Melanie Martinez

6 minutes ago, WildChild said:

never understood the Play Date hate... literally top 10 in her discography

I don't hate it but I don't really enjoy it either tbh :ohno: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

18 minutes ago, WildChild said:

It's been so overplayed that I just cannot stand it anymore. I used to find it cute but tiktok ruined it because any time you're stuck hearing the same part of a song over and over often many times within a day for several weeks it reaches a point it starts to drive you crazy. 

21 minutes ago, WildChild said:

It's Teddy Bear for me. It hardly gets talked about, and a lot of people here just don't like it at all! I'm not really sure why. There are similar songs she's put out lyrically/beat-wise that everyone seems to love.

Still waiting for Cake to get viral on TikTok so the label forces her to make a video out of it :crossed: it deserves the recognition :true:

that way she can leave that atrocious costume to the side and finally show us her face again 

something like this would be cool… don’t know why they deleted the original 

49 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Still waiting for Cake to get viral on TikTok so the label forces her to make a video out of it :crossed: it deserves the recognition :true:

that way she can leave that atrocious costume to the side and finally show us her face again

I think everyone just needs to stop asking for her to release more Cry Baby material/videos/concert performances at this point. She's expressed openly how tired she is of it and I don't blame her considering how much her style has changed since then.

And is the costume really that bad to some of y'all? Honestly asking, not trying to be rude. She's always been an experimental artist. We shouldn't be surprised that she's stepped in the direction of full body costumes now.

I did notice this time around that she had the prosthetics done differently for her face, leaving her lower jaw open to sing more easily, and probably also to keep her cooler with less material sitting on her bare skin. I think that's a good idea if she's really going to keep up with the prosthetics for the whole tour since it's so hot everywhere. Definitely agree that I'm going to miss seeing her face, though.

45 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

And is the costume really that bad to some of y'all? Honestly asking, not trying to be rude. She's always been an experimental artist. We shouldn't be surprised that she's stepped in the direction of full body costumes now.

I did notice this time around that she had the prosthetics done differently for her face, leaving her lower jaw open to sing more easily, and probably also to keep her cooler with less material sitting on her bare skin. I think that's a good idea if she's really going to keep up with the prosthetics for the whole tour since it's so hot everywhere. Definitely agree that I'm going to miss seeing her face, though.

The costume itself I can deal with for the music videos, photos, etc, even if I don't particularly care for it: but on tour it's just not a good idea. Less so because it's kind of ugly (though I think that's intentional) and more so because it's not safe to have anything covering your nose/mouth when you're under stage lights on a hot day. It's not like she can just take it off like a mask if it gets to be too much or she can't breathe because it's adhered onto her face. There were points watching last night's show I thought she was about to pass out from heat exhaustion, and it's only going to get hotter when it truly hits summer temperatures. The tour schedule has her playing 8 shows between California, Arizona, and Texas in June (all states known for incredibly hot climates) and a few shows going into mid July. I don't think it's going to get any easier for her to manage to stay cool enough, especially now that she can't further rework the prosthetics. I sort of wonder if anyone on her makeup team or the prosthetic artist themselves warned her of this, because I find it hard to believe nobody would've told her this wasn't really a safe idea.

5 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

"LEAK 'MOMMY I THREW UP ON THE PLAYGROUND' NOW!!"

what even is this??? :eartha2:

4 hours ago, Salem said:

It's been so overplayed that I just cannot stand it anymore. I used to find it cute but tiktok ruined it because any time you're stuck hearing the same part of a song over and over often many times within a day for several weeks it reaches a point it starts to drive you crazy. 

this is what i have a problem with whenever any song goes viral - especially on tiktok. it drives me crazy to the point of wanting to delete the artist as a whole from my library

thankfully, i stick to instagram so idk what truly trends on tiktok.

4 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

the fact that moon cycle will get a music video and endless tour performances but needle and thread or fingers crossed won’t :rip: 

n&t is a breakup song imo :toofloppy:

so pretty much i thing this because of certain lyrics (cant believe i fell for turning all the screws, never really worked it always wouldnt do) (gonna wanna patch it) (covering the blood on his hands) to me it seems like arts and crafts but she couldnt fix him and ending up obsessing over him ig idrk

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

29 minutes ago, NYMPHOLOGY said:

n&t is a breakup song imo :toofloppy:

so pretty much i thing this because of certain lyrics (cant believe i fell for turning all the screws, never really worked it always wouldnt do) (gonna wanna patch it) (covering the blood on his hands) to me it seems like arts and crafts but she couldnt fix him and ending up obsessing over him ig idrk

No that's what it is :true:

I'm a little late, but Portal is such a good album! Clearly above K-12, too generic and cluttered, here we have a nice musical consistency with a pop rock touch of the 90/00's. Nice disc with good production quality. Glad you enjoyed it. :wub:

Melanie is good at bringing her creations to life with originality, personality and a lot of perfectionism. Passionate artist it becomes rare.

Only downside is her costume, I don't understand how she could have become a fairy after CB, but it's her story I guess.  

11 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

the fact that moon cycle will get a music video and endless tour performances but needle and thread or fingers crossed won’t :rip: 

the fact moon cycle will get both a music video and a spot in the film but sirens probably won't

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

2 hours ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I'm a little late, but Portal is such a good album! Clearly above K-12, too generic and cluttered, here we have a nice musical consistency with a pop rock touch of the 90/00's. Nice disc with good production quality. Glad you enjoyed it. :wub:

Melanie is good at bringing her creations to life with originality, personality and a lot of perfectionism. Passionate artist it becomes rare.

Only downside is her costume, I don't understand how she could have become a fairy after CB, but it's her story I guess.  

1. CB is an empath. the lady with the doorway during Nurses Office and the end of K-12 film is an empath too. she said empaths have many lives.

2. CB died and is not reborn as this faerie.