Jack

Melanie Martinez

33 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

is that rap actually on the record (if yes, which song?) ?? or is she just doing it for live performances ??

Not known for sure, the Evil track length matches the part after the rap through the end of the song, so guessing it is not part of Evil.

It could be part of Track 11 : Nymphology (the one before Evil) which nothing has been given yet in terms of snippets.

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Just now, Chemtrailslana said:

This isn’t the full song 🥲

Yeah, it's the only video I could find so figured it would be better than nothing while we wait for full uploads. 

i just looked at my last fm and homegirl is gonna reach 10k scrobbles before the end of the year thanks to Portals :paris:

https://www.last.fm/user/Christopher-Roy/library/artists

she's already in my top 5 :paris:

2 hours ago, Yellow said:

Portals is coming to break through into mainstream 

Honestly yes as the songs get played and I like them more and more I'm thinking she could make a lot of noise with this album like she did cry baby if she does it right 

Before anyone comes for me I emphasize could because it's definitely not better then cry baby but it has potential 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

19 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Honestly yes as the songs get played and I like them more and more I'm thinking she could make a lot of noise with this album like she did cry baby if she does it right 

Before anyone comes for me I emphasize could because it's definitely not better then cry baby but it has potential 

In parts it may top Cry Baby. Tunnel Vision and Evil eat half of CB alive. I’m not sure it’s a better complete body of work though. 

Light Shower and Leeches could be the same song. I was thinking it was reworked but it’s the same run time as the demo. :rip:

Lose one of those two, lose Moon Cycle, and lose BOTL because it’s fairly similar to Evil and Void

Add: Needle and Thread, Sirens, and Garden and this album would have destroyed Cry Baby. 

topsters2-2-1.png

I’m really disappointed with Light Shower. It really could have went in hard at the end like “Happier than Ever” (the song) by Billie Eilish. But it felt really one more and a let down after the second verse. 

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

27 minutes ago, iJoshicus said:

I’m really disappointed with Light Shower. It really could have went in hard at the end like “Happier than Ever” (the song) by Billie Eilish. But it felt really one more and a let down after the second verse. 

You’re totally right, that’s a good comparison to what I was hoping for.

topsters2-2-1.png