Jack

Melanie Martinez

This is so random— but whenever the chorus of Light Shower comes on, I'm always reminded of this Curly Cue lyric :creep:

"The lines of your misplaced palms fit perfectly"

"The tips of your teeth fit perfect in me"

Sonically I still stand by it being Hawaii Space Guitar's sister. Very pretty song.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 minute ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Have it all leaked already in HQ?

Pls someone get me updated

We only have voice memos in MP3 320/48

17 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

this album is definitely on her top 3 full lenght studio albums

it’s better than K-12 but doesn’t touch Cry Baby 

a shame because from the leaks it could’ve easily been her best but she wanted to be petty and include rock Oliver Tree diss tracks :rip: 

My thoughts so far: 

Spoiler

DEATH: I liked it on first listen and I think it’s an OK song… nothing special or revolutionary, but serves the purpose as a cute opener! I think it’s better in the context of the album more than as a stand alone single (not much replay value for me) 

VOID: I was really excited for this one after the first snippet, it’s good don’t get me wrong… but I feel I’m missing something with it. Overall a BOP, but I find the original version more interesting thematically! 

TUNNEL VISION: A Bop since day 1! Some of the best if not the best lyrics in the album… the one with most replay value in my opinion

FAERIE SOIREE: Not one of my favourites, I guess it’s interesting and cute with the whole fairy dance theme and beat, but not my particular cup of tea. Otherwise, I can appreciate it for what it is! I won’t seek out this one but it’s not a skip either 

LIGHT SHOWER: Unnecessary long and boring… the instrumental is so plain it could use a beat drop or something! And don’t get me started with the lyrics, the flow is SO OFF I can’t! Reminds me of that atrocious Field Trip chorus… very bad, bottom of the barrel! 0 musicality like I have said before several times! A prime example of Melanies regression as a songwriter, a skip for me.

SPIDER WEB: Serious PTSD from this song… verses are Ok I guess but there is no redemption for that beat drop… just eww no words! Y’all know how much I hate this one. Dragons Blood should have replaced this one.

LEECHES: It’s cute but I don’t get it after already having Light Shower… I personally prefer Leeches, even if I pictured it in the last half of the album… also the theme is overused for her, I’m hoping she drops this victim act cause it’s getting boring.

BATTLE OF THE LARYNX: As a stand-alone song is not that bad… I guess… but I would like it more as an unreleased. Makes 0 sense in the context of the album, thematically is not even close! Also the “rock” sound is getting old! The title is givin Throatzilla/Throat Goat. Not much replay value… should have been replaced by Garden! 

THE CONTORTIONIST: A chill Bop! I really like this one, the practical sounds are cute and give me Show & Tell vibes! Very unique as something I would expect from Melanie. Love the concept of this one and fits the theme of the album

MOON CYCLE: The beat of the song and production is not bad at all, but those lyrics are atrocious… if you can ignore that aspect I think you can enjoy it! At least it fits the theme…

NYMPHOLOGY: This one slaps! I don’t care what everyone else thinks, it’s one of my favourites apart from the leaked stuff! Finally something that is not plain as fuck, I also love the bridge and the slow down after that (that “penis” lyric though… what was she thinking?). Also I’m not sure if the “rap” part belongs to this song, but it gives me mayor Electra Heart vibes! 

EVIL: I actually like this one, from the “rock” songs it’s my favourite for sure! Even if its a little repetitive I like the lyrics and the beat. Not sure if it fits the album theme or sound but It’s good so I won’t skip it! Also that egg cracking sound, I though I would cringe from that but I actually like it.

WOMB: I don’t care much for this one, OK I suppose 

Overall a very all over the place album… and it’s a shame cause it had a looot of potential! From the outtakes to the theme it had what it takes to be AOTY but she decided to scrap the best songs and replace them with mediocre reworks! Also the theme isn’t consistent throughout, Light Shower, BOTL and Womb don’t make any sense… it’s a shame cause she has the potential but she ditched the best material! Also, y’all know I loove long songs but many of these outros/intros feel unnecesary and give away from the actual songs.

For me the best songs are Tunnel Vision, The Contortionist, Nymphology and Evil. everything else… not that interesting. Light Shower, Spider Web and BOTL are the worst by faaar! 

She’s so stuck up in her ideas, she can see anything more than what she has in mind even if it affects the cuality of the project 🥺

Can’t wait to have the official album and replace half of it with the leaks :sass:

So how do you guys “make your own album”? I’m kind of a novice at these things. I’m also really hooked into using Spotify to count my streams in the Stats for Spotify app. I assume I can just make a playlist and add local files to it (obviously the unreleased won’t count in my Stats app, and they wont play over my Alexa device :crossed:)

Also any tips for cleaning up some of the unreleased tracks to improve the quality? I mean they aren’t terrible but obviously not as good as the final album tracks. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Portals:

1.     Death                        5:06        (Album version)

2.     Barely Juice             3:50       (Extended fanmade)

3.     Nymphology            5:28

4.     Tunnel Vision           4:44       (Album version)

5.     Faerie Soiree            2:43       (Album version)

6.     Dragons Blood         3:33

7.     Leeches                    5:08       (+Hawaii Space Guitar)

8.     Moon Cycle              2:32       (Album version)

9.     Garden                      3:55

10.   Needle & Thread     3:40

11.   The Contortionist    4:11      (Extended)

12.   Evil                             4:06

13.   Void                           2:57       (Original version)

14.   Puzzles                     4:02

15.   Spider Web               3:06

16.   Womb                        3:30

imma play this :crossed: AOTY of the year in my head, multiple Grammys won! 

4 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Portals:

1.     Death

2.     Nymphology

3.     Barely Juice

4.     Tunnel Vision

5.     Faerie Soiree

6.     Dragons Blood

7.     Leeches

8.     Moon Cycle

9.     Garden

10.   Needle & Thread

11.   The Contortionist 

12.   Evil

13.   Void

14.   Puzzles

15.   Spider Web

16.   Corpse

Tyr45v2_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 hour ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Portals:

1.     Death                        5:06        (Album version)

2.     Barely Juice             3:50       (Extended fanmade)

3.     Nymphology            5:28

4.     Tunnel Vision           4:44       (Album version)

5.     Faerie Soiree            2:43       (Album version)

6.     Dragons Blood         3:33

7.     Leeches                    5:08       (+Hawaii Space Guitar)

8.     Moon Cycle              2:32       (Album version)

9.     Garden                      3:55

10.   Needle & Thread     3:40

11.   The Contortionist    4:11      (Extended)

12.   Evil                             4:06

13.   Void                           2:57       (Original version)

14.   Puzzles                     4:02

15.   Spider Web               3:06

16.   Womb                        3:30

I wonder if that Leeches is my edit :flutter: imo the Hawaii Space Guitar thingy worked spectacular as an outro for Leeches :true: 

EDIT: no it's not, mine is 5:00 lol sorry :bebe: but if the album version is just the demo we have slightly improved, I'll probs add the HSG outro.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: