Jack

Melanie Martinez

Visuals are nice and help out a story, but no one is going to be sitting around watching the film over and over for the music. We'll watch it once (maybe more for actual stans) but otherwise we care about the music. Also, I don't think whatever she's got to say with this film is going to be that impressive enough to warrant this amount of wait.

I'd say Beyonce is the only current artist who's done the visual album thing well, but that's largely because she worked on them in secret. Still, though, we don't need a full album experience. Maybe she and Melanie do because they grew up in a different era of music, but the music industry has moved on. Either do the film production in secret and release it all as you please, or just be quiet about it. Bey's self-titled era had the momentum of surprise and Lemonade was the first time Jay Z's infidelity was acknowledged, but even so the music was at the forefront of the praise. I cannot think of another instance or artist who's film/visual album has been necessary or more popular than the music. Melanie could have been releasing buzz singles of things she's been writing since she finished the album. Sad that the only song we've gotten had to be pushed out of her by rape accusations. 

(Sorry for a rant, specially since I'm not even a Melanie stan but I just find that she's handling this all wrong. Stay tuned for my rant for NFR)

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Visuals are nice and help out a story, but no one is going to be sitting around watching the film over and over for the music. We'll watch it once (maybe more for actual stans) but otherwise we care about the music. Also, I don't think whatever she's got to say with this film is going to be that impressive enough to warrant this amount of wait.

I'd say Beyonce is the only current artist who's done the visual album thing well, but that's largely because she worked on them in secret. Still, though, we don't need a full album experience. Maybe she and Melanie do because they grew up in a different era of music, but the music industry has moved on. Either do the film production in secret and release it all as you please, or just be quiet about it. Bey's self-titled era had the momentum of surprise and Lemonade was the first time Jay Z's infidelity was acknowledged, but even so the music was at the forefront of the praise. I cannot think of another instance or artist who's film/visual album has been necessary or more popular than the music. Melanie could have been releasing buzz singles of things she's been writing since she finished the album. Sad that the only song we've gotten had to be pushed out of her by rape accusations. 

(Sorry for a rant, specially since I'm not even a Melanie stan but I just find that she's handling this all wrong. Stay tuned for my rant for NFR)

agree. I LOVEE Lemonade and I still havent seen the full movie apart from the formation and all night portions (ca someone link me to it pls xoxo im broke for tidal, and also for the self titled movie too lmao)

at the end of the day the music is gonna be the main item. the least she can do is release a main single with the video that corresponds to that song and then drop the whole project later 

It kinda annoys me that she said the crap about her shit fans not having patience and that she doesn’t owe anyone anything, it’s her art blah blah blah. Like yes it’s her art but does she realise she wouldn’t be an artist without us? So she does kinda owe us something, even if it’s just updates on what’s happening rather than FIVE YEARS OF SILENCE. Like what, she’s the one who’s acting ungrateful for the platform WE have given her.

giphy.gif

It kinda annoys me that she said the crap about her shit fans not having patience and that she doesn’t owe anyone anything, it’s her art blah blah blah. Like yes it’s her art but does she realise she wouldn’t be an artist without us? So she does kinda owe us something, even if it’s just updates on what’s happening rather than FIVE YEARS OF SILENCE. Like what, she’s the one who’s acting ungrateful for the platform WE have given her.

i get what you're saying but she doesn't... like, yall (or more in general, her fans) depend on her more than she depends on you. that's why she got the success she has. it's not like yall are going out of your way to make her famous or give her something

that's not to say she should act like this. i agree she should understand where her fans are coming from. also her fanbase is barely through middle school so what is she complaining about

She needs to give us some newsssssssssssss

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

self titled release will and always will be the best visual album to be released

Melanie is delusional to think that her fans are being rude and ungrateful by wanting an album that was supposed to be released like 2 and a half years ago at this point. I do love her music and i'm still not sure about her after the Timothy fiasco, but besides all that she seems like a horrid, entitled girl. 

I met her, and she was sweet, but during my show she was angry that the crowd wouldn't quiet down and flipped the crowd off. I have a picture of it somewhere

The movie is gonna be dumb. Don't get your hopes up. Melanie self-directed for a lot of the Crybaby videos and none of them were that great besides Mr. Potato Head and i don't think she even directed that one. 

She's a good person. And if the crowd wouldn't STFU, it deserves to be flipped off.

glad she is over, hope her trash fans suffer 

Quit being a hater, @Eclipse. She ain't over. When that album comes out I'ma laugh in your digital face like 

giphy.gif

we are witnessing a millennial/Gen-Z  one hit wonder

nah fam

She needs to give us some newsssssssssssss

She gave us news: the album and movie are coming at the end of summer

giphy.gif

She's a good person. And if the crowd wouldn't STFU, it deserves to be flipped off.

We paid our own money and took the time to travel to a venue to watch her sing. Unless the crowd is booing and throwing shit at her, there's no reason to flip off a crowd full of her fans who are paying her bills. 

It's obvious that Melanie isn't a cool person. I know you stan her and see her get shit on all the time, but it's not healthy to not acknowledge when someone you like is acting like a piece of shit, i.e. the Hillsong thread rn. 

It's just annoying that people are constantly rubbing Melanie's attitude on her fans' face. Like,,, yeah she maybe an asshole, and??? who fucking cares tbh, I'm still gonna be singing along whatever she releases, because I like her music, get over it.

It's just annoying that people are constantly rubbing Melanie's attitude on her fans' face. Like,,, yeah she maybe an asshole, and??? who fucking cares tbh, I'm still gonna be singing along whatever she releases, because I like her music, get over it.

You don't have to care, I certainly didn't and kept listening to her music until her scandal went down and haven't heard it since. 

But her fans are the ones that get attacked by Melanie all the time anyways, so it's their problem

You don't have to care, I certainly didn't and kept listening to her music until her scandal went down and haven't heard it since. 

But her fans are the ones that get attacked by Melanie all the time anyways, so it's their problem

true

her fanbase is mostly made of 12 yrs old so what did you expect 

I think Melanie's an asshole and most of her fans are as well (with the harassing Timothy half a year after the allegations; instigating her to continue talking about it; harassing her family members; etc) but I can't deny that I'm anticipating this release. Her future albums, I'm not so sure, because she takes way too fucking long etc, but this album has been done all the way since I actually was a fan and I'm gonna hear it  :hooker:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

She's a pompous ass bitch someone leak her album so I can stream it illegally maybe it will teach her a lesson about being grateful for the career you've had especially after the rape scandal

We already have the cover shoot, we already have the title, we already have Drama Club, we already have a general idea of when this album's supposed to come out

I wouldn't mind if that unreleased songs hoarder from months ago came back with the remainder of the album  :hooker:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina