Womb

Leeches

- Garden 💃 

Battle of the Larynx

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

10 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

I would die for Melanie to cover "Busted and Blue" by Gorillaz. It sounds exactly like something that would've come out of the early leaks, especially with the natural ambient sounds in the background and many similar references in the lyrics to Portals' songs. I think her voice would be perfect for it too. 

It'll never happen of course, but one can dream.

Well now that she’s pretty much done with the Cry Baby stuff, hopefully she’ll be more open to doing covers like she used to :oopna2:

cant tell if this is any different to the original faerie soiree leak

https://dbree.org/v/64a6d1

and these AI tracks are getting out of hand :crossed:

https://dbree.org/v/46439f

SydKMed.jpg

Edited by The Siren

22 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Sorry guys. Portals is getting 0 replays for me… except for Tunnel Vision, The Contortionist, Moon Cycle, Nymphology, Evil, Powder and Womb. Everything else is just… no :icant:

In the way of the finals, I've only been going back to Leeches and Milk Of The Siren. I feel like this era had great potential to be something amazing but Melanie ended up making the same mistake she did with K-12 by having one producer for the whole album. I also feel like in a lore context Portals doesn't make sense as it's own or with her other work because a lot of the tracks included (Ex: BOTL) don't fit the past life regression theme, and it almost ends up feeling like there's several tracks missing because of it. I'm hoping we get a few more (preferably non-CJ) tracks that clear up the plot and make a little more sense with the theme, but we'll see. 

3 hours ago, Salem said:

I also feel like in a lore context Portals doesn't make sense as it's own or with her other work because a lot of the tracks included (Ex: BOTL) don't fit the past life regression theme, and it almost ends up feeling like there's several tracks missing because of it. I'm hoping we get a few more (preferably non-CJ) tracks that clear up the plot and make a little more sense with the theme, but we'll see. 

The way most of the leaked tracks that didn’t make the album fit the past life regression theme better than the new songs AND the leaks that made the album. 

Needle and Thread could definitely have a double meaning on death/letting go of a loved one or past life.

Garden, definitely. Fingers Crossed, definitely. Dragons Blood, sort of. 

Tunnel Vision is my fave, but that one and Moon Cycle have absolutely nothing to do with the theme :toofloppy: Neither do most of the new songs. (Tunnel Vision 0.1 fits the theme MUCH better if she was going for the concept over the song itself)

I love the album, but I highly disagree that it’s a concept album, like at all. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Yesterday I revisited Crybaby… what a masterpiece of an album! :angie::xcry::krylie:

what happened to all that genius! Even the worst songs there (Training Wheels and Sippy Cup) are absolute bangers nowadays. From the lyrics to the production and the concept…

Actually really disappointed by everything she has put out later… 

10 hours ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

The way most of the leaked tracks that didn’t make the album fit the past life regression theme better than the new songs AND the leaks that made the album. 
Needle and Thread could definitely have a double meaning on death/letting go of a loved one or past life.

Garden, definitely. Fingers Crossed, definitely. Dragons Blood, sort of. 

Tunnel Vision is my fave, but that one and Moon Cycle have absolutely nothing to do with the theme :toofloppy: Neither do most of the new songs. (Tunnel Vision 0.1 fits the theme MUCH better if she was going for the concept over the song itself)

I love the album, but I highly disagree that it’s a concept album, like at all. 

"Tunnel Vision" makes sense in relation to the album name and ending of K-12 where Lilith is leading them into a portal. I understand why she really wanted to include this title on the album

1*-6RDW28GIjq7oxJtR5YIvg.jpeg

One of my friends was arguing that Moon Cycle fits the album because periods are part of the life cycle etc. I would've been fine if that song got replaced with something else though

I don't see how Needle and Thread, Garden or Dragon's Blood fit the theme of past life regression :creep: I think Portals was always meant to be less story-based/theme-specific than Cry Baby or K-12

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

something that upsets me about this album is that it's not about Cry Baby at all even tho she really tried to convince us that it is

looking back at the lyrics from Cry Baby (album) the songs had a very very specific storytelling and you could very much tell she was painting a picture, a child who is born into a toxic family, even the kidnapping part is very specific.

k-12 it's were the story starts cracking aka she got tired of CB and wanted to say smth more personal, wr still got very specific lyrics that serve the storyline (namedropping Kelly, Brandon etc) but also tracks like Show & Tell where u can definitely tell it had nothing to do with the storyline and it was smth from her personal pov that she tried to force into the album, making feel unchoesive.

but Portals is were she 100% dropped the whole thing, even when she personally described the songs she didn't even mention CB or the events that happen to her in this album, cause there is no storyline, like, she is reborn and then what?

everything is clearly Melanie related, you couldn't have CB (album) without the storyline but you can 100% have Portals without it being about CB like she claims, it's pretty obvious she wanted to get rid of the storyline but i'm sad she lost track of the story and basically dropped it without a proper ending

12 minutes ago, BowOfLove said:

Watch her make spiderwebs the third single :awkney:

We want Tunnel Vision as the single!!!

Though I could imagine a spider web music video somewhat like Halsey's Nightmare :true:

The caption of that new post is ridiculously cringe :hillary: 

Anyways, I listen to Portals regularly but I don't die for it. I definitely agree that it shouldn't have been marketed as still part of the Cry Baby story as there's nothing about Cry Baby in it. I love it being out of the Cry Baby storyline but she really shouldn't even have mentioned the character when promoting it. It should've been the album where Melanie is reborn, not Cry Baby.

Ugh this already reads as a Class Fight rehash with the repetitions sorry y'all

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: