Jack

Melanie Martinez

I agree! High School Sweethearts was just shoved in there. Like why? The movie, while it was good, was messy and seemed almost rushed. She could of tried and made the songs fit into the story but nope a few of them were just a completely different scene with no context.

Also I for sure thought: ok this is gonna be something with the dude that has a crush on her and she's gonna reject him at first or something, because he doesnt meet the requirements. What a missed opportunity

I feel like shes a little....one note?

I loved Cry Baby, but hearing this new album all i’m getting is Crybaby 2.0 with weaker hooks and melodies. Plus shes still dressing like a baby ect i dunno, it all feels a little 5 years ago and theres no evolution in any way, there isn’t anything that showcases anything interesting creative wise....

It would've made more sense to have just separate music videos being that school is very "episodic." That's what ended up happening anyway being that this just felt like a bunch of them edited together with some meh acting in between them. She should've concentrated on making the plot of each music video better instead of a whole movie plot (that ended up not even really being there). Anyway, the visuals were cute. Hopefully whatever is next is better and not out in 2023.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Also I for sure thought: ok this is gonna be something with the dude that has a crush on her and she's gonna reject him at first or something, because he doesnt meet the requirements. What a missed opportunity

Exactly!

That black eye power was...annoying. Like a lot of the problems in the story were just fixed by the pOWEr and it got boring fast! I'd love it if she realised in the end she had the power to manipulate people/things to do whatever she wants and she set the whole school on fire (Almost like Carrie but none of the students die, only the nurses/teachers) rather than a spit bubble? Also there seems to be quite a few plot holes as well, why was Kelly's friend group wearing those awful wigs halfway through the movie? What happened to Brandon? Did Kelly get out of the school? There's a few more but can I be assed to list them? No.

Furthermore that ending is something. Seems like crybaby is coming back once again *sigh*

dNvtmdN.png

The stenography is beautiful and doesn’t look cheap, the songs are actually better in the movie setting and I’m glad she cut off some part of the external noise

The dialogues are really bad tho and while I’m glad there was trans and black rep/activism it looks pointless and out of nowhere

I wish she had taken a bunch of songs off and maybe make it more musical like and less mv like so that there’s an actual storyline carrying the whole thing which as of now there really isn’t tbh

Exactly!

That black eye power was...annoying. Like a lot of the problems in the story were just fixed by the pOWEr and it got boring fast! I'd love it if she realised in the end she had the power to manipulate people/things to do whatever she wants and she set the whole school on fire (Almost like Carrie but none of the students die, only the nurses/teachers) rather than a spit bubble? Also there seems to be quite a few plot holes as well, why was Kelly's friend group wearing those awful wigs halfway through the movie? What happened to Brandon? Did Kelly get out of the school? There's a few more but can I be assed to list them? No.

Furthermore that ending is something. Seems like crybaby is coming back once again *sigh*

She literally said in the movie that burning the school was cliche af lol. She was afraid to use her powers during the whole movie bc she wasnt feeling confident enough + even called her mother.

I liked the very upfront statements about her fans and music industry in Show and Tell, Recess and Lunchbox Friends. Also the fact that most was done by her and that she casted black and transgender people.

Buuuuuuuuut the naive script. editing, and the corny ass songs though :biblio:

The metaphors werent helping either. The whole movie seems to me like she just wrote a bunch of songs about school and then wrote a script based on those songs she picked

Also the references to Stranger Things and Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events   :biblio:  :biblio:  :biblio:  :biblio:  :biblio:  :biblio:  :biblio:

She literally said in the movie that burning the school was cliche af lol. She was afraid to use her powers during the whole movie bc she wasnt feeling confident enough + even called her mother.

It's cliche i'll give it that but it's better than a giant spit bubble imo.

Even if she was afraid she still used them quite a lot in the movie, plus she didn't WANT to call her mother. It wasn't until Angelita brought up the idea to call her mother even then she didn't feel like calling her because she wouldn't pick up. 

dNvtmdN.png

Exactly!

I agree. See thats the problem when you dont have an experient person writing the script. Things in the plot get disposable fast

um i bought the explicit album on itunes and Nurse's Office is censored why... like i know she curses a ton on this album but why censor "bitch" & "ass" but not all the variations of "fuck" on the album :rip:

Welp, I guess I'll stick to the cd-rip.

自由になる自由がある

Fire Drill is one of my favourites and it's not even on the album  :defeated:

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡