Jack

Melanie Martinez

4 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

This is so random— but whenever the chorus of Light Shower starts, I'm always reminded of this Curly Cue lyric :creep:

"The lines of your misplaced palms fit perfectly"

"The tips of your teeth fit perfect in me"

Sonically I still stand by it being Hawaii Space Guitar's sister. Very pretty song.

Curly Cue has always been a highlight to me so this is a nice touch

50 minutes ago, Andre Lamoglia said:

THE MUSIC VIDEO OMG… IM GAGGED :squidward:

the cgi for the blinking eyes… wow just wow

No like she ended every single one of y'all complaining about the eyes. The animation is everything 

1 minute ago, jamesss said:

okay but how did crybaby die? like what happened from the end of k-12 until now 

She was turned into a pastry in The Bakery, and then she somehow sneaked into a færie portal :hillary: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Just now, Glitter Boy said:

She was turned into a pastry in The Bakery, and then she somehow sneaked into a færie portal :hillary: 

she got packed boxed flipped AND topped 

4 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

I'm sorry y'all but I cannot be the only one who was disappointed in that video

The only part I didn’t like was the dancers with the masks, but the visuals were really good. She kept it fun but also gave some attitude. Curious about the ending also. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Well, we have to remember that The Bakery/After School aren't canon to Cry Baby's story—

Also, the Portals music videos are supposed to exist separately from the planned film, so I guess the movie will start from where K-12 left off and explain things better!

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

7 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

I do think too much of the video was her floating up out of the grave. Kinda boring :true:

48 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I do think too much of the video was her floating up out of the grave. Kinda boring :true:

I just expected so much more emotional heaviness, and some scenery closer to the single cover, but the majority of the video was dancing shots and her trying to get out of the grave. It didn't really go anywhere for me.

What honestly put me off the most was the poorly CGI'd dead Melanie, poorly CGI'd umbilical cord tail Melanie, all of the Mad Hatter dancing, close-ups of her making faces at the camera, and the hoop which I feel would've made more sense being saved for another video.

6 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

I just expected so much more emotional heaviness, and some scenery closer to the single cover, but the majority of the video was dancing shots and her trying to get out of the grave. It didn't really go anywhere for me.

you’re right, there was no correlation to the single cover. Maybe that’ll be more present in the movie?

I still really liked it, but I get what you mean  

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Also, I know the Björk Vulnicura vaginal chest wound and Oliver Tree references are important and symbolic and all, but I really would've rather seen her "dead body" in a better costume.

Remember this design for the Bakery that she wasn't able to use, with the gelled hair swirled and laid flat onto her skin going down her arms? She would've looked amazing laying there styled like that, with candles all around her, and flowers covering parts of her body.

https://i.postimg.cc/yNGDcN8R/frzo7ietjdr51.png

i told myself i wouldn’t listen to the album till it’s release, but i couldn’t help myself with fs and wow did my fav song from her get butchered to filth :toofunny: i was hoping the production in the live version was just for that event, but wow they fucked it up big time,, also music vid is cute ig, wanted more with the flicker of lights scene but it’s pretty

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

I kind of expected her to keep with the prosthetic thing for all of the videos, but I thought it would at least look a bit better with post-production. I think the fact she keeps going for close up shots in it doesn't help with lessening the appearance of the seams or how lifeless the eyes look, because typically that sort of thing is designed to be looked at from a few feet away. DEATH was a song that could've had a better video, but I think with Melanie being stuck on only being seen as the new creature that really holds her back a lot. That said I will forever find it HILARIOUS the way the dancers just start dancing while still at the funeral, because I was joking about that last night and I didn't think they'd ACTUALLY do it. 

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

I kind of expected her to keep with the prosthetic thing for all of the videos, but I thought it would at least look a bit better with post-production. I think the fact she keeps going for close up shots in it doesn't help with lessening the appearance of the seams or how lifeless the eyes look, because typically that sort of thing is designed to be looked at from a few feet away. I feel like DEATH was a song that could've had better for a video, but I think with Melanie being stuck on only being seen as the new creature that really holds her back a lot. That said I will forever find it HILARIOUS the way the dancers just start dancing while still at the funeral, because I was joking about that last night and I didn't think they'd ACTUALLY do it. 

one thing about melanie is she will always add some sporadic dancing that doesn’t fit the energy of the song/video