Jack

Melanie Martinez

im curious, out of every Melanie song we have publicly, which ones would yall pick for a max 12-track album (i'm really only talking lyrically)?

i think i'd pick these (in this order,  the first few may be out of order but the rest are pretty solid):

1. Rough Love
  2. Seesaw
  3. Rocking Horse
  4. Pity Party
  5. The Contortionist
  6. Detention
  7. Cake
  8. Sirens
  9. Dragon's Blood
  10. Tunnel Vision
  11. Needle & Thread
  12. Mad Hatter
Edited by The Siren

1 minute ago, LunaeManifestum said:

yall better ask about K&OL situation…

just kiddin

I’m convinced that the rah rah rah outro on TV is a hex or a diss track in faerie language for poor K&OL :true:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 hour ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Battle of the Larynx for me is not holding up well against the other songs. Most of the reaction videos I’ve seen don’t like it either. It’s so sonically similar to Evil, and to a lesser extent Void. I think those each deserve a spot on the album, but I really wonder what she replaced by adding BOTL at the end of the process.

It’s very repetitive, seems a bit rushed, didn’t take enough time to fully flesh it out. And now learning she likely did the vocals on her iPhone. :deadbanana:

I hadn’t been listening to Nymphology on my own Portals version and gave it another shot, it’s a no :noparty:. So my skips are Light Shower, Spider Web, and Nymphology (not skipping BOTL, it’s not bad, just not great)

7d53731bef2a8a77e417e1c6e844d7ad5859fa0f

We should stop thinking she replaced song A in favor of song B etc. Mel’s head is random we can’t say she scrapped Sirens in favor of BOTL or whatever. She decided this album the way it is and its kinda of a personal attack that she highkey almost scrapped TV.

we won’t ever decipher this tracklist and, personally, even if the MM3 sessions didn’t leak I think we would get this same album tracklist either way and thats tea :diva:

3 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

We should stop thinking she replaced song A in favor of song B etc. Mel’s head is random we can’t say she scrapped Sirens in favor of BOTL or whatever. She decided this album the way it is and its kinda of a personal attack that she highkey almost scrapped TV.

we won’t ever decipher this tracklist and, personally, even if the MM3 sessions didn’t leak I think we would get this same album tracklist either way and thats tea :diva:

I think the theory of her scrapping songs in favor of others is really a thing. Knowing how she starts songs from the title makes me think she prioritazes the storyline to the sound or even the quality of the songs. I don’t know if this is the case in Portals, but it sure was in Crybaby

My reason to think this is; people were saying she replaced Jumprope with Tag, You’re It in the last minute. Now some people seem to think that was made up but the thing is… in an interview previous to release, she describes Milk & Cookies as a song about poisoning her boyfriend (when asked about similarities between her and the Crybaby character). The thing is, Jumprope is about a love interest while Tag, You’re It is about the Big Bad Wolf. So I’m guessing, she intended to use Jumprope and then poison Johnny but then replaced it with the abduction story to poison the Big Bad Wolf instead. Just a theory though… idk 

This album rollout has been terrible and the album has ended up being a little disappointing but…

… y’all have made things ten times better. :kiss:

Entering this threat to laugh at ur comments and shit on Spider Web a little has made my days this last month. Y’all are really funny and hilarious! love u :wub:

2 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I think the theory of her scrapping songs in favor of others is really a thing. Knowing how she starts songs from the title makes me think she prioritazes the storyline to the sound or even the quality of the songs. I don’t know if this is the case in Portals, but it sure was in Crybaby

My reason to think this is; people were saying she replaced Jumprope with Tag, You’re It in the last minute. Now some people seem to think that was made up but the thing is… in an interview previous to release, she describes Milk & Cookies as a song about poisoning her boyfriend (when asked about similarities between her and the Crybaby character). The thing is, Jumprope is about a love interest while Tag, You’re It is about the Big Bad Wolf. So I’m guessing, she intended to use Jumprope and then poison Johnny but then replaced it with the abduction story to poison the Big Bad Wolf instead. Just a theory though… idk 

probably.

there was a lot of changes throughout the crybaby storyline.

crybaby was originally going to be named melatonin, with crybaby as a nickname.

jump rope was a last minute replacement as well, so she kinda threw the wolf storyline together out of her ass

tumblr_oh9idqP3hU1tf91cio1_540.gifv

really? right in front of my lana vinyl??

what the number responds with

i get melanie’s had a ton of inspiration from the early 2000s. Chain mail was a huge thing  early 2000s wise, but this is just really cringey.

this feels like something a 12 year old would make. 

i really come off like an asshole, but if melanie wants to be taken seriously as an artist she can’t be pulling shit like this. doing stuff to try and “boost” streams does nothing but come off childish & make it look like she knows the album she released is shit. 

+ i get that the “4 years ago” is a reference to k-12 being released 4 years ago, but it further adds to my theory melanie has sacrificed her story and continuity for aesthetic. Which with her being a heavily concept driven artist, is not the move to do.

im really trying to root for her, she has a ton of potential. esp with mm3 leaks, however i feel like she’s stunting herself artistically.

tumblr_oh9idqP3hU1tf91cio1_540.gifv

really? right in front of my lana vinyl??

13 minutes ago, oda sakunosuke said:

what the number responds with

i get melanie’s had a ton of inspiration from the early 2000s. Chain mail was a huge thing  early 2000s wise, but this is just really cringey.

this feels like something a 12 year old would make. 

i really come off like an asshole, but if melanie wants to be taken seriously as an artist she can’t be pulling shit like this. doing stuff to try and “boost” streams does nothing but come off childish & make it look like she knows the album she released is shit. 

+ i get that the “4 years ago” is a reference to k-12 being released 4 years ago, but it further adds to my theory melanie has sacrificed her story and continuity for aesthetic. Which with her being a heavily concept driven artist, is not the move to do.

im really trying to root for her, she has a ton of potential. esp with mm3 leaks, however i feel like she’s stunting herself artistically.

Some of the comments were wondering if it’s actually her team or something fan made. If it is real, it’s very cringe. If it’s fan made, it’s hurting her image. :noparty:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 hour ago, oda sakunosuke said:

jump rope was a last minute replacement as well,

Reminder that this is a rumour with no credible source to back it up. :lel:

Milk and Cookies originally being about poisoning her boyfriend is true— she mentioned it in an interview and actually described it as "like a weird sequel" of Dead to Me 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕