Jack

Melanie Martinez

3 hours ago, Sugartears said:

From the songs we have from the new album so far, for me the best opinion to be its lead single is "Tunnel Vision" since it reminds me a lot of Test Me and other songs from After School, and it had a good reception inside the fan base. Also, "Void", "Dragon's Blood", "Fingers Crossed", "Needle & Thread", "Garden", "Sirens" would be great singles after it (If they are really included in the album).

YES YES YES, all of those scream single treatment, even Void which I'm not too fond of, but I see it somehow working as a minor single from the era. In my opinion, she should do:

1. Sirens

2. Dragon's Blood

3. Tunnel Vision

4. Needle & Thread

5. Garden

Although I know she usually releases very few (Cry Baby only having 3 was a crime) but we'll see! I hope we're not too far from the beginning of the era. I can't wait :excited: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

17 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

But After School actually steps away from the childish stuff quite considerably

Reveal hidden contents

And what we've heard from MM3 is even further from it.

I'm really here for that change. Maybe we haven't seen it completely, but it's there and it shows she is evolving as an artist. I honestly can't wait for her next album, hopefully later this year.

I honestly don't even know about NFTs but if they're that bad, well, hopefully every artist who decides to release them just stop doing so.

I'm just not here for the "she'll never top Cry Baby's quality" discourse because that is obviously not true. Yes, CB is the best of the three full length releases she has so far. Yes, K-12 was monotonous. Yes, After School felt lacking. But I'm completely sure MM3 is coming for magnum opus crown. 

I hope her new album is everything it's been worked up to be so I can have something else to adore other than Crybaby. I get that her recent EP and K-12 is a huge hit for people and I can appreciate that, but I think everyone can agree that she has the ability to really blow us away and give us some new material to work with. Let's hope!!

tumblr_n82nj4mNTi1t5c9i8o1_500.gif

I spiritually feel like the single is going to be an unheard song which hasn't leaked yet. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

5 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

I spiritually feel like the single is going to be an unheard song which hasn't leaked yet. 

same, I'm so curious to see the direction she's going sonically and to think there is so much more that are unleaked and the leaked ones are very different from eachother i feel it's gonna 

be IT :nails:

I think we're going to get something along the lines of her first album in the sense that there will be a heavy overarching theme, but the tracks will each have a unique yet cohesive sound(unlike K-12, which came across as monotonous more than cohesive).

After School is a perfect example of her gearing up for a new musical style, where her instrumentals and vocals are just on the edge of her old music and something entirely new. And with what we've heard of her recent work with K+OL, I'm sure she'll make a great comeback and garner a wider audience.

Someone said this sounds a lot like Fingers Crossed. Do you guys hear it? :headache:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

On 2/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Someone said this sounds a lot like Fingers Crossed. Do you guys hear it? :headache:

I kinda hear it in the piano in the beginning but that's it lol. This song is so good though :party:

giphy.gif 

i love to pretend that K-12 never happened.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

38 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

It's not the worst but I feel like she could've picked a better theme and direction for her second album than "Crybaby goes to school".

She simply wanted to continue the character of Cry Baby 🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

It's not the worst but I feel like she could've picked a better theme and direction for her second album than "Crybaby goes to school".

I really don’t think it’s about the whole school theme. It’s just executed terribly which I don’t think many people take into consideration :rip:

The same can be said for the Cry Baby concept.. but on the other hand that was actually well executed lmao

1 minute ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

I really don’t think it’s about the whole school theme. It’s just executed terribly which I don’t think many people take into consideration :rip:

The same can be said for the Cry Baby concept.. but on the other hand that was actually well executed lmao

I feel like she wrote herself into a corner going with the whole school theme to begin with and making content specifically for the movie. (I believe she said something along the lines of how if she couldn't visualize it for a music video the song wouldn't make it). Where as crybaby's theme and concept had enough breathing room where she was able to create a variety of songs that still felt whole and part of the album.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif