Jack

Melanie Martinez

19 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

You know if you mention Lana in here-111 gets riled up :oprah3:  

But yes Melanie had a very cute airy voice that floated on tracks and now you can hear her voice cracking a lot on the album unless her vocals were just not produced well. 

I hope she seeks a vocal coach because her voice has never sounded healthy to me with the amount of air but it was pleasant and she could hit notes.

Exactly. If I sounded the way she has been, and not only was no one worried about it, but they were also making excuses and pushing me to keep going? I'd be kind of pissed. Not to mention all the people saying things like "this is how she's always sounded", which couldn't be further from the truth.

I honestly just can't tell anymore if she's doing all of this for herself, and doesn't care that much about the damage she's acquired, or if she's only still going because no one has sincerely told her to stop yet. I wouldn't care so much myself if it weren't for the fact that you can hear her voice breaking in nearly every song she sings lately, and that she's almost been relying on backing tracks more than her own voice. It's sad.

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

coloringbooks vs eclipse leak contest:true:

whoever leaks a lfl outtake first is the true hot and unbothered one

one is british and one probably isnt... guess whos my fav

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

Just now, rancidgirl said:

one is british and one probably isnt... guess whos my fav

Speaking of British, @Coloringbooks, please give us (me) British Boys FInal by Poppy, thank you! :lmaoney:

And back to the topic of Melanie, I heard her CD booklets were low quality but new replacements came in- think it was a local record store thing :agree:, so that's nice

6 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

Exactly. If I sounded the way she has been, and not only was no one worried about it, but they were also making excuses and pushing me to keep going? I'd be kind of pissed. Not to mention all the people saying things like "this is how she's always sounded", which couldn't be further from the truth.

I honestly just can't tell anymore if she's doing all of this for herself, and doesn't care that much about the damage she's acquired, or if she's only still going because no one has sincerely told her to stop yet. I wouldn't care so much myself if it weren't for the fact that you can hear her voice breaking in nearly every song she sings lately, and that she's almost been relying on backing tracks more than her own voice. It's sad.

I mean there’s a lot of factors to voice problems including health so maybe there’s something she doesn’t want her fans to know 

1 minute ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Speaking of British, @Coloringbooks, please give us (me) British Boys FInal by Poppy, thank you! :lmaoney:

And back to the topic of Melanie, I heard her CD booklets were low quality but new replacements came in- think it was a local record store thing :agree:, so that's nice

omg pls give us british boys i will literally love the uk if you do that i promise i will stop hating on you

and i don't seem to mind

35 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

it's been four years, it's about time that collapse leaks... imagine hoarding onto music you know is top tier and can benefit everyone...

Voice changes over time and thats natural but its clear that her voice has changed pretty fast in the past few years. Her recent songs are showing that too and sometimes even by taking some medicines can cause voice changing. I dont know what happened to her during these years but its far from natural and I dont think smoking can cause this change this “fast”. Evil and BOTL are screaming vocal damage 

cry baby outtakes r actually so genius... lemme list a few that r literally such genius mastermind taylor swift ended concepts

Spoiler

99 Cent Store

A Thousand Words

Arts & Crafts

Band Aid

Bombs On Monday Morning

Bones Are Blue

Coloring Book

Cooties

Gold Diggin Love

Half Hearted

Haunted

Jumprope

Night Mime

Psycho Lovers

Ring Pop

Rocking Horse

Rough Love

Run

Schizo

Seesaw

Trophy Wife

Unhappy Meal

Where Do Babies Come From

You Love I (she literally wrote this at like 17 shes actually insane i love her)

Zzzz

THE GIRLS WERE GONNA BE ENDED AND SHE SAVED THEM she said im not ready to be the youngest successful person yet so she scrapped cry baby complete edition with every single track she made for cry baby

honorable mentions that i dont think r really like mastermind but certain parts of them

dressed in mistakes

rotten milk

and i don't seem to mind

10 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

On another note maybe this is why she is limiting her tours 🤷‍♀️ not everyone’s voice can withstand day in day out singing 

didnt she lipsync the whole k-12 tour anyway :xgiggle:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

21 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

this. I used to be a Lana stan back in the BTD era but after Ultraviolence I just left the ship. I wonder if she’ll ever top songs like This Is What Makes Us Girls and Carmen for example bc that album remains untouched im sorry

THE WAY I AGREE. I listened to all the other albums and she has great tracks on all of them, but nothing touches BTD ULT and the unreleased. I'm glad she's happier, but it feels so uninspired and monotonous.

Anyway, Mel really did a good job on this album. I still listen to it.

Sweet boy, straight out of the movie screen
Candy hearts and chocolate dreams
I met my prince upon a popcorn bowl
He held my heart and let it go
Ice cream upon a summer's day
Beginnin' sweetness never stays

You speak sour lemonade to me
The bitter taste won't let me be
One kiss was supposed to be so sweet
But I found grapefruit in your teeth
Old gum is all you'll ever be to me
I spit you out and brush my teeth

Enough of your bittersweet
Your sugar rots my teeth
Clogs up my arteries

She really was a genius! The metaphor, clever lyrics and grand production make this song one of my all time favourites from her :defeated:

Reminds me of WTBCF and BOMM which are ALSO masterpieces 

24 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Sweet boy, straight out of the movie screen
Candy hearts and chocolate dreams
I met my prince upon a popcorn bowl
He held my heart and let it go
Ice cream upon a summer's day
Beginnin' sweetness never stays

You speak sour lemonade to me
The bitter taste won't let me be
One kiss was supposed to be so sweet
But I found grapefruit in your teeth
Old gum is all you'll ever be to me
I spit you out and brush my teeth

Enough of your bittersweet
Your sugar rots my teeth
Clogs up my arteries

She really was a genius! The metaphor, clever lyrics and grand production make this song one of my all time favourites from her :defeated:

Reminds me of WTBCF and BOMM which are ALSO masterpieces 

I always think of Unhappy Meal as one of her best songs lyrically as well (and just way too catchy), and tho it's a different vibe to these three songs, I think it hits all of the themes she covers so perfectly.

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks so highly of the song! 

Personally I find the Bittersweet Tragedy lyrics a bit too corny, but WDBCF is especially a top tier song to me. 

10 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I always think of Unhappy Meal as one of her best songs lyrically as well (and just way too catchy), and tho it's a different vibe to these three songs, I think it hits all of the themes she covers so perfectly.

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks so highly of the song! 

Oh you're not alone, I love Unhappy Meal so much! A lot of people don't like it for the rough production—but it's actually one of my top scrobbled Melanie songs since I got Last.fm back in 2018 lol. I collapsed so hard hearing it for the first time.

I hope to find out more about that song in the future… it's quite elusive/mysterious to me actually 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

we need melanie to do an ayesha erotica y2k pink crop top thong hyperpop album :twirls:

and i don't seem to mind