Jack

Melanie Martinez

I was just on the fan wikia and I was reading more into Verde and I found this

Verde and Melanie met in seventh grade and have been friends ever since.[2] Over the course of 2020 and 2022, he has done various photo shoots with Melanie.

Super cute. :) 

h4wA.gif

last.fm 

1 minute ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

Tunnel Vision demo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Final

I don't like the mixing :crossed:

I’ve  learned to love it :true: I really like that like squealing tire(?) sound on ‘hill they climbed’ and it travels from right to left channel. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Just now, sadness is a butterfly said:

I’ve  learned to love it :true: I really like that like squealing tire(?) sound on ‘hill they climbed’ and it travels from right to left channel. 

I think the new production elements are really cute but the mixing is... an interesting choice. It's just so quiet because it's missing mids. I personally took the track into FL Studio and used Parametric EQ 2 to up the high end, bump the low, and adjust the mids to be a bit cleaner (same as I did for The Contortionist and a few other tracks I otherwise liked) as well as layering in the old riser. 

3 minutes ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

Tunnel Vision demo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Final

I don't like the mixing :crossed:

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I’ve  learned to love it :true:

Basically how I feel too :true:

h4wA.gif

last.fm 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

I think the new production elements are really cute but the mixing is... an interesting choice. It's just so quiet because it's missing mids. I personally took the track into FL Studio and used Parametric EQ 2 to up the high end, bump the low, and adjust the mids to be a bit cleaner (same as I did for The Contortionist and a few other tracks I otherwise liked) as well as layering in the old riser. 

I would like to hear it :true:

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

I don’t think the mixing in the album is necessarily the issue- and I’m seeing more people online raising the point I made.

something is very off with her voice on this era and it’s not just the loud vocoder in all tracks- her voice is struggling to do notes 

Some of y’all have been complaining about her old sound being tired and all but then praise Tunnel Vision, Spider Web, Nymphology and The Contortionist when they are the more reminiscent of her past work. :true:

Either way I love them… I don’t know about the new rock vibe though, for me it only works in Evil.

Unpopular opinion maybe but I would liked a circus themed album next or something followed by a 80s sounding album. Maybe a 70s LA runaway kind of vibe… show us the Crybaby storyline but once she grows out of the childish themes and becomes an adult. Evolve the sound while she gets older. It would be interesting to see her go down that route. She grabbed the esoteric/mystic concept too soon… now where is she gonna go? I feel like pop stars take that path latter in the careers (Madonna, Kylie, Marina,…) because then it gets boring

and if she’s tired of the concept albums, just go full 1/80 and make an album with no concept at all… my problem with portals is that half of the songs follow a story and a theme and the other half don’t (just Oliver Tree diss tracks)… pick ur struggle gurl 

13 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

There’s no evidence presented here though? 
having sex dreams about a r*pist is not uncommon and can be a way to compartmentalise the sit. 

This on its own isn't concrete evidence or anything, but the odd thing about that tweet to me was her liking #MMIsOverParty posts right afterwards. The whole situation felt calculated/planned in advance, she started posting about the allegation (Nov 2017) only 1 month after kickstarting her solo career (Sleep released Oct 2017):crai:  

They already had bad blood by that point with Melanie apparently cutting her off and ending their friendship through text (TH later claimed she ended the friendship, so idk what the actual truth is) but I guess that's why she was calling her an arch nemesis in the first place. Such a mess

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

1 hour ago, Coloringbooks said:

This on its own isn't concrete evidence or anything, but the odd thing about that tweet to me was her liking #MMIsOverParty posts right afterwards. The whole situation felt calculated/planned in advance, she started posting about the allegation only 1 month after kickstarting her solo career:crai:  

They already had bad blood by that point with Melanie apparently cutting her off and ending their friendship through text (TH later claimed she ended the friendship, so idk what the actual truth is) but I guess that's why she was calling her an arch nemesis in the first place. Such a mess

The whole thing is a mess but a little more complicated-

In November of 2017, Timothy tweeted "what if I have my own story of abuse but I'm scared to ruin the persons life and I still love them in a fucked up way and the public really loves them and most probably wouldn't believe me," 

This is exhausting. Timothy is proven time and time over she's a compulsive liar and made her story because Sleep flopped. I need a bong rip.

4 minutes ago, Yellow said:

This is exhausting. Timothy is proven time and time over she's a compulsive liar and made her story because Sleep flopped. I need a bong rip.

We’ll stop now but this is just wrong- you should never accuse someone of this(lying) unless you have proof and every time there is no evidence either way- crybabies still spam about this topic as of 2023 so sadly it will always be a relevant topic 🤷‍♀️

14 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I’m skeptical that she would mix in older songs into the Portals songs? Doesn’t seem accurate.

I’m also skeptical but I hope it’s real cause I realllly want to hear lunchbox friends live 

3 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

pnq0rWyhj

I asked CJ about Evil (with my Taylor Swift stan burner account, don’t judge me  😂)

Thought I was going deaf first time I played EVIL 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)