Jack

Melanie Martinez

Well this is a mess, lol.

I kind of had a feeling this was going to happen after the single never came. I don't know what all is being reworked, or what she and her team are doing here, but I think we can assume that this album will be a late 2022 - early 2023 release. 

She had a lot of potential, but I feel like lately she's doing nothing but making a joke out of herself to everyone who's paying attention(including her label). If she isn't careful, she'll run her own career into the ground and blame it on her fans for listening to her leaked music.

Okay so here is the story she posted march 12 2021 saying she only would go back to hawaii to "finish this project". She better be there to be mastering the single/final tracks, doing deluxe tracks or do a music video or else I STG...

btw I'M SURE the one postponing the dates is her label Atlantic Records and not her(them making her ask ppl to stream Test Me to see if it does good so they could give her the budget for the MV shows how strict they are now after K-12)

Imagem

The wait wouldn't feel so long if she wasn't so detached from all of her socials. On the rare occasion she does post something lately, it's usually just a random clip of her staring into space and/or dancing, a photo of her staring into space in expensive couture, or a clip of Hawaiian cows and grass fields.

She's lost almost all of her outwardly visible "relatability" and personality in favor of projecting this self-righteous "sending love and light" character, and it can seem a little weird and fake.

Not really looking forward to this collab. I doubt it will be a deluxe track considering Melanie doesn't add features to her albums, and with everyone getting tired of waiting, it probably would've been smarter to record this after they rolled out new music anyway.

I also feel like it says a lot that so many people are talking about this already when the video was just posted. Fans are clinging to scraps of info from SM to keep themselves patient, and considering 99% of the comments were "we just want MM3", I don't think it's helping.

they're so desperate lmaooo... asking these type of celebrities who never really cared for social and dont have mainstream audiences to make tiktoks is soooo dumb. they think we wouldn't notice they're forcing them? 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

they're so desperate lmaooo... asking these type of celebrities who never really cared for social and dont have mainstream audiences to make tiktoks is soooo dumb. they think we wouldn't notice they're forcing them? 

They won't care if anyone notices, unfortunately. It gets them views and puts more money in their pockets. 

The only thing that would stop this is if artists stopped agreeing to it, or found a way to break their contracts and move to another label, which is easier said than done. Hopefully in the near future it won't be like this.

On 5/11/2022 at 3:28 PM, missanthrophocene said:

50%, considering she's known for postponing every prediction date she gives us... i mean it even happened with after school :oprah: 

Let's remember she started promoting K-12 in May(teaser) and released it september and she still hasn't done anything MM3 related neither so i don't expect a spring release

Well atleast this time she's releasing the album and film separately. The reason k-12 took 2 extra years was because of the film

16 hours ago, misslonaxo said:

Well atleast this time she's releasing the album and film separately. The reason k-12 took 2 extra years was because of the film

It honest feels like she's waiting to release the album with the film at this point. 

26 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

they went bankrupt with K-12 we're not getting this album nor film any time soon i fear :trisha:

I doubt we're getting the movie this year, for sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to roll out the album before 2023 to gain some traction for the premiere. 

She's got to be aware of how bad everything has been looking on her end. Hopefully she's selling her house to make up for the money that Atlantic isn't giving her for MM3, and not just because she can't afford it anymore. After all, look at how much she spends on clothing every month, lol.