Jack

Melanie Martinez

12 minutes ago, sophiesmom said:

i dont care about locals tho, i care about my experience listening to the album and i can confirm my experience was definetly enhanced

in fact I was thinking earlier about the interludes being actually included in songs and not as separate ones — while its not the most common choice, it definetly brings a different album experience. and it makes you wanna listen to the songs in full and enjoy those transitions instead of just… fading in and fading out and fading in and fading out. the songs are not chopped up and i dont think it actually gets in the way of the singles, for example

I feel like there are some songs that are a lot worse than others, like Faerie Soiree is over half transition instead of being it's own track, and in other cases there's the Amulet thing that would sound better if placed at the beginning of Evil instead of the end of Nymphology. There's some like Death/Void where it's certainly less noticeable, but for some tracks it takes away from the track significantly and feels more like a way to force songs to feel more cohesive even though they were already fine without the transition. I hope Melanie eventually does an abridged version of Portals on streaming so people can listen more casually to the tracks that have long transitions and moving the vocal transitions onto the tracks they fit with (TV outro to FS intro, FS outro to LS intro, etc) 

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

I feel like there are some songs that are a lot worse than others, like Faerie Soiree is over half transition instead of being it's own track, and in other cases there's the Amulet thing that would sound better if placed at the beginning of Evil instead of the end of Nymphology. There's some like Death/Void where it's certainly less noticeable, but for some tracks it takes away from the track significantly and feels more like a way to force songs to feel more cohesive even though they were already fine without the transition. I hope Melanie eventually does an abridged version of Portals on streaming so people can listen more casually to the tracks that have long transitions and moving the vocal transitions onto the tracks they fit with (TV outro to FS intro, FS outro to LS intro, etc) 

I guess its more of a taste thing — when i click on Evil I wanna listen to Evil, not Amulet + Evil. When i listen to Nymphology I wanna listen to Nymphology, and then Amulet is a nice addie thing in between tracks that make me wanna keep listening. 

the same with Moon Cycle, whose sound intro is actually at the end of the contorsionist. When you click on moon cycle, the song starts right away (which is “good” for locals and playlisting and whatever), but if you listen to moon cycle in the context of the album you get to experience these small but consistent transitions

Good thing that this is still better than K-12.

Suddenly i have hope in her music again.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Push your penis into your mouth 

I'll make you choke on your doubt
Cut you off, watch you die
Just a fairy with a knife

Yup, not regretting my claimed track choices :oprah: After giving the album a few more listens, I’ll share my favs x

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 hours ago, 132 said:

LMFAO are you functioning correctly because how did you get a Harry/Billie song 😭

me when oomf said womb gave hannah montana vibes

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

Void and Evil are some of the best songs she's done in a while. 

My feelings on the album are mixed. I like half of the songs, but then others I either don't like the melodys or production (Death sounds jumpy and I find Nymphology's chorus silly). I still prefer this album over k-12.

:sluttybunny:🌧️

1. DEATH

2. VOID

3. TUNNEL VISION

4. FAERIE SOIREE

5. SIRENS

6. LEECHES

7. BATTLE OF THE LARYNX

8. THE CONTORTIONIST

9. MOON CYCLE

10.GARDEN 

11. SYNCHRONICITIES

12. EVIL

13. NEEDLE AND THREAD

Deluxe

14. DRAGONS BLOOD

15.FINGERS CROSSED

16.WOMB

Ran through this playlist a few times today and I love it  :true:

Moved Garden and Synchronicities (shame that one is more demo sounding, but it seems very honest that way). The transitions all work pretty well too. 10/10

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

3 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Also, why does Tunnel Vision, Spider Web, The Contortionist, Moon Cycle and Nymphology sound really good mixed and the rest in 192kps?? It’s like they don’t belong to the same album :deadbanana:

im lowkey pissed that Evil sounds muffled but I will

understand it as aesthetic. Through speakers it still slaps tho