BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

12 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

…  it means shes been groomed to be a certain way by the label. 

So every artist that has ever signed to a label contract since the 1930s? 

2 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

So every artist that has ever signed to a label contract since the 1930s? 

Plenty of organic and original artists…maybe expand your music library. Rodrigo is a marketing product, it’s all manufactured and not just a few details.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

On 7/9/2021 at 2:14 PM, ChaoticLipster said:

That doesn’t make someone genuine and not an Industry Plant. Go and look up the definition…  it means shes been groomed to be a certain way by the label. 

groomed?? do you even know what that word means?? ...

anyway, labels creating an artist image is nothing new, this is literally how britney spears became famous, but nobody is calling her an industry plant or making fun of her for having an image created by her label

plus, what is artificial about olivia? she literally sings about being heartbroken and uses high school imagery... its literally her experience ??? dklfjkadjkl y'all are weird 

12 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Plenty of organic and original artists…maybe expand your music library. Rodrigo is a marketing product, it’s all manufactured and not just a few details.  

what does being organic and original have to do with being manufactured?

britney spears was manufactured but she was still original

you're literally talking out of your ass to hate on a 17 yo girl who's only fault is being extremely famous lol 

NDA was cute I like it but why are her videos always so boring lol there’s never anything going on in them other than 1 specific thing that the entire video focuses on. It’s like it’s 1 scene from a music video dragged out. In this vid she’s walking with cars passing her, in the your power video she’s sitting on a mountain w a snake around her, in the everything i wanted video shes in a car, in the xanny video she’s sitting on a bench and people are putting out cigs on her, in the all the good girls go to hell vid she falls out the sky and is walking with wings, and that’s all that is happening like, sure the vids look pretty but where’s the direction..

qfrWuBl.png

14 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

people complain about what critics did to lana in the past and do the same thing now... this industry plant argument is so stupid, olivia is her own artist that sings about whatever the fuck she wants because she can

12 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

NDA was cute I like it but why are her videos always so boring lol there’s never anything going on in them other than 1 specific thing that the entire video focuses on. It’s like it’s 1 scene from a music video dragged out. In this vid she’s walking with cars passing her, in the your power video she’s sitting on a mountain w a snake around her, in the everything i wanted video shes in a car, in the xanny video she’s sitting on a bench and people are putting out cigs on her, in the all the good girls go to hell vid she falls out the sky and is walking with wings, and that’s all that is happening like, sure the vids look pretty but where’s the direction..

doesnt she direct her own videos? that's probably why. she's not hiring a professional.

anyways, i always feel...odd? watching her videos or performances. she looks like she should be belting out the lyrics but she's whisper singing the whole time and it throws my brain off. i haven't listened to the new song yet but i watched a clip of the video and .. again...threw my brain off. hope its not a disappointment. i'll find time to listen one of these days. having a newborn makes everything hard. can't even listen to a 3 minute song:icant:

~INSTA1.gif

I really thought this would be a total reinvention, but so far every song, other than “Your Power”, sounds like a reimagined take on “Bad Guy”…I thought the blonde hair and the Vogue shoot were gonna be a sign of a total gear switch but she’s playing it safe I think? And what single is this 4–not much of the album left at this point to change anyone’s opinion drastically. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

15 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

groomed?? do you even know what that word means?? ...

anyway, labels creating an artist image is nothing new, this is literally how britney spears became famous, but nobody is calling her an industry plant or making fun of her for having an image created by her label

plus, what is artificial about olivia? she literally sings about being heartbroken and uses high school imagery... its literally her experience ??? dklfjkadjkl y'all are weird 

what does being organic and original have to do with being manufactured?

britney spears was manufactured but she was still original

you're literally talking out of your ass to hate on a 17 yo girl who's only fault is being extremely famous lol 

Yes I know what it means thank you, it’s actually under the definition of what industry plant is if you do like 30 seconds of research. https://www.complex.com/pigeons-and-planes/2020/03/what-is-industry-plant/

you can stick to you manufactured $$$ artists…I prefer genuine authentic musicians not actors. 

On 7/11/2021 at 6:50 AM, ChaoticLipster said:

you can stick to you manufactured $$$ artists…I prefer genuine authentic musicians not actors. 

greatest joke on lanaboards!
they all are actors, otherwise they wouldnt survive in that business. Springsteen had a huge interview about that topic. they all get lessons in how to tell fans and media what they want to hear, so much for being authentic. 
And the fact that i.e. Lana doesnt even use her real name…congrats, you are one of us, if you like it or not :thumb3:

ps: feel free to post a list of your so-called genuine authentic musicians. i havent heard enough jokes today!

2 hours ago, WildMustang said:

"I want old Billie back" ugh I'm so tired of this happening to literally every artist and especially to female artists 

Kinda funny, nothing changed. And maybe that’s the problem 

I like the new songs, but her way of singing is boring

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

On 7/10/2021 at 4:42 PM, TrashMagiq said:

I actually like that she does this. It's becoming her thing and not everything is better because there are lots of "zomg lewrks and stages" (not putting words in your mouth just echoing what "wows" a lot of the crowd (and by crowd I mean gays)) It creates a specific athmosphere. All that being said I'm all but sold on this album so far but I'll gladly be positively surprised if the full thing is cool to listen to.

6 hours ago, Ariana said:

greatest joke on lanaboards!
they all are actors, otherwise they wouldnt survive in that business. Springsteen had a huge interview about that topic. they all get lessons in how to tell fans and media what they want to hear, so much for being authentic. 
And the fact that i.e. Lana doesnt even use her real name…congrats, you are one of us, if you like it or not :thumb3:

ps: feel free to post a list of your so-called genuine authentic musicians. i havent heard enough jokes today!

Not another person who doesn’t know what industry plants means ??‍♂️ That is completely different than having a stage name. Lana had originality, she started from the bottom organically. An industry plant is someone 100% crafted by the label.  Having a producer and management who refine the process does not equal an industry plant.  I follow at least 50 artists who started from the bottom and have genuine artistic visions not picked by a label boss and million dollar creative team.  Stop looking at the top 20 and look at unknown independent artists you will be pleasantly surprised.  

Yet another newbie account, you sound like a plant from Rodrigos label …did I hit a nerve? ?

17 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Not another person who doesn’t know what industry plants means ??‍♂️ That is completely different than having a stage name. Lana had originality, she started from the bottom organically. An industry plant is someone 100% crafted by the label.  Having a producer and management who refine the process does not equal an industry plant.  I follow at least 50 artists who started from the bottom and have genuine artistic visions not picked by a label boss and million dollar creative team.  Stop looking at the top 20 and look at unknown independent artists you will be pleasantly surprised.  

Yet another newbie account, you sound like a plant from Rodrigos label …did I hit a nerve? ?

You didn’t hit anything but just made it even clearer that you don’t understand that business at all + you should probably ask yourself why you even feel the urgent need to label artists as manufactured, actors, industry plants etc. + most artists that are independent are independent as they haven’t made it yet to get a record deal or their label dropped them before, and also lanaboard members. I can’t login to my original account from 2012 anymore due to technical problems with my mail address. So I had to create a new account. But hey, didn’t you start as a newbie here too once? Lol

And yes, I will keep listening to the top 20 as Lana is mostly in em. 

And no, you won’t come around with your list of 50+ genuine and authentic musicians as you‘re afraid we could prove you wrong?

Whatever, if you don’t mind let us go back to the original topic again.

???

Yesterday I went to Media Markt and got Billie‘s debut as a special edition with 3 bonus tracks-Everything I Wanted is one of them. Would explain why it’s not on the new album.

17 hours ago, Ryusei said:

I actually like that she does this. It's becoming her thing and not everything is better because there are lots of "zomg lewrks and stages" (not putting words in your mouth just echoing what "wows" a lot of the crowd (and by crowd I mean gays)) It creates a specific athmosphere. All that being said I'm all but sold on this album so far but I'll gladly be positively surprised if the full thing is cool to listen to.

same, i've also always seen that style of video as a conceptual strength of hers. i remember before chromatica came out i wanted lady gaga to take notes and switch up her old music video formula to something more like this

that being said, it wouldn't hurt billie to experiment in that regard from time to time

kySyfQZ.jpg