Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

sorry luv but Melanie has mentioned Bjork several times as an inspiration :agree2:

I didn't know that 😭 it could've definitely been inspired, though at the same time Melanie could've easily drawn all of the PORTALS ideas from her own head.

So imma try to get the meaning of the songs (to try understand the story), cause some of them are rather confusing, feel free to give your opinions (this is just my take on it):

1.  DEATH: The death of Crybaby as it is and the rebirth into a new life. She talks about a funeral and how she’s coming back to haunt a past love interest.

2.  VOID: She talks about self sabotage and intrusive thoughts. My guess is she’s comparing the void to a mental state. The theme sounds similar to Dragons Blood.

3.  TUNNEL VISION: She’s talking about a love interest who is trying to get to her only for the sexual pleasure by lying and giving a wrong impression… leaving behind her whole persona, and how disappointed she’s to discover him. Reminds me of Cake.

4.  FAERIE SOIREE: This one talks about leaving your path to get caught up by the “magic”. Mythological fairy dances are often known to leave you dancing for eternity loosing sense of reality… similar to the lotus people. Not sure if she’s portraying this as bad or good, or even if she’s comparing it to a real life experience like addiction.

5.  LIGHT SHOWER: A love song, comparing the love she feels to the water… reminds me of Training Wheels in a way. I’m not sure if there’s an intentional sex reference in this like in Madonnas Liquid Love or Rain. 

6.  SPIDER WEB: Addiction to technology and social media. She compares it to a spider web that once ur hooked up, you can’t leave it. 

7.  LEECHES: She talks about toxic relationships and people who only see you as a source of income, same as leeches who feed from who they’re attached to. Similar to Numbers, Piggyback of Detention. 

8.  BATTLE OF THE LARYNX: Very out of context within the album, I believe this one talks about a toxic relationship, telling him not to make her scream? Don’t know, the lyrics are all over the place in this one. First of many diss tracks to Oliver Tree.

9.  THE CONTORTIONIST: I have several doubts with this one… at first I though she was talking about sex, but with the “it’s no fun” line I think she may be referring to a manipulative relationship where your partner has the upper hand and forces you to meet his standards to “fit on a box”. 

10.  MOON CYCLE: Periods… YUH! Talking to a partner. 

11.  NYMPHOLOGY: Here she’s probably talking to a love interest with a lot of self love… even if he thinks he’s so smart, she still loves him. Reminds me of Alphabet Boy a LOT. 

12.  EVIL: Another Oliver Tree diss track… 

13.  WOMB: Similar to Death, here she mentions rebirth and how everyone after her (her brother) will suffer the same fate. Probably implying another change of dimension for a future proyect.

Just now, evalionisameme said:

Im confused, is the album out?

Only low-quality listening party recordings

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 hour ago, Anonymcomenter said:

6.  SPIDER WEB: Addiction to technology and social media. She compares it to a spider web that once ur hooked up, you can’t leave it. 

It's honestly fucking hilarious(and kind of bold) to make the song that you know is going to be eaten up by the TikTok kids a song about addiction to social media. 

I approve. :bearnod:

Y'all I just thought about this. So, remember in that one interview Melanie did back in 2019 or something where she said Crybaby's growth isn't gonna be literal. Judging off of the music video, I'm assuming that Crybaby's old self has died and her old self is being mourned. I don't think Crybaby has died in a literal sense. She's going through a spiritual transformation. Everyone missed her old self but she's saying that even though she's evolved or evolving she's not really gone. But it could also apply in a literal sense where someone has passed away and they're trying to reassure their loved ones that they're always there. I don't know if this makes sense or not but this is my thoughts on DEATH.

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I wonder when she’s going to tell us the name of this thing? 

it's name is Olivyah Free

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

I haven't said much here in the past few days BC I've been playing too much webkinz, but I will say I think Melanie delayed the release of the music video to give us time to learn the words so we could actually watch it and sing with her. I think it was important to her. Ily guys <3