Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, Coloringbooks said:

The alleged Tag, You're It flashback song is fanon. That was a completely unrelated rumour someone added to Melanie's Wiki page in 2017, which never had any actual basis to it.

Maybe I’m totally wrong but didn’t she mention the Tag Your It flashback in an interview? the same she mentions a Donald Trump reference in one of the new characters? idk

Just now, Anonymcomenter said:

Maybe I’m totally wrong but didn’t she mention the Tag Your It flashback in an interview? the same she mentions a Donald Trump reference in one of the new characters? idk

I believe someone here said that they found zero evidence of that interview?

12 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Melanie was rumoured to have confirmed the existence of a "TYI flashback song" on K-12, although I'm pretty confident she never actually did. There's no online mentions of it anywhere until after a random account with very few edits added it to the MM2 Wiki page (with no source).

Me and some friends from Discord were also discussing this awhile back and going through her old interviews from 2016–17, the ones where she talks about The Principal and Recess are easy to find - but this one exists nowhere. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Just now, Coloringbooks said:

Melanie was rumoured to have confirmed a "TYI flashback song" on K-12, although I'm pretty confident she never actually did. There's no online mentions of it anywhere until after a random account with very few edits added it to the MM2 Wiki page (with no source). Also, some friends & I from Discord were going through her old interviews from 2016–17 and the ones where she talks about The Principal and Recess are easy to find - but this one exists nowhere. 

okay! Good to know… as we all know some Crybabies crave attention so bad they will make up anything… sad :bebe:

At this point… I even imagine her delaying the whole thing before anything blows up! We know she enjoys torturing us :true:

can she already confirm Garden and Dragons Blood please?? It’s my only hope for this messy rollout, I’m not even asking for a snippet, just give us the tracklist and get over with this 

I even think that would be a smarter move, leaving the best tracks for the reveal 

8 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I'm not seeing any news of an egg on Twitter tho idk how else to search other than "Melanie Martinez egg"

That one stan account seems to always post about eggs so I check theirs: melaniessource_

Edited by sadness is a butterfly
Misspelled their account

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

That one stan account seems to always post about eggs so I check theirs: melaniesource_

The search tells me "melaniesource_" does not exist :sadcore4:

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Misspelled their account

:thumb3:

not really a whole lot to add. but i do remember years and years ago during the making of k-12 her saying there was a song that was a call back to tyi. maybe i read some made up thing but i do remember reading about it before the album.

12 minutes ago, ImNoAngel said:

not really a whole lot to add. but i do remember years and years ago during the making of k-12 her saying there was a song that was a call back to tyi. maybe i read some made up thing but i do remember reading about it before the album.

You probably read it on the Wiki page, I did too. If anyone can link/find where she actually said that it'd be very appreciated, but otherwise I'm concluding it fake just like the "Tag, You're It replaced Jumprope!"/"Soap replaced Haunted!" sort of stuff that still gets spread around without any credibility (mainly due to people adding fake stuff to the Wiki)

There's also no direct references or callbacks to TYI in Erase Her, only a somewhat similar theme 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

26 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I'm concluding it fake just like the "Tag, You're It replaced Jumprope!"/"Soap replaced Haunted!" sort of stuff that still gets spread around without any credibility (mainly due to people adding fake stuff to the Wiki)

I swear I read abt that back in 2015/16 on the wiki and those songs (plus Half Hearted instead of Play Date) were revealed as titles on a 06/2015 tracklist posted accidentally on a preorder or something. Looking back I assume that was just a fan who knew titles of CJ Baran produced songs or something