Jack

Melanie Martinez

I definitely like this EP more than K-12 cause there are no songs that have these endless repetitions of some phrase and overall the lyrics are better imo 

also no filler „fuck“ all the time

I think the way she starts writing a song by basing it off a title or word is limiting her. I don’t know if she did that for this EP but hopefully in future music we get more robust writing. Nonetheless the EP was nice and less ridged than K12 

On 8/8/2019 at 11:40 AM, TrashMagiq said:

This thread is so funny djdjfj every post is just like “Ugh Notebook is such a serve” “Does anyone have the link to the Pencil Case snippet?” “Magic Marker’s already the best song!”

this is what i mean with that her song titles are corny n forced sdhfhg it's like she became a parody of herself

qfrWuBl.png

But honestly idc if her song titles can be ''predictable'', if the song is good then I'll like it

And also I don't think her doing this ''making the title and then the song'' this is limiting her, I think it's always been creative how she writes down a ton of song titles, and sees which one fits what type of song she wants to make, and then makes it. She used this for Cry Baby and K-12 and probably After School tbh

I think the one thing I don't really like at all from this EP is the cover. So I decided to make these two and share them with y'all. By the rest, I'm really vibing to these songs. I'm on my third listen today, and it's pretty good tbh :smile3:

melanie-martinez-after-school.png

melanie-martinez-after-school-v2.png

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Field Trip chorus is stuck in my head:oic2: I love when she raps

Tryna bring the mystical into the material, Bitch, I'm in an 11 life path, I'm ethereal

d98de3254d639561d024f9cd60a2fec2.gif

I'm the definition of dichotomy, duality

Katarina in the womb for 9 months til she birthed me

12a75d5aa37e1b81659d3770e339a0dfbfb8fdfd

5 hours ago, Tulips said:

I honestly don't hear any differences between this and the released version, I'm assuming this is fake

Some elements from the song are missing and it doesn't sound mastered or mixed as well as the final version. It could be a stem edit I guess

1 hour ago, Coney Island King said:

The EP is ok. I like Numbers, The Bakery and does she sample J.Lo’s If you Had My Love on the chorus of Brains and Heart?

I also learnt today that she sleeps in a crib? lol guuurl...

yes, it's credited

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 hour ago, Danny Milk said:

Guys, what does the song Field Trip mean?

From her insta: 

“Field Trip is a more personal song about some of the intricacies of who I am as a human. Being an empath, a life path 11 (bridge between the divine and the material) The duality of my Triple Taurus and triple Scorpio placements. The contrast between what my mother was going to name me when I was in the womb ( katarina- pure light) and what she ended up naming me the minute I was born (Melanie - darkness) and also a reminder that whatever imaginary box people put me in I will always find a way out. (Empress Energy)”

giphy.gif