Jack

Melanie Martinez

27 minutes ago, Tulips said:

This is so weird lol the lyrics in the video are still a bit off but they still got most of it right

This YouTube account did lots of fake leaks back in 2017, I'm shocked they had real Psycho Lovers lyrics

Was  thinking the same thing... i would be shocked if he had it for this long, cause its too spot one to be a random lyrics he came up with or heard it somewhere.

TBH wouldn't be shocked if there's 2 versions ... like we got the rough demo, and there is more of a "finished version"

52 minutes ago, Tulips said:

Psycho Lovers is still really amazing, Melanie snapped but I'm still waiting for the HQ to leak

yeah i feel like it’s a really good song, it’s so cinematic and it’s very sad we can’t fully enjoy it because of the bad quality. :crai:

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I'm so glad the K-12 instrumentals came through. I can hear the art of it, hear the vintage toy sounds she went on about that I couldn't hear through the vocals. All except Nurses office (which makes me physically sick from the coughing) hold up very well and have more complexity than I originally thought. Sometimes it does sound like lounge or elevator music, like Lunchbox friends, but I can get around it as some sort of lofi haha. 

So I think my problem with the album remains with the lyrics mostly. 

20 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I'm so glad the K-12 instrumentals came through. I can hear the art of it, hear the vintage toy sounds she went on about that I couldn't hear through the vocals. All except Nurses office (which makes me physically sick from the coughing) hold up very well and have more complexity than I originally thought. Sometimes it does sound like lounge or elevator music, like Lunchbox friends, but I can get around it as some sort of lofi haha. 

So I think my problem with the album remains with the lyrics mostly. 

Haha, you practically spoke my mind. I hate Nurse's Office too, it makes me sick. And the production for the album is great, but most of the lyrics suck imo. Specifically, Wheels on the Bus.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

13 hours ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

Was  thinking the same thing... i would be shocked if he had it for this long, cause its too spot one to be a random lyrics he came up with or heard it somewhere.

TBH wouldn't be shocked if there's 2 versions ... like we got the rough demo, and there is more of a "finished version"

Theirs a finished version yes, same vocals and a slightly more polished instrumental without the off sounding beats, no xylophone And quieter instrumental/strings lmao 

Anyone else getting nostalgic about the K-12 release now that it's been a year? 

It's taken me a while year to appreciate this album fully. I've been trying to make outifts of K-12 on animal crossing new horizons. Some people have done the uniform already which is great, but the others are so complex, I've been failing. 

However, I've managed to do Carousel and the first dress in Mad Hatter.

8 hours ago, cool3dworld said:

I’m just telling you information? Y’all are just bullies lol

Sis don't even waste your time replying to these people ... you were the first person to leak a snippet, so you clearly know some stuff about the song that we have yet to find out.
People are just bitter they don't have it too.

I find it so funny to go back on this thread and seeing people be like "why are these leakers so greedy? why can't they just give us the song, they are music hoarders" ... like, they have no idea of how hard is to get an exclusive leak, especially rare ones so that they can trade, leaking to the general public is just not valuable for them, this a whole ass black market type of deal.

9 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Anyone else getting nostalgic about the K-12 release now that it's been a year? 

It's taken me a while year to appreciate this album fully.

I really don't get all the "hate" the album gets, like... I get it it took like 4 years to be out and some interviews Melanie did made some of us create high expectations.
But at the same time, like she worked her ass off to make the best of what she could, since she is not an A-lister artist inside Atlantic records, so they cut a lot of her budget, and therefore she had to cut a lot of things from her vision. + there's a lot of things I'm sure, that she left open on purpose so that she could explore more and answers in the next 2 movies/albums.

K-12 quickly became my most-streamed album ever on last.fm, cause I was so excited to hear it ... and I still do it, almost every day.
Do I find the production a bit repetitive and sometimes overwhelming? Yes, but then I think of the visuals in the movie and it all makes sense, the tracks fit so much better that way, they did a lot of sound-producing together, just so that the tracks would blend into the scenes even more ... like the swipers on "Wheels On The Bus", or the ruler snaping on the table at "Class Fight", and so on.

But I'm not gonna be an ass sucker and pretend everything was perfect, cause there is a bunch of things she promised and could've kept it, and she just didn't do it... Like the Trump pun, or more dialogues scenes to blend everything together.
She was already there and could've shot it, either way, it's not like she had to build a whole set or create more costumes ... like there is no transition to "Strawberry Shortcake" and the dance from "High School Sweethearts" makes no sense in the movie (not complaining by the dance itself, the aesthetics and her ass out, gives me everything). 

10 hours ago, cool3dworld said:

Theirs a finished version yes, same vocals and a slightly more polished instrumental without the off sounding beats, no xylophone And quieter instrumental/strings lmao 

Isn't that literally just the unedited leaked version

Always aiming paper airplanes