Jack

Melanie Martinez

43 minutes ago, Salem said:

I would love for her to return to her roots as a photographer and release a series of photos (one or two for each track) with each release. She'd be able to create them on her own with relatively small budgets, so Atlantic would be unlikely to deny the budget for them, and her need to have visuals alongside her art would be met while also not forcing her to cram together visuals with a budget that doesn't fit what she needs (or give us another film that is convoluted and feels rushed due to limited run time and materials to make it it's best). We've seen that she still enjoys creating photoshoots with the ones she did on her own during quarantine, so I truly think it'd be a great way for her to channel some of her creativity in a constructive way instead of in a lot of ways limiting herself with wanting to do massive projects. 

tbh i don’t even think it would be a bad idea or a step down,

she could do something similar to marina during her electra heart eras & run a tiktok/insta campaign with photos & short videos expressing the themes of the era.

there’s so much to work with aesthetically this era it would be lovely 

tumblr_oh9idqP3hU1tf91cio1_540.gifv

really? right in front of my lana vinyl??

I kind of wish that she didn't give us a snippet of every songs on the album, i had the feeling to already know the album when it came out / with the bonus tracks it sounds so fresh ! 

rock mel grow on me ! the addition of deluxe tracks go well with VOID / BOTL and EVIL. (i prefer the dark alt pop sound tho)

51 minutes ago, Salem said:

I would love for her to return to her roots as a photographer and release a series of photos (one or two for each track) with each release. She'd be able to create them on her own with relatively small budgets, so Atlantic would be unlikely to deny the budget for them, and her need to have visuals alongside her art would be met while also not forcing her to cram together visuals with a budget that doesn't fit what she needs (or give us another film that is convoluted and feels rushed due to limited run time and materials to make it it's best). We've seen that she still enjoys creating photoshoots with the ones she did on her own during quarantine, so I truly think it'd be a great way for her to channel some of her creativity in a constructive way instead of in a lot of ways limiting herself with wanting to do massive projects.

it could have been nice if she created a book for the story just like crybaby but with photography as you described it!

I start to think that even with the leaks, she created the album as she wanted from the begining. with the amount of leaks that are in the album, she could have choose to release Dragon's Blood or even Garden. I don't understand how she can decide so much things on her music even if it leaks, Charlie had to scrapped all her third album because of it.. 

It hurts me so much to hear in Leeches the line with the garden reference (with the dramatic instrumental omg). Like I see with the deluxe songs why she scrapped Garden, but.. i relate SO MUCH to this song. I can't stand living in this reality anymore with Garden and the first version of Void not being in the official album. 

Bye. 

I think a tracklist like that could have been nice :

DEATH

VOID (first version of course)

TUNNEL VISION

FAERIE SOIREE

LIGHT SHOWER

DRAGON'S BLOOD

LEECHES

GARDEN

THE CONTORTIONIST

MOON CYCLE

NYMPHOLOGY

NEEDLE AND THREAD

WOMB

POWDER

PLUTO

MILK OF THE SIREN

3 minutes ago, Lets Cry Together said:

someone must explain to me why she choose to put milk instead of leche 😭

hey bestie! idk if you knew but there's an edit button after u post 

9ISvyf0.gif

Yall I can't understand what powder and pluto are saying :toofunny: anyways hoping she releases an ep with a more medieval approach *cough* garden, dragons blood, jinx, labyrinth,inconsistent flame*cough*  because she did not eat the 3 track deluxe I'm sorry

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

1 hour ago, NYMPHOLOGY said:

Yall I can't understand what powder and pluto are saying :toofunny: anyways hoping she releases an ep with a more medieval approach *cough* garden, dragons blood, jinx, labyrinth,inconsistent flame*cough*  because she did not eat the 3 track deluxe I'm sorry

There's lyrics on Google that is how I figured it out :sass:

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

So my track list so far is this

1. DEATH

2. VOID

3. TUNNEL VISION

4. FAERIE SOIRÉE

5. LIGHT SHOWER

6. SPIDER WEB

7. LEECHES

8. BATTLE OF THE LARYNX

9. THE CONTORTIONIST

10. MOON CYCLE

11. NYMPHOLOGY

12. EVIL

13. WOMB

14. GARDEN

15. SIRENS (interlude)

16. DRAGON'S BLOOD

17. MOTHER OF PEARL

18. SYNCHRONICITIES

19. FINGERS CROSSED

20. INCONSISTENT FLAME

I’m planning on adding the deluxe tracks as well, cos I like the concept of WOMB at the end to make it a cyclical album. But I kinda wanna shake up the track list but i don’t know how to put everything 😂 anyone wanna help?

5-EAF829-B-1-F87-43-C3-A34-A-C196028-AD9

6 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

pmtU6xEzjOK but what is the lyric for the “spent the rent” line? I really do think it sounds like spent the rent, but what follows that? I’ve slowed it down, sped it up, still don’t know. 

This is why I'm still on the fence with POWDER. It's not even the filter itself that bothers me, just the fact that 90% of the lyrics are inaudible through it. I really am interested to hear the unedited version.