Jack

Melanie Martinez

3 hours ago, Tulips said:

Notebook is so shady lmao I wonder who she's singing about 

Michael girl ... she wrote it right after they broke up, and are still friends.
he posted a notepad to his Instagram story about how one needs to grow... he already excuse himself from being a "bad" lover haha

4 minutes ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

Michael girl ... she wrote it right after they broke up, and are still friends.

We don't know when they broke up though! also I know they're still friends/on good terms so I don't think she would diss him like that

2 hours ago, callmedecember said:

so the ep is not related to the cry baby universe, right?

yep, these are songs more personal to her rather than adding anything to the Cry Baby storyline

loving this new ep! it definitely feels more personal, which i really like. i've been a stan since 2015 and seeing her visually and lyrically evolve is very inspiring :flutter: my favs are notebook, field trip and numbers

I love Brain & Heart so much omg. Some parts sound too much like Piggyback lmao, but it's so sad yet sounds so lovely. 

It makes me feel so lonely. I'm a fucking sucker for that shit. I think this could make it into my top Melanie songs and I really have no explanation why. 

Her vocals sound really different in many places of these tracks. I really like it. It sounds more raw and natural to her tbh, even if I'll always want to sing the CB tracks more. 

I really did not see ANY of this coming. So she really did well. She nailed the Astrology references in Field Trip. And it makes lot of sense. I'm sorry Lana but you can't top that. DAMN.

She's actually sounding a LOT like Jazmin Bean who she's toured with before??? Or something? Before Jazmin said Mel wasn't really nice to her haha aw. Its good cause Jazmin has been filling that void for me, as I'd hoped Mel was coming in this kind of direction. It's a shame they didn't become friends.