Jack

Melanie Martinez

this is her artistic peak :oprah3: she excels with a lower budget- there isn’t a single flaw with this music video and i stand by that :tanisha: also the production never gets old. the violins coming in at 2:51?? hello???

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

5 hours ago, ImNoAngel said:

Whats everyones top 3 from each album? i'm v curious now that portals is out.

Cry Baby:

Mad Hatter 

Carousel 

Sippy Cup

K-12:

High School Sweethearts

Drama Club

Class Fight

Portals:

Nymphology

Death

Evil

I’m very curious how she’s going to continue this story or if she’s going to start something completely different with her next project. I really love the whole rebirth/reincarnation concept for this album

10 hours ago, ImNoAngel said:

Whats everyones top 3 from each album? i'm v curious now that portals is out.

Cry Baby

Pity Party

Sippy Cup

Soap

K-12

Drama Club

Lunchbox Friends

Teacher's Pet

PORTALS

EVIL

THE CONTORTIONIST

WOMB

honorable mention: TUNNEL VISION

Whats everyones top 3 from each album? i'm v curious now that portals is out. mine are

cry baby-

mrs. potato head

cry baby

soap

k-12-

wheels on the bus

nurses office

detention

portals- (for now)

evil

leeches 

tunnel vision

Reveal hidden contents

o7hrr9k5ti261.gif

carousel, playdate, cake 

drama club, recess, and I'm counting numbers because I only like those two songs off k-12

Tunnel vision, fairee soiree, evil

Whats everyones top 3 from each album? i'm v curious now that portals is out. mine are

Crybaby

Tag You're It

Alphabet Boy

Soap

K-12

Teacher's Pet

Strawberry Shortcake

Detention

Portals

Evil

Nymphology

Battle of the Larynx

4 hours ago, TropicoKitten said:

I’m very curious how she’s going to continue this story or if she’s going to start something completely different with her next project. I really love the whole rebirth/reincarnation concept for this album

She said that shit is over and thank god

Next we have her furry era I assume 

It's been weeks that I read everything that all of you said on this topic, and I don't know why I never created an account before BUT, the time has come for me to enter the conversation and to make my first post ! I have so much things to say. I'm so happy first of all to discover a place where there is so much people that are interest by the same things as me.

SO last night I made my own version of Portals :

1. DEATH (the CJ Baran one, it seems to me that even with the leak she would have chosen this version over a piano ballad for an album opener)

2.  VOID (the leak one, SO MUCH better even if the new one is a grower and is becoming a hit, the previous version is so much more deeper and darker, you all always talk a lot about sirens that didn't made the final cute but i need justice for this version of void, why no one talk about it ?!)

3. TUNNEL VISION (the new one, not so different tho, love the intro)

4. FAERIE SOIREE (the new version, it seems like Mel would have chosen this version as she seems to really love the guitar things / the fact that it's a french reference, love it, yes, I'm a frenchie)

5. LIGHT SHOWER (I understand the hate, but guys it's really a grower, again it seems that Mel love this one so I will not change it in the tracklist)

6. GARDEN (OF COURSE, like OMFG, HOW CAN SHE CHOOSE TO SCRAP IT? for sure she wanted to include it, it's a nearly finish song..  I don't understand why you guys place it more at the end of the album when you make your own version ?)

7. SPIDER WEB (again, I understand the hate, but well, I love this kind of songs from her, it reminds me of soap with the beat / it could have been replaced by Dragon's Blood, like I see similarities - you take a beast and make a metaphor with it, but it make more sense as we enter a garden that there is a giant spider and not a dragon).

8. LEECHES (as you all, i didn't care of it until the released version, beautiful and powerful...)

9. DRAGON'S BLOOD (why ? because for sure she wanted the make it the final cut, there is 3-4 versions, and all the tease with her merch.. and this place because during her BOTL live there is a dragon in the background, also the outro of leeches makes think of a monster !)

10. THE CONTORTIONIST (SO GOOD ! for sure she wanted it to be in the album, it fits so well with everything in it, the mv is gonna be amazing, it reminds me of tarot cards and all that stuff, for sure she wanted to make an alusion to that kind of things in it)

11. MOON CYCLE (understand the hate again, but for sure she wanted to make it the final cut, not a fan but I love her artistic vision with this choice)

12. NYMPHOLOGY (I agree that for sure this song took the place of sirens, the kind of water sound at the end of moon cycle and the bloody ocean merch.. but I decided to not scrap spider web and nymphology as there are cool songs that I want to listen tho)

13. SIRENS (again with 4 version it’s sure that she wanted to release it, it fits perfectly at the end of an album, I wanted also Melanie to have her moment with sirens as Halsey as her with The Lighthouse at the same position of her last album, same kind of mood !).

14. WOMB (I can see why she decided to finish the album with this kind of guitar mood, but I don't know how to explain it.. listening to it makes me feel stressed about what is gonna be about the next album and nostalgic of crybaby trilogy that comes to an end, also my problem with my version of portals is that there is 14 and not 13 as mel make, but, I would say that womb is kind of the Fire Drill of the album ? i don't know, like 13 + 1. also the song after sirens make so much sense with the drowning water sound at the begining).

For the story, I can see somehting like that :

• she walks in the portal, dies and go though an another dimension (DEATH)

• see nothing but a kind of purgatory / empty room with only void, judge herself hard (lol) (VOID)

• at the end of the tunnel of the portal she discovers her new form, which is kind of sexy (TUNNEL VISION)

• discover her friends with her, and twerk on fairy beat with them (FAERIE SOIREE)

• though the party see her lover (ben?), really really dazzled by light (LIGHT SHOWER)

• discover that this new place is not that peaceful, there is a giant dark garden (/end with her boyfriend?), not so cool the afterlife (GARDEN)

• in it she is kidnapped by a giant spider (or see people caught in its trap and becoming addict lmfao) (SPIDER WEB)

• escape this situation but fall in a pond full of leeches (LEECHES)

• rescued in the water by a dragon that took her far away in the mountain (DRAGON'S BLOOD)

• enter a party in the mountain (kind of L.A. or hollywood party vibe) but ended up being trap to make the contortionist (/fall in love?) (THE CONTORTIONIST)

• had enough hidding herself and being clean, go though the sea near the mountains to talk about her period (/to her new lover) (YUH) (MOON CYCLE)

• a lot of nymph ended him as he is boring / evil / bad / mister i know everything / the outro is carnage because they are attacked (i like to think that these screams are sirens screams) (NYMPHOLOGY)

• final battle between sirens faeries nymphs and evil guy, she dies in the ocean killing the bad guys (SIRENS)

• and rest in peace deep in the sea that become her new mother’s womb where she will reborn... end of the story. 

As the majority of you, I'm a bit disappointed by the album. I agree that we can feel though it that there was changes that were made because of the leak. It's great, but it could have been amazing and top cry baby quality. Like someone said before, it seems that she push out of herself every major things that she wanted to do with this new project at Hawaii and that after she just had to find other things but that feels a little bit off the concept. Also I'm really not a big fan of pop-rock Mel, like not at all that’s why I scrap it in my version, there are really not coherent with the soundscape that she designed at Hawaii. I'm happy to see also that at the end, everything that she experiments there can be heard with the final version (except the kind of soft positive songs that are Mother of Pearl, Fingers Crossed and Needle and Thread). I could see an other version of Portals with Spider Web becoming Dragon's Blood, Nymphology becoming Sirens, BOTL becoming Garden and Needle and Thread as the 11th or 12th song.

I know that Mel certainly don’t work like that with replacing songs that leaked but anyway, tell me what you think of my version !

Also, I wanted so bad that the second film that she intended to make for MM4 would be kind of technological futuristic things, hyperpop maybe ? like futurlife as MM3 is more about past life and nature things... but my dreams will never happens saddly.

3 minutes ago, Lets Cry Together said:

DRAGON'S BLOOD (why ? because for sure she wanted the make it the final cut, there is 3-4 versions, 

Welcome to the forum!

Just so you know, there's only one real version of Dragon's Blood that leaked :creep:  

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

7 hours ago, TropicoKitten said:

she said cry baby's storyline ends with Portals

10 hours ago, sack said:

this is her artistic peak :oprah3: she excels with a lower budget- there isn’t a single flaw with this music video and i stand by that :tanisha: also the production never gets old. the violins coming in at 2:51?? hello???

It was good because they copied Sophie’s production :true: Her PC music moment 

But in all honesty- her best work is on the cry baby album and her debut EP 

10 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

It was good because they copied Sophie’s production :true: Her PC music moment 

This song was made a year before Sophie even released Product tbf :smokes: 

(OG tweet is deleted but this was in response to her post about the session)

I think Melanie had the concept/title already going into that session about washing your mouth out with soap— and then Kyle Shearer created the bubble drop based off that. A moment :defeated:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥