BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

On 1/14/2021 at 10:58 PM, bored said:

I'm kinda excited for this album! I think the EP was better than her debut but still I'm ready for whatever she puts out!

I think I prefer her mid tempo stuff more than like the bad guys and you should see me in a crowns... more songs like these would be my dream:

01. i love you

02. everything i wanted

03. come out and play

04. when the party's over

05. ilomilo

06. idontwannabeyouanymore

07. hostage

08. bitches broken hearts

09. xanny

10. my future

And along came Your Power, which I am obsessed with and can't stop listening to 

am I the only one who thinks therefor I am sounds like a demo? :toofunny: istg it sounds so bad I was so dissapointed when it was on the album, the song kinda sounds like a song someone trying to imitate her would make or sumn idk if that makes sense the song just aint hitting no matter how much I listen to it

I kinda like Lost Cause but it does remind me a bit of Therefore I am. I really loved my future and I guess Your Power wasn’t terrible. I’m hoping this new album is as good as her last one. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Thank God she is doing the fuck she wants instead of chasing the radio. 

"Fans" are pressed because they want more radio hits when Miss Eilish is aiming for art. 

I rather have her being more like the Bjork of this generation than the Katy Perry of this generation. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 5/14/2021 at 4:34 PM, bored said:

And along came Your Power, which I am obsessed with and can't stop listening to 

You kinda spilled on the post you quoted from yourself tbh

I loved her EP much more than her debut album. I was a major fan of hers back then, then she tried to pursue mainstream generic shit and even though it was not bad, at all, there was something missing for me.

I'm not getting into her latest songs tho, but when Your Power dropped, that one definitely clicked for me.

This one, Lost Cause, is somewhat meh atm for me. But on my second listen it started growing on me, so I think that one is definitely a grower. And it is a somewhat new direction for her, the instrumental is really good tbh

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

36 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Thank God she is doing the fuck she wants instead of chasing the radio. 

"Fans" are pressed because they want more radio hits when Miss Eilish is aiming for art. 

I rather have her being more like the Bjork of this generation than the Katy Perry of this generation. 

She doesn’t have the range to be Bjork, especially cause she’s not the musical genius in the family. She just has a nice voice and an incredibly charming image, which is what propelled her to fame

As for Katy, she burned out big time with her last two albums, but Teenage Dream is a flawless pop album and she was THE moment and the biggest singer of her time 

So while yeah she didn’t last at least she made an impact when she could which is more than most people can say

As for Billie these last two songs are incredibly boring and subpar on all levels (especially considering how smart musically was her debut EP) she really needs somebody to write for her cause she can’t write a sentence or melody to save her life 

Lost Cause issa jam:party:

I wish only the production would be heavier but lazier, chilly vibe has own charm. It is really good soundtrack to hot summer lazy weekend.

The song is alright. I like it better than Your Power.

But the amount of people slut shaming her for having boobs in the comments is unreal. She's literally just wearing comfy ass clothes.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I’m surprised by the lack of interest in her new music, like 11 on the US charts. I think she’s on the downfall from her peak.  Although her music sounds more critic friendly than chart friendly.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance