Jack

Melanie Martinez

15 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Same with Tunnel Vision so?

with Sirens is less noticeable imo. the changes are more subtle, and with the Spek being almost identical to the leaked one, I literally thought Mel went to put the leaked version in the album.

In Tunnel Vision is very evident, it's even a different vocal take :agree: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

with Sirens is less noticeable imo. the changes are more subtle, and with the Spek being almost identical to the leaked one, I literally thought Mel went to put the leaked version in the album.

In Tunnel Vision is very evident, it's even a different vocal take :agree: 

really????

17 minutes ago, The Siren said:

really????

15 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I’d be surprised if Tunnel Vision has a different vocal take. It sounds the same? Just clearer.

:hoshet: maybe now I'm just clowning myself :toofloppy: probably it's the same vocal take but to me it sounded different somehow, not only clearer. maybe it's just me lol don't mind me much

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, creativeworldbuilder said:

I agree. It feels like the album is more about Melanie herself rather than Crybaby. I can't see how this fits into Crybaby's story. Maybe with the film it'll make more sense but idk.

Honestly, at this point the chances of us getting a film seem to be growing slimmer. They've not approved a budget for it yet, and I don't think they're likely to approve one in the future because while Portals is doing relatively well, I don't think it's doing well enough to justify a multi-million dollar budget to make another film especially with such a short tour making it harder for Melanie to bring in the large profits she needs to show Atlantic that a Portals film would be a worthwhile investment. If the budget for a second film were approved, most fans would be wanting new music instead of visuals for a 2-3 year old album (by the time a film could be casted, costumed, shot, edited, etc). Melanie's best bet for commercial success is to do music videos for 3-4 of the best songs of this era (Tunnel Vision/Faerie Soiree double feature would be great, and a Sirens MV would be another awesome thing to see from her) and work towards having MM4 ready in the next few years instead of taking another four year hiatus. 

@Salem I agree with everything you said above 100% but Melanie’s still on TikTok acting like a movie is coming. So she’s going to take some time to wrap her brain around the fact that it isn’t coming, wasting time. I wonder if any other MVs are even in the works besides VOID.

I really don’t care at all about the story. K-12 was so terrible I didn’t even finish the movie, so I don’t know or care to find out Crybaby’s story prior to Portals. Music videos are great, but even they are a dying art. I’ll watch it if there is a movie (if I still care in two years), and I admire the commitment to the craft, but she’s going to seriously lose some of these 14-20 year olds that are the sort of core of her fan base right now if she waits another 4 years to put out new music. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

@Salem I agree with everything you said above 100% but Melanie’s still on TikTok acting like a movie is coming. So she’s going to take some time to wrap her brain around the fact that it isn’t coming, wasting time. I wonder if any other MVs are even in the works besides VOID.

I really don’t care at all about the story. K-12 was so terrible I didn’t even finish the movie, so I don’t know or care to find out Crybaby’s story prior to Portals. Music videos are great, but even they are a dying art. I’ll watch it if there is a movie (if I still care in two years), and I admire the commitment to the craft, but she’s going to seriously lose some of these 14-20 year olds that are the sort of core of her fan base right now if she waits another 4 years to put out new music. 

I would love for her to return to her roots as a photographer and release a series of photos (one or two for each track) with each release. She'd be able to create them on her own with relatively small budgets, so Atlantic would be unlikely to deny the budget for them, and her need to have visuals alongside her art would be met while also not forcing her to cram together visuals with a budget that doesn't fit what she needs (or give us another film that is convoluted and feels rushed due to limited run time and materials to make it it's best). We've seen that she still enjoys creating photoshoots with the ones she did on her own during quarantine, so I truly think it'd be a great way for her to channel some of her creativity in a constructive way instead of in a lot of ways limiting herself with wanting to do massive projects.