Jack

Melanie Martinez

5 minutes ago, ImNoAngel said:

I've been thinking about the running and door at the end of death. obviously cry baby went through the portal since the album is called portals. but i think she hesitated to long and everyone decided to go. so when she finally walked through maybe it sent her somewhere else. and thats her running to another door to try and follow everyone else. maybe the first portal killed her and everyone else but sent them somewhere different. idk i'm just so curious about the movie and story. i need to know. 

Yeah, the song doesn't exactly make sense for her to have already gone through the door, and VOID being track 2 makes me think that's when she goes through instead.

So what I wondered is, if that's true, did she hesitate and stay behind long enough to begin dying in her human body, and ran to the portal as a last ditch effort to be saved? Or to find the next place, where all of her friends went? I think that's a slightly more interesting idea than immediately starting the album in her next life.

Now that we've got a good idea of what the album is going to sound like and have heard full songs, I'm way more excited again. This is going to be the first album of hers that I can really enjoy as an adult. And even if there are a few skips for me, it's clearly not going to be anything like K-12, where I listened once and immediately moved on.

The funniest thing for me is the fact that some of the snippets I liked the least have already ended up being some of my favorite tracks after she performed them live this weekend. EVIL especially. Totally different rhythm and sound than I expected from the snippet.

I think if some people give her a chance, she could bring in a lot of new fans with this sound. I have seen folks lamenting the dryness of Miley’s new record, and I think this sort of rock pop sound that Mel is doing could appeal to that fan base, if she can find them. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Just now, sadness is a butterfly said:

I think if some people give her a chance, she could bring in a lot of new fans with this sound. I have seen folks lamenting the dryness of Miley’s new record, and I think this sort of rock pop sound that Mel is doing could appeal to that fan base, if she can find them. 

Definitely. If we're being honest, most of the people that don't like her don't like her because of her sound and the themes she used to use. All of that has changed now. There are already people saying "I've never liked her but this is good" all over socials.

1 minute ago, ButterflyBones said:

Definitely. If we're being honest, most of the people that don't like her don't like her because of her sound and the themes she used to use. All of that has changed now. There are already people saying "I've never liked her but this is good" all over socials.

I posted a link the other day to PopSamCam from TikTok. He loved DEATH, and he put it really well (paraphrasing) “her past work was hard to get into unless you wanted to become a full on fan of hers and learn everything about it” and he also said “K-12 was so loosely produced it sounded like it was going to fall apart at any second”

I’ll lament Needle and Thread one more time…that song was arguably one of the most ‘finished’ sounding songs from the leaks. More than TV, more than FS, way more than Moon Cycle or Leeches. It’s so weird to me that it didn’t get album treatment. Initially I thought it was too different a concept to some of the stuff that went on this album, but really the lyrics on Portals are not very on the nose now that we have seen them, and it actually would have fit just fine lyrically. The production on N&T is also so similar to these album tracks, I just don’t get it. There’s got to be more coming. After her being gone so long, no way we only getting 13 songs right? 

topsters2-2-1.png

13 minutes ago, teacherzpet said:

Not the Midnightsification of Portals 😭 it doesn’t even make a clock :bye:

topsters2-2-1.png

22 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

YEESSS

On 3/20/2023 at 12:28 PM, Andre Lamoglia said:

just noticed void's locked again :um:

there's a record store called SIREN RECORDS :trisha:

can you imagine if she had announced a listening party for there and thats where she debuts the deluxe edition? :trisha:

https://sirenrecords.com/

Edited by The Siren

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

just noticed void's locked again :um:

TV is out though, the thing we thot was nymphosys or whatever tf it is, is the intro to tv

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

Just now, 132 said:

TV is out though, the thing we thot was nymphosys or whatever tf it is, is the intro to tv

i mean wbk that since the TV performance, right?

now people think the Emerald rap is from Nymphology :eek: