Jack

Melanie Martinez

7 hours ago, veinsineon said:

Hope after school is her last DDLG-esque project for a minute. It’s completely drained her creativity :biblio:

Not 100% sure what you mean by that but no, it seems like the next project may be focused on horoscopes and angels from what she's been teasing lately

I demand 'Field Trip' to be recognised not only as one of the standout tracks from the EP but also a gem on her whole discography! The way she snapped so hard here

"You said 'blanquitas' feel more Latina than you, 'ahora lo entiendes'"

fd7a7b729895e1632539e3d39f83bf34.gif

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

18 minutes ago, Loreen said:

I demand 'Field Trip' to be recognised not only as one of the standout tracks from the EP but also a gem on her whole discography! The way she snapped so hard here

"You said 'blanquitas' feel more Latina than you, 'ahora lo entiendes'"

fd7a7b729895e1632539e3d39f83bf34.gif

Agreed

Also the way I can hear this gif 

Time for some K-12/After school appreciation bc im over being ungrateful

• Detention and Highschool Sweethearts are my favourite dance music videos ever. Yes, she did that. 
  • Highschool Sweethearts and Strawberry Shortcake are in her best songs. Maybe i just have this opinion because i think they go so well with Cake, which was one of her most underrated. 
  • All the After School EP songs add something unique to her discography. I like all the songs for real and with every listen I like them more. 
  • Brain & Heart is now my favourite song from her entire discography. It has already helped me make an important decision in my life. I couldn't ever ask for more from an artist tbh
  • The Bakery might actually help some people who are working in a bakery right now because I also know stories of people who have had the shittest hardest time working in one. I don't know why those places can just be so awful and stressful, putting so much pressure on young workers to get out of their social comfort zone while still acting robotic like??? 
  • Despite what some people think, I think her aesthetic has definitely evolved. It's actually quite sophisticated, ethereal and luscious now. Crybaby aesthetic, and especially K-12 aesthetic, seem sort of rigid in comparison to what she has now. Yet she has let those old aesthetics grow, not just thrown them out. 

She really lost her ability to write good melodies. Cry Baby had amazing melodies that would be stuck in my mind 24/7. Her vocals on the new ep are amazing, but the melodies just sound basic. Did she make any effort matching the lyrics with the melody?

20 minutes ago, glitch diva said:

She really lost her ability to write good melodies. Cry Baby had amazing melodies that would be stuck in my mind 24/7. Her vocals on the new ep are amazing, but the melodies just sound basic. Did she make any effort matching the lyrics with the melody?

Idk about you guys but Test Me and Glued have been stuck in my mind all week

I love the after school melodies! But I could see how people wouldn’t be a fan of them. 

Also it’s annoying (imo) when people complain about people having negative opinions, I’ve seen it so much here lately. It’s a discussion board, like it’s literally meant for all opinions people aren’t annoying as fuck for stating theirs. The people complaining about the complaining are actually the annoying ones but whatever :crossed: