Jack

Melanie Martinez

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

I usually love vocal effects, but I think there's a few cases of them being poorly used both in this era and After School. The way the formant is used on Powder makes the lyrics difficult to make out over the beat, and in Amulet and Numbers she sounds a bit reminiscent of Alastor from Hazbin Hotel, which I doubt is what she's going for. I think over all she tends to sound better with a vocoder than with a formant, and in general it tends to sound better when she has distinction between the vocal/it's effects and the beat itself (ex: Sirens or the leaked version of Void, both having distinct but simple production under any modulated vocals) than when it's used in a beat that already has some synth sounds or is just a complex mix. 

I really think the production in some areas could have been a lot better, and the common denominator is CJ. The vocal effects in MOTS is well executed (thank you One Love). I’m not mad at the album at all, I love it, but working with CJ seems to have created some opportunities for improvement. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

TRACKLIST I HAVE FINALLY SETTLED SOUNDED AND SIMMERED ON

Spoiler

01. DEATH

02. VOID

03. TUNNEL VISION

04. FAERIE SOIRÉE

05. STALKER (Death 1.0)

06. LIGHT SHOWER

07. VENUS / MOTHER OF PEARL

08. FINGERS CROSSED

09. PLUTO

10. MILK OF THE SIRENS

11. LEECHES

12. TOMBSTONE (Not Dead, Just Expired)

13. BATTLE OF THE LARYNX

14. THE CONTORTIONIST

15. MIRROR (Void 1.0)

16. DRAGON'S BLOOD

17. NEEDLE & THREAD

18. EVIL

19. POWDER

20. WOMB

i think it really flows well and i fixed all the intros / outros and chalked the others on a quirkier b sides album called NYMPHOLOGY :whatever2::heart: its def a weirder album for me to digest but i think this way still aligns with her vision and helps me enjoy the era a lot more. Not much negativity left about it!!! I have a lot of love for people who switch things up and honestly good on her for experimenting a little more while also wrapping up something that has been coming for awhile. I can't wait to see where she goes from here. I know she will always love conceptual music, but honestly i see her taking a break and just making simple music for awhile... and I'd honestly be really here for it

people are getting fallout boy on their mel vinyls LMFAOOO :toofloppy:

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

38 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Some Melanie fan pages are sooo cringe…

they be like “fun fact”, did u know Melanie has two legs and one head? :wtf:

They can’t even name the good unreleased tracks 

h4wA.gif

last.fm 

1 hour ago, ashnikkos daisy pepper said:

They can’t even name the good unreleased tracks 

the good ones being 99 Cent Store, Band-Aid, Emerald, Gold Diggin' Love, Mistakes, Needle and Thread, Psycho Lovers, Run, Schizo, Sticks and Stones, Unhappy Meal, You Love I... :bop:

I actually really like the album, it's a good listen and it's great that it's selling well. 

My current top 3:

1. Evil (that transition SLAPS)

2. Nymphology

3. Battle of the Larynx

Some issues I have w/ the record: I agree w/ what's been said - the mixing could've been clearer, especially on Void which kinda sounds a bit basic sonically and structurally; the chorus of SW is giving me CB vibes, when I first heard it I could've sworn I'd heard it before, I like Womb and its chorus though they could've done more w/ it & the intro is kinda basic too.

The deluxe tracks are good though I wish the rest of the album had some of that sonic heaviness, otherwise they really stand out

Also, I'm so tired of all caps titles lol

has anyone figured out the underlining story of portals or do yall think its just separate things the creature goes through kinda like crybaby? cause truly for me this "concept album" is bs. there are many songs in this album soo obvi about things that happened to melanie herself and are from this world, it completely takes me out of wherever she's trying to take me