Jack

Melanie Martinez

Anyone else seeing a lot of videos about the QC for Portals merch? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone get a vinyl that looks similar to mock-ups. So far, it seems the lavender ones are all white, the bloodshot ones are all translucent pink, and the black and white splatter ones are all almost fully grey. I know there were also issues with the listening event CDs having grainy cover art (and one video claiming the audio was really bad). Hopefully future pressings are better, but I guess we’ll find out in a few months. 

this is why I pirate her shit.

Also Salem congrats on angel number reputation I got a screenshot if you want it 

Edited by Yellow
I don't wanna double post

1 minute ago, Salem said:

Anyone else seeing a lot of videos about the QC for Portals merch? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone get a vinyl that looks similar to mock-ups. So far, it seems the lavender ones are all white, the bloodshot ones are all translucent pink, and the black and white splatter ones are all almost fully grey. I know there were also issues with the listening event CDs having grainy cover art (and one video claiming the audio was really bad). Hopefully future pressings are better, but I guess we’ll find out in a few months. 

This is not really unique to Melanie, at least with the vinyls. The Bloodshot one is exactly how I expected it to look after seeing the mock-up, similar to how bland the Midnights pressings were compared to the mock-ups. 

That Walmart one is particularly egregious though. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

17 minutes ago, Salem said:

the europe splatter vinyl pressings are just like the mockups. i think its just a US pressing plants issue

19 minutes ago, Yellow said:

this is why I pirate her shit.

Also Salem congrats on angel number reputation I got a screenshot if you want it 

777, yeah? Dm me it please! 

19 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

That Walmart one is particularly egregious though. 

Yeah I was considering buying a Walmart pressing but I think the fact I’ve seen so many videos was like a sign. 

5 minutes ago, The Siren said:

the europe splatter vinyl pressings are just like the mockups. i think its just a US pressing plants issue

Yeah, I think her team may have gone with a new company for the US pressing this time, but the quality isn’t as good as the one that they used previously. Still odd to me how the CDs had that issue but only with the listening event ones. 

3 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

the copyright being MILK OF THE SIREN wuttice dis 

we discussed this a few pages ago, it might be some fan registering a fake copyright to spread a fake rumour about a potential release

none of the PORTALS songs were registered in Mel's BMI repertoire

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

we discussed this a few pages ago, it might be some fan registering a fake copyright to spread a fake rumour about a potential release

none of the PORTALS songs were registered in Mel's BMI repertoire

well we really lost

i'm excited for her to tour and i'm obviously gonna try to get tickets no matter what, but i'm truly praying that she doesn't wear the mask/costume on tour. one, she has some outdoor shows (including mine) in the middle of summer so that's just not safe for her physically. two, i've been waiting to see her since 2015 and i'd be lowkey upset if my first melanie concert would be her in a costume where i cant even see her actual face. i appreciate the dedication to the character, but i just hope she reconsiders getting into 4 hours worth of makeup and prosthetics each night. :icant:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

2 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

ladies remember when that twitter account shared an 3d art image with the subtitles: "needle & thread"

something like that and now I cant find this image anymore nor the account. I think it was part of Mel's team for this new era

?????????????????????????????????

4 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

ladies remember when that twitter account shared an 3d art image with the subtitles: "needle & thread"

something like that and now I cant find this image anymore nor the account. I think it was part of Mel's team for this new era

pastel or whatever their name was?

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

Just now, The Siren said:

?????????????????????????????????

its been one year or so so i hope someone can help me with this one. I cant remember well the image but it had a pink style (something like a smile on the 3d art i cant remember rn) it was like one of the few confirmations that we would have a song named Needle & Thread

5 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

you’re referring to this, correct?

11 minutes ago, teacherzpet said:

you’re referring to this, correct?

That would have been before the song was leaked then? 

Looking at their page, the artwork is very reminiscent of some of the ‘fetus’ art work used in the Portals promo, also kinda similar to some of the art for the gatefold on the vinyl. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.