Jack

Melanie Martinez

I've been listening to Portals nonstop, even more than Ocean Blvd tbh. It's addictive. Sometimes the abuse of vocal effects is annoying, but overall the album is great. Evil and The Contortionist are such anti-people pleasing anthems. She really surprised me. I had lost interest years ago and was tired of the adult baby shtick, so I'm glad she reinvented herself. It worked.

let me be who i'm meant to be

1 hour ago, strange weather said:

I've been listening to Portals nonstop, even more than Ocean Blvd tbh. It's addictive. Sometimes the abuse of vocal effects is annoying, but overall the album is great. Evil and The Contortionist are such anti-people pleasing anthems. She really surprised me. I had lost interest years ago and was tired of the adult baby shtick, so I'm glad she reinvented herself. It worked.

yes ! I still play Ocean Blvd more than Portals, but I listen to it a lot too, I was bored of her character and I'm happy to be excited by her music again.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

1 hour ago, strange weather said:

She still makes baby noises in this album and has the references though, I’m confused why people think it’s a big divergence thematically 

I ranked the album :

Sans-titre-1.jpg

(And I really like Nymphology) I adore Faerie Soirée & Light Shower, the dirty dry and electric guitars fits Melanie's voice and melodies so heavenly (Light Shower reminds me Watercolor Eyes and I love it), this songs are sonically sophisticated and "mature". Leeches got all my attention for its structure, the melody is cleverly bitter-sweet. The production of Evil is so good, it sounds like a 90's-Buffy's-Bronze-Club garage band mastering that gives to this track a great vibe. And I love the rocky-revenge sound of Void.

I listened this album on a long ride and I didn't skipped anything.

The only thing I don't like in this era is Powder.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

31 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

She still makes baby noises in this album and has the references though, I’m confused why people think it’s a big divergence thematically 

What were you expecting exactly? There are so many artists who use similar themes throughout each album cycle, including Lana. So like.. what’s so terrible about her doing it as well? Y’all are never gonna be happy with anything she does if it doesn’t match your specific expectations of her :lolliney:

5 minutes ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

What were you expecting exactly? There are so many artists who use similar themes throughout each album cycle, including Lana. So like.. what’s so terrible about her doing it as well? Y’all are never gonna be happy with anything she does if it doesn’t match your specific expectations of her :lolliney:

That’s not what I meant, I’m just saying she didn’t completely scrap the crybaby side for this album- my problems with the album are completely diff- it’s poorly written and executed by its sound to me

10 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

That’s not what I meant, I’m just saying she didn’t completely scrap the crybaby side for this album- my problems with the album are completely diff- it’s poorly written and executed by its sound to me

Because it’s still about crybaby:lmao:

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

13 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Yes but people are acting like it’s scrapped which was the point sweetie….:awkney:

The adult baby is just loosely gone 

I didn’t read the whole thing imma be honest I just responded 

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

11 minutes ago, rabbit boi said:

day 917

still no melanie vinyl shipments

If you bother them enough, they won’t give you any answers, but you might get a 15% off coupon for future orders, that may also never ship, like I did :party:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

17 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

If you bother them enough, they won’t give you any answers, but you might get a 15% off coupon for future orders, that may also never ship, like I did :party:

Unless if it’s a quick-reply automated response LMFAOOO 

h4wA.gif

last.fm