo yelling at someone and banging things 

Literally ToT She should've put a trigger warning on that, I swear. I feel bad for all the people who have had neighbors like that in the past or who have trauma and heard that unprepared. 

Ok listening to the album fully, on the tape, I’ll let you know my thoughts. Love death and void obviously because I don’t lack taste like most of the fans. 
Also the way the tape came before the vinyl…crying

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

Literally ToT She should've put a trigger warning on that, I swear. I feel bad for all the people who have had neighbors like that in the past or who have trauma and heard that unprepared. 

What's she supposed to do? put a trigger warning on the album cover for a screaming outro? :rip:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Love tunnel vision but the vocal effect shit is so weird, it’s going in and out on the leads, stick with it or scrap it please Mel ❤️

THE GUITAR IM SHAKING KRMFHFH

Just now, Coloringbooks said:

What's she supposed to do? put a trigger warning on the album cover for a screaming outro? :rip:

Someone photoshop this please