Jack

Melanie Martinez

Just now, sadness is a butterfly said:

I replied to Kinetics insta story about Tunnel Vision and told him I hope to see more K&OL songs on the deluxe and that they make magic together with Melanie, and he said ‘thank you!’.

I tried :oic2: 

Well perhaps he should spill some details :crossed:

Never posted on this thread but as an og Mel fan (from the voice), this album has me conflicted.

definitely wasn’t my fave on first listen but it’s really starting to grow on me. 

top 5.

1. BOTL (I will not tolerate slander, this song is incredible)

2. Evil

3. The contortionist 

4.void

5. tunnel vision

(Faerie soirée and light shower are honorable mentions) 

definitely is an album that takes a few listens to really enjoy but I’m extremely excited for the visuals of this album. Part of me thinks it’s going to be a butterfly type situation where crybaby will be this creature that will develop into this beautiful being (like the one in k-12)

can’t lie though, not a big fan of spider-web 

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

1 hour ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I replied to Kinetics insta story about Tunnel Vision and told him I hope to see more K&OL songs on the deluxe and that they make magic together with Melanie, and he said ‘thank you!’.

I tried :oic2: 

why does the thank you feel like a read though.. 

h4wA.gif

last.fm 

Tour announced! (and new photo)

This looks so different from the raw version, they changed her eyes and colour of her hand (she was wearing white/cream-ish coloured gloves for the actual shoot that got edited to be pink). There's still several more completely unused/unseen sets from while they were shooting in Mexico last year, I wonder if she's going to do anything with them…

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

15 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Tour announced! (and new photo)

There's still several more completely unused/unseen sets from while they were shooting in Mexico last year. I wonder if she's going to do anything with them…

Hmmm confused by the presale dates/programs. I might try and get a ticket if it’s not too expensive. Not sure I qualify for any of the presales. The venue by me is pretty close and also not one that’s too crazy, so that’s a plus. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Since I've listened to the album a few times I must say that overall I LOVE the production on all of the songs and I LOVE most of the lyrics (I don't like MOON CYCLE lyrically but production-wise I think it's amazing). I've heard TUNNEL VISION, FAERIE SOIRÉE, MOON CYCLE, and LEECHES when they first got leaked on YouTube and I've liked them since then as most of the lyrics are the same. There were lyrics added to the end of FAERIE SOIRÉE that I don't particularly like however I think the end of FAERIE SOIRÉE will grow on me eventually. I LOVE that transition from TUNNEL VISION to FAERIE SOIRÉE and I LOVE the intro to TUNNEL VISION. At first I thought I'd be disappointed in this album but now I LOVE it. I might not like everything about it but I love the album bc it shows how much Melanie has grown. I can't pick a favorite song still but if that happens I'll post about it on this thread. I'm sad that PORTALS marks the end of Crybaby's story but I'm looking forward to MM4 (I don't see it being released until 2027 so it'll be a while). Anyways Melanie said on TikTok that she doesn't have the budget for the movie yet so that's why it hasn't been filmed. I'm hoping she'll get the budget for it soon so she can start filming later this year bc that's the only way we'll get the movie next year. Because if not it'll probably take longer for the movie to be released. Also do y'all have any theories about the movie? I'm just curious.

Since I've listened to the album a few times I must say that overall I LOVE the production on all of the songs and I LOVE most of the lyrics (I don't like MOON CYCLE lyrically but production-wise I think it's amazing). I've heard TUNNEL VISION, FAERIE SOIRÉE, MOON CYCLE, and LEECHES when they first got leaked on YouTube and I've liked them since then as most of the lyrics are the same. There were lyrics added to the end of FAERIE SOIRÉE that I don't particularly like however I think the end of FAERIE SOIRÉE will grow on me eventually. I LOVE that transition from TUNNEL VISION to FAERIE SOIRÉE and I LOVE the intro to TUNNEL VISION. At first I thought I'd be disappointed in this album but now I LOVE it. I might not like everything about it but I love the album bc it shows how much Melanie has grown. I can't pick a favorite song still but if that happens I'll post about it on this thread. I'm sad that PORTALS marks the end of Crybaby's story but I'm looking forward to MM4 (I don't see it being released until 2027 so it'll be a while). Anyways Melanie said on TikTok that she doesn't have the budget for the movie yet so that's why it hasn't been filmed. I'm hoping she'll get the budget for it soon so she can start filming later this year bc that's the only way we'll get the movie next year. Because if not it'll probably take longer for the movie to be released. Also do y'all have any theories about the movie? I'm just curious.

1 minute ago, creativeworldbuilder said:

I can't believe I forgot to talk about WOMB. That song would be perfect for the end credits of the movie. It's my favorite closing track by Melanie so far bc it feels like a closing track. Mad Hatter didn't really feel like a closing track. Recess felt more like a closing track but I haven't listened to it in a while.

Okay so after a couple more listens, while I still dislike some songs in the album (mostly Nymphology except for its outro, and Moon Cycle), I don't think any of the leaked songs actually fit well. It's sad because imo the Untouchable 5 deserved more than being scrapped. At least I hope they go in a sort of After School-esque EP sometime soon because they are really good, but within the album they don't quite flow well.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Okay so after a couple more listens, while I still dislike some songs in the album (mostly Nymphology except for its outro, and Moon Cycle), I don't think any of the leaked songs actually fit well. It's sad because imo the Untouchable 5 deserved more than being scrapped. At least I hope they go in a sort of After School-esque EP sometime soon because they are really good, but within the album they don't quite flow well.

Untouchable 5: Tunnel Vision, Sirens, Needle and Thread, Dragons Blood, Garden? 

topsters2-2-1.png

Just now, sadness is a butterfly said:

Untouchable 5: Tunnel Vision, Sirens, Needle and Thread, Dragons Blood, Garden? 

for me, replace TV with Fingers Crossed and there you are :true: 

+ we got TV in the album so I don't count it.

And Death (unreleased) is a gem too :wowcry: 

41 minutes ago, BowOfLove said:

That seems like a pretty short tour? Only two months? 

Makes me think she's going to do the prosthetic every night she plays. A shorter tour would make sense in that case, since the latex and such used in prosthetics like that can be very harsh on your skin. That said, even two months would be very long if that's the case... I think the only way a tour in the creature would work is if she pulled a Hollywood Undead and had a custom sculpted mask with a cutout for her nose and mouth to make it easier to sing and breathe. 

3 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

for me, replace TV with Fingers Crossed and there you are :true: 

+ we got TV in the album so I don't count it.

And Death (unreleased) is a gem too :wowcry: 

I accept that list for sure :true: 

personally I’d swap in Synchronicities for Fingers Crossed

I really like the chorus of the old Void too. I think old Death and old Void are done for though, we won’t see those released. 

And of course, a finished version of Magnets would be near the top of my list. 

topsters2-2-1.png

Okay so I finally readjusted the intros and outros of the album + split Nymphology and its outro as an interlude, and I think it finally is more structured:

Captura-de-pantalla-60.png

:true: 

IM GOING TO BE OUT OF TOWN WHEN MELANIE COMES TO AZ :paris: IVE ONLY BEEN WAITING 8 YEARS, NO BIG DEAL

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

got me like a bad tattoo 

always under skin even when it gets removed

:thumb3:

2 hours ago, Salem said:

Makes me think she's going to do the prosthetic every night she plays. A shorter tour would make sense in that case, since the latex and such used in prosthetics like that can be very harsh on your skin. That said, even two months would be very long if that's the case... I think the only way a tour in the creature would work is if she pulled a Hollywood Undead and had a custom sculpted mask with a cutout for her nose and mouth to make it easier to sing and breathe. 

if she sings through that costume on stage all tour.. why does she make things harder for herself  🤦‍♂️