Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, Andre Lamoglia said:

FsAuCOSWYBUbXYA?format=jpg&name=medium

i see some resemblance of utopia by bjork :creep:

As someone who's been a fan of Björk for longer than Melanie has been making music, I can promise you there's a million references to Björk in most of her projects. She even mimics Björk's throaty yell-singing technique for certain songs.

No one wants to talk about that though, because they either get pissed and call Melanie an outright copycat, or get pissed because they don't believe the references are there at all(I.E. all the people trying to say this era is nothing like Björk when there's clear inspiration everywhere) and think you're trying to shit on Melanie's creativity, lol.

That gatefold is gross. K-12 has one of the coolest gatefolds of all time (despite the album being hot garbage). I’d be tempted to get K-12 just for the gatefold

@The Siren I got the Crybaby Walmart blue pressing a couple months ago and it sounds great btw. All that shit is pressed in the same place, I would doubt that Walmart is much worse aside from a coincidence. 

Also are you guys listening to those boomy voice memos :air: they sound so bad I cannot.

Though I heard them all in person already :oop2:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

That gatefold is gross. K-12 has one of the coolest gatefolds of all time (despite the album being hot garbage). I’d be tempted to get K-12 just for the gatefold

@The Siren I got the Crybaby Walmart blue pressing a couple months ago and it sounds great btw. All that shit is pressed in the same place, I would doubt that Walmart is much worse aside from a coincidence. 

Also are you guys listening to those boomy voice memos :air: they sound so bad I cannot.

Though I heard them all in person already :oop2:

I had to suffer it to make my new track list but I won't be streaming any more until we get HQs because... they are FOUL. 

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Where/how do you make a new track list 🤔

I did it in windows media player just dragging tracks in between the sessions and the official album tracks to experiment with making a track list I liked. I posted it a few pages back but here it is again. I finally figured out how to use the spoiler feature. 

Spoiler

1. Death (Final)
2. Void (Demo)
3. Sirens
4. Tunnel Vision (Demo, I like this intro better. I might make an edit adding the demo intro onto the final's beat, but I'm not sure if that would be worthwhile yet.)
5. The Contortionist (I'm going to remove the extra bone cracking from the outro once we have the full HQ from the album) 
6. Faerie Soiree (Demo)
7. Garden
8. Dragon's Blood
9. Leeches (Final)
10. Tunnel Vision 0.1 (I tagged it 'Tunnel Vision - Reprise' for this. I'm aware it's just a concept demo but I liked how it flowed.) 
11. Synchronicities
12. Fingers Crossed (Can be swapped with Needle & Thread, but Fingers Crossed makes more sense to me thematically) 
13. Light Shower
14. Womb 

Just now, Salem said:

I did it in windows media player just dragging tracks in between the sessions and the official album tracks to experiment with making a track list I liked. I posted it a few pages back but here it is again. I finally figured out how to use the spoiler feature. 

Hide contents

1. Death (Final)
2. Void (Demo)
3. Sirens
4. Tunnel Vision (Demo, I like this intro better. I might make an edit adding the demo intro onto the final's beat, but I'm not sure if that would be worthwhile yet.)
5. The Contortionist (I'm going to remove the extra bone cracking from the outro once we have the full HQ from the album) 
6. Faerie Soiree (Demo)
7. Garden
8. Dragon's Blood
9. Leeches (Final)
10. Tunnel Vision 0.1 (I tagged it 'Tunnel Vision - Reprise' for this. I'm aware it's just a concept demo but I liked how it flowed.) 
11. Synchronicities
12. Fingers Crossed (Can be swapped with Needle & Thread, but Fingers Crossed makes more sense to me thematically) 
13. Light Shower
14. Womb 

Thanks! I’ve been saving screenshots of some of these so I can get some inspiration later on once the album is out. I like you using the TV 0.1 in there, I do also really like that song! 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Glad that’s the version i bought 4 copies of :hooker:

send me one and ill compensate you for it + shipping :hooker:

otherwise ill cave and get the walmart one - IF i can see its uncensored. i hate how walmart censors everything :crossed: 

i kinda dont want the amazon bloodshot copy anymore :hooker:

I’m sadly out of town so I couldn’t attend any listening parties :noparty: I hope those who did had a great time though x

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

now that i’ve had time to sit with the video i like it for what it is, but it doesn’t really explain anything storyline-wise. like although the shot of crybaby’s new form standing on her with the swords is cool, how could her new form have killed her when it is the reincarnation of crybaby that came to life after she’s already died…?

I listened through the album yesterday and sadly I only liked 3 songs :( Hopefully things will hit more in HQ, I will give her one more chance on release day.

7 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

As someone who's been a fan of Björk for longer than Melanie has been making music, I can promise you there's a million references to Björk in most of her projects. She even mimics Björk's throaty yell-singing technique for certain songs.

No one wants to talk about that though, because they either get pissed and call Melanie an outright copycat, or get pissed because they don't believe the references are there at all(I.E. all the people trying to say this era is nothing like Björk when there's clear inspiration everywhere) and think you're trying to shit on Melanie's creativity, lol.

I doubt Melanie even knows who Björk is tbh, plus a prosthetic mask ≠ inspiration. Literally anyone can come up with the idea and do shoots that look similar to Björk's style. There could've definitely been inspiration but Melanie is the type of artist who pulls from her own brain and does HER ideas.

2 minutes ago, WildChild said:

I doubt Melanie even knows who Björk is tbh, plus a prosthetic mask ≠ inspiration. Literally anyone can come up with the idea and do shoots that look similar to Björk's style. There could've definitely been inspiration but Melanie is the type of artist who pulls from her own brain and does HER ideas.

sorry luv but Melanie has mentioned Bjork several times as an inspiration :agree2: