Jack

Melanie Martinez

9 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Lol honestly thank you for clarifying that. I guess I'm paranoid that someone will call me triggered or say im tearing her apart, when in reality I 100% love what she's doing right now but just feel urked by the delivery of some of it :toofloppy:

I see all of those kinds of people as being two steps away from the Gwyneth Paltrow Goop pipeline, but it's the most irritating when it's someone that I'm actually interested in keeping up with. Especially if they used to be a more down to earth persona like Melanie, that quickly turned into the "I'm on a higher level of evolution than you lower life forms" shtick. It kind of gives off narcissistic vibes to me after a certain point too, you know?

Either way, I doubt she's being serious with that 99% comment. Girl has been spending a shit ton of time in front of a camera lately, for starters.

With all these AI audio things, I need someone to make Melanie Martinez sing “Simon Says” by Allie X. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a CryBaby song. 

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

32 minutes ago, The Siren said:

very interesting to see The Contortionist getting some spotlight and spins. I love it so much I wish we could get some nice visuals from all the album songs tbh

5 hours ago, iJoshicus said:

With all these AI audio things, I need someone to make Melanie Martinez sing “Simon Says” by Allie X. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a CryBaby song. 

God! I have always though this… I’m glad I’m not the only one sensing this Melanie vibe in that song 

Same with Poisoned With Love by Neon Hitch 

On 4/19/2023 at 12:44 PM, Carmen Del Rey said:

I feel guilty for saying this but I might like Portals (as a whole) better than Ocean Blvd.

I could never love Melanie as much as Lana, and the songs that I do like on Ocean Blvd, I love way more than Portals. Portals just has no skips for me. I'm having issues connecting to some of Lana's new songs. Idk pls don't arrest me 

On 4/19/2023 at 1:04 PM, Coloringbooks said:

Oh I fully agree with this. Lana's put out some great songs in recent years but I don't feel connected to her recent output like I am with her older music. But I'm a huge Melanie stan of all eras, so

I like Portals more as well. Because like I've said in the Ocean Blv thread, Lana has been singing her poetry rather than giving actual melody and making music. I love her music usually and I get that she prides herself on what she's saying, but girl, would it kill you to make things sound more melodic and fun?

4 hours ago, SarcasticBeauty said:

I like Portals more as well. Because like I've said in the Ocean Blv thread, Lana has been singing her poetry rather than giving actual melody and making music. I love her music usually and I get that she prides herself on what she's saying, but girl, would it kill you to make things sound more melodic and fun?

this. I used to be a Lana stan back in the BTD era but after Ultraviolence I just left the ship. I wonder if she’ll ever top songs like This Is What Makes Us Girls and Carmen for example bc that album remains untouched im sorry

5 hours ago, 111 said:

@Elle pls delete this thread

:bye:

Anyway, has anyone else seen the TikTok stans fighting over Mel's vocal damage? The ones who try to talk about it get treated like they're just shitting on her now, but I remember when all of this first started years ago, and no one acted that sensitive about it then. If anything, people were genuinely worried about her! Her fanbase has gotten so obsessive that they won't even admit when she's injured, like it's some sort of insult.

I just think if people keep trying to pass off her extreme vocal damage as "having a hard time in the mask"(like this hasn't been going on since 2016), "she's quitting smoking", "she's just emotional", etc., she'll never actually realise how bad it's gotten and she'll just keep pushing it. At this rate, by 2025 she'll just have to use backing tracks and won't even be able to keep up with her own music. That's not my problem of course, but I think it's alright to express concern that a singer might not even be able to sing one day if they don't change something now.

6 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

this. I used to be a Lana stan back in the BTD era but after Ultraviolence I just left the ship. I wonder if she’ll ever top songs like This Is What Makes Us Girls and Carmen for example bc that album remains untouched im sorry

sorry I’m actually reeling at someone acting like TIWMUG is a top tier lana song LMAO

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

:bye:

Anyway, has anyone else seen the TikTok stans fighting over Mel's vocal damage? The ones who try to talk about it get treated like they're just shitting on her now, but I remember when all of this first started years ago, and no one acted that sensitive about it then. If anything, people were genuinely worried about her! Her fanbase has gotten so obsessive that they won't even admit when she's injured, like it's some sort of insult.

I just think if people keep trying to pass off her extreme vocal damage as "having a hard time in the mask"(like this hasn't been going on since 2016), "she's quitting smoking", "she's just emotional", etc., she'll never actually realise how bad it's gotten and she'll just keep pushing it. At this rate, by 2025 she'll just have to use backing tracks and won't even be able to keep up with her own music. That's not my problem of course, but I think it's alright to express concern that a singer might not even be able to sing one day if they don't change something now.

Well, here lies the mistake. You assumed there would be any rationality in any stan zone, especially TikTok. I thought I heard some issues with her voice, but dismissed it, seeing as I don't ever listen to her live shows; the only time I view them is on my YouTube shorts (where they pop up). Maybe she can fix it with coaching? I'm ignorant to any health conditions or smoking she partakes in....

38 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Well, here lies the mistake. You assumed there would be any rationality in any stan zone, especially TikTok. I thought I heard some issues with her voice, but dismissed it, seeing as I don't ever listen to her live shows; the only time I view them is on my YouTube shorts (where they pop up). Maybe she can fix it with coaching? I'm ignorant to any health conditions or smoking she partakes in....

I mean, it's not that I'm expecting anything genius from TikTok comments. I just find it irritating(even though this is petty compared to most TikTok misinfo) when people start spamming every discussion about her voice with shit like "it isn't damaged, she's just sick!(for like 7 years straight now? Doubt it)" and take that as the facts/start repeating it everywhere. It just further kills discussion in the fanbase, and it can't be good for Melanie's career when she's literally breaking her voice and all of her teenage fans are gaslighting her into thinking it's still perfect.

I mean, if she's fine with pushing herself until she can't go anymore, then whatever. But lord, I would not want that to be my life! It makes me feel bad for her.

2 hours ago, Party Favor said:

sorry I’m actually reeling at someone acting like TIWMUG is a top tier lana song LMAO

It's one of my favs :true: it hasnt aged nearly as much as the other songs :true:

1 minute ago, 111 said:

i wish you an ounce of luck

One ounce is already more than what I had before :true:

8 hours ago, 111 said:

@Elle pls delete this thread

Melanie stays thriving, and so does this thread— stay mad about it loves :lmao:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

7 minutes ago, 111 said:

leak descending final or shut up :kiss2:

Stay mad about that too :teehee:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

5 minutes ago, 111 said: