Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 minute ago, Gravitate said:

No no no, her new album has nothing to do with babies

might have to restan then :teehee:

i've been a fan since pity party era and i found k-12 personally quite awful :bebe:

so i'm happy that's she's moving on :party:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, Gravitate said:

According to Ticketmaster, Melanie has a show scheduled on July 8 in Utah. She also said in the Halloween concert that she won't be performing old songs anymore so it has to be new material if it isn't a weird mistake :excited: Tickets go on sale Feb. 13

https://www.ticketmaster.com/melanie-martinez-tickets/artist/1901820

I really doubt it's new material, don't think she'd announce a new show before even starting promoting the new album. She probably wants extra money for the film(which means no filming until then:eartha2:)

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

I hope this NFT thing isn't real, but at this point I'm pretty sure it's legit. If she wants to be taken seriously when she talks about being anti-capitalist, anti-establishment, going against the grain, etc., she should think twice about this. It's disingenuous and honestly just a terrible trend to partake in. NFT's are stupid, but they're also horrible for the planet. I can't say I'm not disappointed to see this when she could be doing anything else with her money and fame.

16 minutes ago, Desert lamp said:

Aren't NFTs just digital items? :rip: how are they "horrible to the planet"? Just ignore it and let people spend their money however they want.

bc it takes enormous amounts of energy to process additions to block chains. all for a receipt of purchase, its disgusting.

this NYT article explains it, its about crypto currency but the principle is the same https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/09/03/climate/bitcoin-carbon-footprint-electricity.html

Unfortunately, NFTs come with environmental limitations. Most “crypto art” distribution and security technology derive from Ethereum. The Ethereum platform uses 48.14 kilowatt-hours of energy per transaction.

The Ethereum blockchain generates thousands of transactions every day. One transaction uses as much power as the conventional household over a day and a half. As a result, it significantly increases global energy consumption.

image.png

13 minutes ago, Desert lamp said:

Aren't NFTs just digital items? :rip: how are they "horrible to the planet"? Just ignore it and let people spend their money however they want.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/climate/nft-climate-change.amp.html

They use massive amounts of energy and are horribly wasteful. It's more than just "people spending too much money on stupid things", it's irresponsible for no gain.

People forget how a lot of girls like Charli, Slayter and Tinashe also released NFTs. I don't understand why everybody is getting involved with them though, the whole concept seems ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Charli, Slayter and Tinashe also released NFTs. I don't understand why everybody is getting involved with them, it seems so stupid to me. 

Probably their record labels idea, honestly, and if not it's just for pocket money. Not sure which is worse.

Fingers Crossed - February 14 2022 :flutter:

42 minutes ago, SOPHIE said:

huh??

NVM ignore me... it's fake apparently :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: