Jack

Melanie Martinez

I'm just saying, Cry Baby had no reason to get pressed over Johnny not showing up at her birthday party, when she mailed out all her invitations as 1 package with no stamps or addresses, and it was kinda a dumb idea that not showing up at the party = immediately broken up. Its not that deep smh

#JusticeForJohnny, he was good to her and got forgotten over a invite he wouldnt have ever received  :poordat:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

Worst song on Cry Baby: Teddy Bear.  It's pure shit.

Sis that's deluxe I don't even count it tbh.

But I love it.

All the 3 deluxe songs are A+.

Mrs Potato Head is lyrically one of her best songs in general, and she knows it. Mad Hatter also bops and we've stanned it since she first performed it on the Dollhouse tour. Pacify Her and Pity Party didnt age well and, while the former didnt add much to the story in general, the latter was kind of a lazy end to the Johnny arc and it could have been closed with a different song  :hooker:

WRONG.

Mrs Potato Head was cute in 2015. It's a good metaphor but the lyrics itself were really ew. She was totally emotional over it because it goes out the narrative, but stuff like Bombs on Monday & Night Mime (and even Training Wheels) also could have that spot and sound way more "well-done" without the tumblr-lyrics.

Pity Party is a legendary use of Sample and the best song (production wise) on the record for me. It's really, perfectly crafted. It's really Pop but at same time it's so desperate, the way it keeps on growing til the last chorus hit with the amazing synths\strings in the back. Ugh, truly iconic. It's also one of the few songs that go into her "child zone" but it's still solid without the whole "child concept" (does it make sense? idk, but it's GOOD).

Mad Hatter was just ugly back in 2015 and it's still ugly. Live was great but the studio was... bittersweet. Pacify Her is just that BITCH. It's so stupid but also good. My second fav production, after Pity Party. But this one is just soooooooo simple but well done.

But that's just me hahahahahah