Jack

Melanie Martinez

Here's a totally obvious (pre?)reference to her new character that I just saw from the K-12 tour. We'll probably notice lots more of this stuff in future videos too, so that'll be fun! Reminds me of the Spider Web pic on the calendar, lol.

EHB5V_IWkAI-UVN?format=jpg&name=900x900

Sidenote, it looks like our thoughts on the "Can't wait 'til I'm out of K-12" tagline were spot on with so many lyrics in Portals alluding to her being unhappy and bored with the state of her career/life. I'm sure she was still having fun, but I don't think she was resonating with her old work that much by the time After School was in production.

On 4/22/2023 at 1:39 PM, The Siren said:

Wait I just had a mini big brain moment. 

What if Cry Baby could have been a twin? The concept demo Twins gave me an idea for Cry Baby

- the "they call me/you cry baby and you/I don't fucking care" lyric

- in sippy cup I can see the twins similar to the twins characters in one of the horror movies (I forget the name)

- one of the twins could have died in the alphabet boy video (the angel wings/fog machine clouds)

- k-12 could have added a plot element of the remaining twin pretending to be the dead twin and at the end confess and come into her own identity

Anyone else think Itd work???? :defeated:

On 4/22/2023 at 1:40 PM, rancidgirl said:

she was supposed to be a twin at one point i think cuz one of the og concept covers was conjoined twins or something like that? but im pretty sure the "they call me/you cry baby" line is supposed to be melanie talking to the listener:trisha:

K-12 has that throwaway line about how Crybaby and Angelita were probably conjoined twins in a past life; inb4 that somehow gets brought up again in the Portals film

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

7 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

She really has an attitude and it's unsettling in a way like she's yelling at us and blaming us for being naive children. She kinda switched it around from being the child who was lied to, to being the adult/icon who lies to the kids and doesn't give a shit about them.

I don't think it's literally about a fast food chain/advertising. it sounds like a metaphor to me about a relationship.

2 minutes ago, WildChild said:

I don't think it's literally about a fast food chain/advertising. it sounds like a metaphor to me about a relationship.

I see it more about consumerism in general and maybe even celebrities (?) Not only fast food. Interesting that you see it about a relationship. I mean, maybe to me it's about parasocial relationships.

2 hours ago, WildChild said:

I see it more like Bombs On Monday (cancer, bombing, bad news…) with many possible meanings… and that’s part of what makes it kind of mysterious to me. 

It could mean fast food industry, advertising, celebrities or even a relationship where u come back to someone who treats u like shit. Many layers to that song 

Also BOM is gaining a whole new meaning to me since someone in my family has started chemotherapy recently… the line “promise I’ll love your garden, even with no flowers” hits hard :bebe:

8 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I see it more about consumerism in general and maybe even celebrities (?) Not only fast food. Interesting that you see it about a relationship. I mean, maybe to me it's about parasocial relationships.

Yes. I've always thought UhM was about how the general public always puts celebs on a higher pedestal than literally everyone else

On 4/23/2023 at 6:09 PM, WildChild said:

Fairy Dance as an outro is a great idea! also love seeing Mother of Pearl and I think right after NYMPHOLOGY is very fitting. scrap NDJE, very boring, especially as an intro 😭

What the fuck is you talking about NDJE is more or less a bridge to make the transition from DEATH to Death far less jarring and also NDJE eats 

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

On 4/22/2023 at 1:23 PM, Coloringbooks said:

It's 100% most certainly not a K&OL song, the actual producer remains unknown though.

There was CJ Baran speculations but I'm not fully convinced… someone should ask him on Twitter :delish:

Have mm4 sessions started:hooker:

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

SHE POSTED A PIC FROM THE VERY FIRST SHOOT THAT LEAKED FINALLYYy :wowcry: might be the best the prosthetics have ever looked , and she’s winning the boob off against lana this year FuhiwybaQAASJA4.jpg

3 hours ago, CelloJay said:

ive noticed the prosthetics look way better when she’s wearing less goofy wigs and isn’t wearing that weird body suit 

(removed the image to not have this be super long) 

I think the main reason the pictures where she's wearing the body suit look odd is because it's got this fishy gill texture on the entirety of her body (including her palms, neck, and chest which adds to the weird factor) while the face is mostly smooth. I also feel like the gills are out of place if the creature is meant to be a fairy of some kind, but we don't really know 100% what it is.