Jack

Melanie Martinez

I definitely agree that the production is still not very exciting, but the lyrics and vocal delivery are totally there so I have hope. The production might even be less interesting than K-12 but I wasn't expecting a full return so I guess I'm okay with it. 

Anyway I've forgiven the long wait from album 1 to 2 :blush2:

3 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Not sure what you are on about in regard to ‘disrespectful’ I can have an opinion on what direction I’d like to see an artist go. Plenty have options on what Lana should be doing so I’m not saying anything unusual. You are taking it too personally I think!

I understand her music has adult messages within the lyrics. But whatever you class her style as, childish, babyish or schools etc. I’d like to see her move away from it eventually, she need to evolve to some degree.  She can still have vintage themes.   

no need for ya’ll to get on my ass and get so sensitive  :defeated:

Regardless what it is, I think she's definitely moving away from the childish component of it and I'm so here for it. 

I think she'll always have a vintage and very feminine style and I do think lots of people see frilly dresses and think "oh dolly clothes, that's childish" when it's not? That's not what you were saying, I know, but some people actually do have an understanding that limited. 

I can't wait to see how the themes evolve most of all. I didn't see anything so childish that it was controversial in this EP so she's getting there :teehee:

I've already been getting some lyrics wrong

Brain & Heart:

and you had no power start on Monday / and you had no power start or no data base

Only a shell remains / Only your shell remains

Push my hand up to my chest / push my head into my chest

Field trip:

We're just dust, energies / we're just us, energy

while I stand up to your being / while I send love to your being 

Ok all sounds good now :toofunny:

I'll try to stop spamming this thread

On 9/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, Venice Bitches said:

Idk about you guys but Test Me and Glued have been stuck in my mind all week

I have The Bakery melodies stuck in my mind all week. It could've been her best work if she put more decent effort on the melodies. Brain & Heart could've been amazing due the sample, but everything feels wrong idk.

On 9/30/2020 at 3:06 AM, new gods said:

tbh she’s one of the more successful alt pop artists idk about her streaming numbers but her music videos and official audios get great views

Omg I noticed this too. Her stuff on YouTube gets so many views but I don't believe her songs do well on charts. Maybe it's cause she has a younger fanbase that can't buy music.

DapperSkeletalBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake

How have Y'all arranged your K-12 Deluxe? My playlist is currently:

Wheels On the Bus

Class Fight

The Principal

Test Me

Show & Tell

Numbers

Nurse's Office

Copy Cat

Drama Club

Strawberry Shortcake

Lunchbox Friends

Orange Juice

Detention

Teacher's Pet

Brain & Heart

Notebook

High School Sweethearts

Glued

Recess

Field Trip

Fire Drill

The Bakery

Am open to suggestions of tweaks pls!

Just now, Tulips said:

I have K-12 and After School - EP as seperate in my library, I get that After School is the b-side/deluxe tracks of K-12 but I see both projects as different ones (even though I love both)

Totally agree, was just experimenting with a playlist for it as a complete package 

8 minutes ago, cool3dworld said:

Anyone else realise the metaphor in The Bakery is actually prostitution ? Listen to it with that in mind and it's an entirely different experience, and actually makes sense lol 

Huh :rip:

The song is literally just about her getting fired at a bakery which was an experience she went through in real life

7 minutes ago, cool3dworld said:

Anyone else realise the metaphor in The Bakery is actually prostitution ? Listen to it with that in mind and it's an entirely different experience, and actually makes sense lol 

i don’t think the song has a deeper meaning than just her literally working at a bakery when she was a teenager and getting fired 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

35 minutes ago, Tulips said:

Ok but these people still haven't explained where is the baby/kindergarten/pre school themes in After School EP.. like I am still failing to see it 

other than the titles and the name of the ep, there's nothing related to the baby themes.

it's just irrational hate now. if you listened to the songs you would know that even if they seem related to school/baby stuff they're clearly not.

i mean, notebook is about a breakup where she asks her ex boyfriend to write rules on his notebook to do better, i don't think notebooks are only child related.

test me clearly isn't about school exams, but about being tested by the challenges of life 

brain & heart isn't even a baby related title and it's a song about a relationship between the two

numbers is about being considered just a number (like the numbers on the music charts) in the industry by major labels

glued, field trip, the bakery have nothing to do with children aesthetics or metaphors

so maybe listen to the music before assuming things, it's not like i don't tolerate the hate or that i think everybody should like melanie, but if you have to criticize something at least do it with some brain and be constructive, end of the rant.

stream after school ep.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever