Jack

Melanie Martinez

13 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

The way my mum is visiting Amsterdam right now while Melanie is there with Verde for her birthdayΒ 1000480155476688936

Oh also, sheΒ just posted some more Portals photos on Instagram

Β 

6IW28dC.jpgqwJrtnc.jpg

Β 

"It's my solar return today 🧚 I've lived for 28 years on this planet so far & the only thing I wish to share with the world today is how grateful I am to be able to create music and art that makes people feel seen, accepted and loved. My heart is so full"

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

I don't know about y'all but this is getting weird for me, lol..

JIcGH9R_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

it could be because she's promoing this character, but I definitely agree. I remember her 2019 birthday post was very fucking normal and was her thanking her fans for birthday wishes and now it's this word salad mess... still love her and wish her happy birthday but damn she went off the deep end...

i love seeing people live their art to the fullest. it's quirky and enchanting. i'd wait a few more years to see if that's some psychotic break, but in the mean time....i'll appreciate the vision and dedication ✨️✨️✨️ she's really doing IT 

4 minutes ago, 14n4 said:

i love seeing people live their art to the fullest. it's quirky and enchanting. i'd wait a few more years to see if that's some psychotic break, but in the mean time....i'll appreciate the vision and dedication ✨️✨️✨️ she's really doing IT 

PLZΒ :toofloppy:definitely her recent changes have been pushed by we*d and shro*m use... it's actually sad how she went from writing like Cake, Schizo, Unhappy Meal to BATTLE OF THE LARYNX (still a good song sonically and for PORTALS, but the style has clearly changed)

omg how crazy an artist is committing to the character that's made for the album wow that is soweird and never ben done before drugs is what it is

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

1 hour ago, WildChild said:

PLZΒ :toofloppy:definitely her recent changes have been pushed by we*d and shro*m use... it's actually sad how she went from writing like Cake, Schizo, Unhappy Meal to BATTLE OF THE LARYNX (still a good song sonically and for PORTALS, but the style has clearly changed)

NOT BATTLE OF THE LARYNXXXXXXXX literally so interesting lyrically!!!!!! as someone who studies linguistics i saw some references and i wondered if they were intentional or not. but i thought the lyrics were very clever.........Β i'd honestlyΒ give it more time if i were y'all but i get where you're coming from.Β she could very well be experimenting (with drugs 2) but the art is fire to me so. i dont think she's falling from grace or anything of the sort. it's a wild ride though i'll give u that

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

I don't know about y'all but this is getting weird for me, lol..

JIcGH9R_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Β 

How much sugar do you humans eat in this strange world? Personally I find that eating sugar 99% of the time makes me feel closer to death, and death is life, is death, is life....

50 minutes ago, 14n4 said:

NOT BATTLE OF THE LARYNXXXXXXXX literally so interesting lyrically!!!!!! as someone who studies linguistics i saw some references and i wondered if they were intentional or not. but i thought the lyrics were very clever.........Β i'd honestlyΒ give it more time if i were y'all but i get where you're coming from.Β she could very well be experimenting (with drugs 2) but the art is fire to me so. i dont think she's falling from grace or anything of the sort. it's a wild ride though i'll give u that

its been four weeks since the album came out. if time is what the song needed, we wouldve clicked by now :air:

Last.FMΒ |Β DiscogsΒ |Β Letterboxd

fUsMzFd.jpeg

4 hours ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

oh okay, who knows what this is aboutΒ 

I’d bet @ColoringbooksΒ doesΒ :true:

Β 

I’m kinda living for the bald alien, a serveΒ :true:

Β 

Also really into Soap lately, what a song.Β :true:

topsters2-2-1.png

Β 

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

11 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

didnt she say it takes hours and hours to get dressed as the creature? does she really do all that just to go out with friends for her bday? and does she pay the people who do this for her every time?

Full prosthetics (concert) yes. Less for the mask version. Clearly she can’t move her mouth so it’s the latter.

Β 

And y’all it’s literally just promo:air:Β she probably ripped that thing off and got out the makeup wipes two seconds after. It was on a boat, not in a restaurant.

topsters2-2-1.png

Β 

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Menace to society doesn't sound like portals AT ALL maybe early mm4 sessions? It seems she always records for the next album, as soon as the deluxe for the last is dropped (ndje was made in october 2020 and k-12 songs were being written in 2015 and 2016)

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

same people crying about her committing to a bit are the same ones who would be writing an essay on how much a lazy slob she is if she did zero promo

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

16 hours ago, NYMPHOLOGY said:

Menace to society doesn't sound like portals AT ALL maybe early mm4 sessions? It seems she always records for the next album, as soon as the deluxe for the last is dropped (ndje was made in october 2020 and k-12 songs were being written in 2015 and 2016)

have u heard the song?