Jack

Melanie Martinez

4 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Tbh Needle & Thread, Finers Crossed and Death all three sound really good just like they are, they could just be uploaded to streaming platforms and I'd play the hell out of them

Personally, Fingers Crossed and Needle & Thread are some of my favorite tracks I've ever heard from her. The lyrics are very vulnerable, and seem more personal even though they're still thematically based. They show a lot of growth in her musical style, and I'm really looking forward to this next album, even if those don't make the final cut. 

On another note, the artwork for this LP/film is going to be insane. I'm 99% sure Pastelae will be working on snippet animations again too, unless that MoP leak was just a really good fake, which I doubt. Hoping we really do get a 2022 release.

3 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

Personally, Fingers Crossed and Needle & Thread are some of my favorite tracks I've ever heard from her. The lyrics are very vulnerable, and seem more personal even though they're still thematically based. They show a lot of growth in her musical style, and I'm really looking forward to this next album, even if those don't make the final cut. 

On another note, the artwork for this LP/film is going to be insane. I'm 99% sure Pastelae will be working on snippet animations again too, unless that MoP leak was just a really good fake, which I doubt. Hoping we really do get a 2022 release.

Yeah, both songs are insanely good! Nobody can convince me otherwise :ma: 

do feel we could have a 2022 release, even if it's a very late 2022 release. Or at least, the album could be finished by then. Again, I don't really mind if the film would have to wait, but knowing Melanie she will want to release both at the same time. :toofunny: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

Agree! I've been wanting the slow/sad sound from her since she doesn't do it a lot. These lyrics hits from the heart

Needle & Thread is just so good lyrically and sonically, this pic Pastelae made back then speaks for itself :wowcry:

11 hours ago, missanthrophocene said:

Agree! I've been wanting the slow/sad sound from her since she doesn't do it a lot. These lyrics hits from the heart

Needle & Thread is just so good lyrically and sonically, this pic Pastelae made back then speaks for itself :wowcry:

Didn't pastelae say around this point that she wasn't working with Melanie? I think it may have just been coincidence in this case. That said, I really hope she doesn't do the visuals for this era. The artist who did the visuals for After School should do them instead IMO. They better suit the new themes and sounds. 

3 hours ago, Salem said:

Didn't pastelae say around this point that she wasn't working with Melanie? I think it may have just been coincidence in this case. That said, I really hope she doesn't do the visuals for this era. The artist who did the visuals for After School should do them instead IMO. They better suit the new themes and sounds. 

I meant the art described the song so well

3 hours ago, Salem said:

I think the Addams-family-esque animation was great for After School, and felt connected to the Cry Baby era because of the hand-drawn art. But it doesn't quite fit the mystical elements of MM3, whereas Pastelae's artwork has a more fitting "uncanny valley" and otherworldly look to it already. I can't exactly picture a snippet of "Sirens" or "Mother of Pearl" done in the After School style, for example. But either way, I won't be disappointed unless she hires a 10 year old to animate her snippets in MS Paint, lol.

This is the type of artwork I want for the MM3 tracks. Something new for Melanie's music, however still matching her vintage rococo aesthetic she's had since 2017.

Fragonard-Full.jpg

5314b9a2-96a3-4ef8-bb58-7fbb27d71232.jpg

Venus-large.jpg

Example-of-Rococo-Art-Breaking-Frame-Phi

MGdj-Ge7vvq4-E6-Tg-Ql-Hjd-RA-custom-Cust

I think this style would go perfectly with this album's light vs. dark theme. Light, easy brush strokes telling a dark story about sirens and dragons.

giphy.gif 

5 hours ago, Gravitate said:

This is the type of artwork I want for the MM3 tracks. Something new for Melanie's music, however still matching her vintage rococo aesthetic she's had since 2017.

Fragonard-Full.jpg

5314b9a2-96a3-4ef8-bb58-7fbb27d71232.jpg

Venus-large.jpg

Example-of-Rococo-Art-Breaking-Frame-Phi

MGdj-Ge7vvq4-E6-Tg-Ql-Hjd-RA-custom-Cust

I think this style would go perfectly with this album's light vs. dark theme. Light, easy brush strokes telling a dark story about sirens and dragons.

YES PLEASE :trisha:

More Cry Baby recording sessions leaked

Dead to Me 

Mrs. Potato Head 

Snippets of Alphabet Boy were also posted, it seems these K&OL studio sessions are still being sold for hundreds. :toofloppy:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

1 hour ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

More Cry Baby recording sessions leaked. 

Dead to Me 

Mrs. Potato Head 

Snippets of Alphabet Boy were also posted, it seems these K&OL studio sessions are still being sold for hundreds. :toofloppy:

So she wrote MPH in July 2014 and recorded it on August.

UAmFDOp.png

13 minutes ago, Sugartears said:

So she wrote MPH in July 2014 and recorded it on August.

Why do you think she wrote it in July? August seems more likely since she was writing a lot of songs during that month 

Someone leak the Kinetics Dropbox zip already like these are all being heavily passed around and sold for hundreds..

edit: the Dead to Me files are interesting, I think the leaked fake concept demo from months ago is the 2nd recording session

Edited by feeling angry

7 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

More Cry Baby recording sessions leaked

Dead to Me 

Mrs. Potato Head 

her voice before she got sick :defeated:

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

On 12/16/2021 at 12:17 PM, The Siren said:

I knew her voice was damaged after the tours and sickness, but it's worse than I thought in "Garden_2". :crai:

Pushing through the strain isn't helping her. I hope she takes a legitimate break after the new album comes out and takes time to rest her voice without the pressures of recording and performing.

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

I knew her voice was damaged after the tours and sickness, but it's worse than I thought in "Garden_2". :crai:

Pushing through the strain isn't helping her. I hope she takes a legitimate break after the new album comes out and takes time to rest her voice without the pressures of recording and performing.

I feel like her more of her fans should be talking about this but ofc when I brought it up at some point I was attacked  :awkney:

I'm pretty sure they snippeted the worst vocal takes on purpose :rip: