Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, 5adboy said:

Wait but why does she care about streams so much? You’re an alternative artist sis... just give us the visuals :crossed:

cause streaming gives you money and you need money to make the visuals.....anyway

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

2 hours ago, 5adboy said:

Wait but why does she care about streams so much? You’re an alternative artist sis... just give us the visuals :crossed:

Well how is she gonna get money for it, the label needs to see if they will profit from shooting and releasing a video by determining if there is enough hype behind the song and if visuals can boost sales and streams. Then they will fund it. Don't tell me you think she pays for all of this herself.

2 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Does the After School track list order have any significance? 

Cry baby and K-12 had a specific order for the storytelling, which I always appreciate. But with this EP it's nothing I can pick up right away.

Doubt it, every song seems to be self-contained 

I really hope she finds a new producer. I’ve always liked her and LOVED Crybaby but her music has lost its color. Her vocals are great and I don’t even mind the repetitive themes, I just can’t get into these bland instrumentals she’s been serving since K-12

53 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Baby, children, whatever...it’s getting tiresome 

But I still don't get how this EP is children or baby themed. Like aside from 2 school themed song titles and the EP title I guess, the EP is grown up and mature in lyrics and production. She said herself that the songs are about Melanie herself instead of the Cry Baby character.

25 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Baby, children, whatever...it’s getting tiresome 

The only thing related to that on this EP is the title and the cover artwork. The song's themselves, lyrically, are very mature and personal to Melanie. It's also very disrespectful of you to tell an artist they should stop doing something that inspires them and makes them happy all for your liking. I understand if you don't like it, that your opinion and that's okay, but Melanie can do as she wants. This is who she is and the art and music she wants to make. If you can't accept that then please find someone else's music to complain about because it's obvious Melanie isn't worth your time. Much love x.

people see some pastel colors and assume it's a baby aesthetic lmao she's basically a stripper in the bakery music video 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Test Me is definitely my favorite song on the EP, i’m pleasantly surprised with how much i like it as a whole, also i really want to like numbers but something about her voice or the filter they used makes it sound like she’s struggling to sing and i can’t stop hearing it idk

9ISvyf0.gif

4 hours ago, xmooncandyx said:

The only thing related to that on this EP is the title and the cover artwork. The song's themselves, lyrically, are very mature and personal to Melanie. It's also very disrespectful of you to tell an artist they should stop doing something that inspires them and makes them happy all for your liking. I understand if you don't like it, that your opinion and that's okay, but Melanie can do as she wants. This is who she is and the art and music she wants to make. If you can't accept that then please find someone else's music to complain about because it's obvious Melanie isn't worth your time. Much love x.

Not sure what you are on about in regard to ‘disrespectful’ I can have an opinion on what direction I’d like to see an artist go. Plenty have options on what Lana should be doing so I’m not saying anything unusual. You are taking it too personally I think!

I understand her music has adult messages within the lyrics. But whatever you class her style as, childish, babyish or schools etc. I’d like to see her move away from it eventually, she need to evolve to some degree.  She can still have vintage themes.   

no need for ya’ll to get on my ass and get so sensitive  :defeated:

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

7 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Not sure what you are on about in regard to ‘disrespectful’ I can have an opinion on what direction I’d like to see an artist go. Plenty have options on what Lana should be doing so I’m not saying anything unusual. You are taking it too personally I think! I understand her music has adult messages within the lyrics. But whatever you class her style as, childish, babyish or schools etc. I’d like to see her move away from it eventually, she need to evolve to some degree.  She can still have vintage themes.  no need for ya’ll to get on my ass and get so sensitive  :defeated:

Ok girl but you still haven't explained what's so ''childish'' and ''baby-themed'' about this EP

I mean at this point it's just something integrated to her image. For good or for Bad. I didn't listen to it and just by the title plus cover yeah you assume it's just more of the same. It's a bit tiring. It's ~"her brand". And I don't think she's really willing to change it too.