Jack

Melanie Martinez

Carousel fit more with the album than Dollhouse. And Dollhouse (although a great first and lead single) feels dated and out of place on a full length album. If she would've done an updated version with new elements in production or something to make it less dense then I could've liked it more.

I think that's just you. Although I do agree with Dollhouse feeling dated. Carousel seemed more out of place than anything. I guess kids do play on Carousels but little girls play with dollhouses wayy more often.

Tbh I hate the bonus tracks and after hearing them I don't feel too annoyed about them not being on a CD. Pacify Her I don't really like, and Alphabet Boy I pretty much hate. Training Wheels is okayish. Dollhouse feels dated but Carousel doesn't for me? Even though it doesn't fit the theme of the album. I won't fault Cry Baby for being repetitive, because I actually find most of the songs repetitive. Overall I like the album though.

Nothing scares me anymore.

I think that's just you. Although I do agree with Dollhouse feeling dated. Carousel seemed more out of place than anything. I guess kids do play on Carousels but little girls play with dollhouses wayy more often.

A little girl murdering a kidnapper fit the album more than the first time she fell in love? Okay :eartha:

Do you even have Ears?

Mad Hatter sounds way too tame in comparison to the live version. And just sounds like a weak closer to such a varied and energetic album.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I'm tired of all this hate for Mad Hatter! Like didnt you guys learn not to overplay live performances of new songs back in 2012 from Body Electric!!! Or in 2014 when we had London Queen almost a whole year before the album version!!!

I literally listened to the live performance twice so that's not the reason I hate it.

Carousel fit more with the album than Dollhouse. And Dollhouse (although a great first and lead single) feels dated and out of place on a full length album. If she would've done an updated version with new elements in production or something to make it less dense then I could've liked it more.

I really don't know why Dollhouse and Carousel were even on the album. Every time they come on when I am listening to the album, I immediately skip them because I have listened to them a ridiculous amount of times and I'm sick of them now.

Mad Hatter sounds way too tame in comparison to the live version. And just sounds like a weak closer to such a varied and energetic album.

this is exactly my point! she goes OFF in the live version and it's just meh on the album.

Another thing I'm not here for is the Pacify Her hate. Pacify Her is literally one of the best on the album

FzytWEW.png

I literally listened to the live performance twice so that's not the reason I hate it.

I really don't know why Dollhouse and Carousel were even on the album. Every time they come on when I am listening to the album, I immediately skip them because I have listened to them a ridiculous amount of times and I'm sick of them now.

this is exactly my point! she goes OFF in the live version and it's just meh on the album.

Another thing I'm not here for is the Pacify Her hate. Pacify Her is literally one of the best on the album

I do like Pacify Her but it's the case where she put so much energy into the live version and this just seems dead.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

#justice4madhatter

I love Mad Hatter, personally. And maybe I'm not annoyed by the inclusion of Dollhouse and Carousel because I'm a big fat flop who discovered Melanie like only a month ago :rip:

MkWI4Ns.png

omg

lINLr3H.png

Didn't you read the interview with noisey  :facepalm:

"Me and Jeremy used lots of alliteration in that song for all the verses. We wanted to go in order of the alphabet. So the verse lyrics are 'Always aiming paper airplanes at me when you're around / You build me up like building blocks just so you can break me down / You can crush my candy cane but you'll never catch me cry / If you dangle that diploma and I dead you don't be surprised.' "

9ISvyf0.gif