BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

a reliable insider’s review on hte!!

IM SO FUCKING RXCITED THE TITLE TRACK REVIEW. ELECTRIC GUITAIRS :trisha:

Spoiler

Getting Older - cute introduction to the album, the intro kinda threw me off cause it starts just like Drive by Halsey :dies:, actually one of my least favorite tracks on the album but it's still good, I like the melody and it's really chill and adorable - 7/10;

I Didn't Change My Number - whew, I loooove this - short & sweet. it's kinda giving "elevator music" in the best way possible, the melody once again is really cool and the production keeps you interested throughout the entire length of the song - 10/10;

Billie Bossa Nova - possibly my favorite track off of the entire record, the melody is gorgeous and it was stuck in my head after just one listen, this should've been the promo single at the very least. this is sooo ****ing smooth, I'm in love... - 10/10;

Oxytocin - oooh bitch. definitely THE bad guy of the album just like everyone else was predicting. it's exciting, it's so fresh, it's catchy, people are gonna love this one. the production is giving bad guy on steroids as well. I WANNA DO BAD THINGS TO YOU!!! :jonny5: 10/10

GOLDWING - first half of the track is purely echo'd, angelic vocals without any production in the background and then the second part comes with a heavy beat twisting the whole thing up with repeated vocals playing until the end of the track, I love it - 10/10

Halley's Comet - first ballad of the record, piano & and a mellow beat accompanying it, it's kind of giving Liability by Lorde melodically?, stunning outro - 8/10

Not My Responsibility - not much to say about this, it's just the tour interlude. might be a filler to some, it was annoying to me at first but with more listens I'm beginning to understand it's purpose on the album. won't rate this one due to the fact we've already had this for more than a year

OverHeated - NMR flows right into this, the instrumental is similar to the previous track, so you can get the idea of the sound, infectious melodies & catchy chorus, lowkey uptempo vibe - 9/10

Everybody Dies - second ballad of the record, gorgeous melody and vocal delivery, mellow beat with heavy, drowned-out synths - 10/10

Happier Than Ever - oh my ****ing God, don't even get me started on this one. as previously mentioned, starts off like a typical Billie ballad, then the second part comes and your jaw drops. lots of heavy, electric guitars, lots of screaming, truly her Poppy moment, the VOCALS, my GOD. we need her to sing her heart out like this more often. - 10/10

Male Fantasy - third ballad of the record, really lovely melody, it's kind of giving 8 but more mature and much more interesting, HTE should've been the album closer but this isn't a bad one either - 10/10

What surprised me the most about this record were the melodies, they're so smooth and infectious, even if you might not like some of the production choices these songs will stay in your head for some time. I am actually angered at how bad this era was planned, who in the world decided Your Power would be a good single choice when she had all these songs up there? :deadbanana2:In my opinion if they released the album pre-order with Oxytocin the hype would've been much higher and she wouldn't be getting dragged so much. I hope she will still smash cause this album deserves it a lot, as I said it before, I probably like it more than her debut. It's way more cohesive, more mature, the production is more interesting and there's variety in her vocal delivery. You can hear her screaming, you can hear her whispering, you can hear her singing her heart out, it's truly special & immaculate. Fantastic record overall. 10/10.

6 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

Hide contents

Getting Older - cute introduction to the album, the intro kinda threw me off cause it starts just like Drive by Halsey :dies:, actually one of my least favorite tracks on the album but it's still good, I like the melody and it's really chill and adorable - 7/10;

I Didn't Change My Number - whew, I loooove this - short & sweet. it's kinda giving "elevator music" in the best way possible, the melody once again is really cool and the production keeps you interested throughout the entire length of the song - 10/10;

Billie Bossa Nova - possibly my favorite track off of the entire record, the melody is gorgeous and it was stuck in my head after just one listen, this should've been the promo single at the very least. this is sooo ****ing smooth, I'm in love... - 10/10;

Oxytocin - oooh bitch. definitely THE bad guy of the album just like everyone else was predicting. it's exciting, it's so fresh, it's catchy, people are gonna love this one. the production is giving bad guy on steroids as well. I WANNA DO BAD THINGS TO YOU!!! :jonny5: 10/10

GOLDWING - first half of the track is purely echo'd, angelic vocals without any production in the background and then the second part comes with a heavy beat twisting the whole thing up with repeated vocals playing until the end of the track, I love it - 10/10

Halley's Comet - first ballad of the record, piano & and a mellow beat accompanying it, it's kind of giving Liability by Lorde melodically?, stunning outro - 8/10

Not My Responsibility - not much to say about this, it's just the tour interlude. might be a filler to some, it was annoying to me at first but with more listens I'm beginning to understand it's purpose on the album. won't rate this one due to the fact we've already had this for more than a year

OverHeated - NMR flows right into this, the instrumental is similar to the previous track, so you can get the idea of the sound, infectious melodies & catchy chorus, lowkey uptempo vibe - 9/10

Everybody Dies - second ballad of the record, gorgeous melody and vocal delivery, mellow beat with heavy, drowned-out synths - 10/10

Happier Than Ever - oh my ****ing God, don't even get me started on this one. as previously mentioned, starts off like a typical Billie ballad, then the second part comes and your jaw drops. lots of heavy, electric guitars, lots of screaming, truly her Poppy moment, the VOCALS, my GOD. we need her to sing her heart out like this more often. - 10/10

Male Fantasy - third ballad of the record, really lovely melody, it's kind of giving 8 but more mature and much more interesting, HTE should've been the album closer but this isn't a bad one either - 10/10

What surprised me the most about this record were the melodies, they're so smooth and infectious, even if you might not like some of the production choices these songs will stay in your head for some time. I am actually angered at how bad this era was planned, who in the world decided Your Power would be a good single choice when she had all these songs up there? :deadbanana2:In my opinion if they released the album pre-order with Oxytocin the hype would've been much higher and she wouldn't be getting dragged so much. I hope she will still smash cause this album deserves it a lot, as I said it before, I probably like it more than her debut. It's way more cohesive, more mature, the production is more interesting and there's variety in her vocal delivery. You can hear her screaming, you can hear her whispering, you can hear her singing her heart out, it's truly special & immaculate. Fantastic record overall. 10/10.

I mean this sounds pretty interesting...

29 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

Hide contents

This does not sound believable though, 10/10 on nearly every track. But the songs she’s put out so far are like a 7. I’d love it to be true though.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

33 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:
Spoiler

the production is giving bad guy on steroids as well.

*sigh* so far this entire era has given 

Spoiler

"bad guy on crystal meth with all its teeth falling out thinking it's Kate- Moss-grunge-chic when it's really just a train wreck"  

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

39 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

Reveal hidden contents

This sounds extremely optimistic, but I kinda feel intrigued about it. On Friday we'll see :dua: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

12 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

This does not sound believable though, 10/10 on nearly every track. But the songs she’s put out so far are like a 7. I’d love it to be true though.

the thing is it is true. supervillain is another insider on atrl like boz but their reviews are much better. im so excited i know this album is going to be ao good

13 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I hope Kanye releases this friday so she doesnt get her Number 1 on billboard.

Seriously? Did u see the hand painted cds?

What low effort and basically wants free $$$.

Kanye hold a prerelease party for demos, please he ain’t dropping any album anytime soon. 
Also let’s not talk about low effort, because our homegirl Lana dropped 11? color! variants for an album, same goes for Taylor‘s remixes of willow etc etc etc… at least she‘s trying to be a bit more unique about it, even if it’s a miss imo

Excited for the vocals, because the screams at the end of NDA have me hooked

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

34 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

the thing is it is true. supervillain is another insider on atrl like boz but their reviews are much better. im so excited i know this album is going to be ao good

I am old enough to remember when insiders also said they thought that Lady Gaga's "Perfect Illusion" was a stronger lead single than "Bad Romance". Take it all with a grain of salt. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

I am old enough to remember when insiders also said they thought that Lady Gaga's "Perfect Illusion" was a stronger lead single than "Bad Romance". Take it all with a grain of salt. 

you got me there :toofunny:

20 minutes ago, lamms said:

Kanye hold a prerelease party for demos, please he ain’t dropping any album anytime soon. 
Also let’s not talk about low effort, because our homegirl Lana dropped 11? color! variants for an album, same goes for Taylor‘s remixes of willow etc etc etc… at least she‘s trying to be a bit more unique about it, even if it’s a miss imo

Excited for the vocals, because the screams at the end of NDA have me hooked

But u see. There is actually something different in each of those variants..be it the color..or the willow remixes. Both aim to get more sales yea obv.

But what's with this? Unique? It's trying to be edgy but aiming at more sales in the end. She just wants to hide behind the edginess and pass it off as unique.  It's just her indirectly trying to make it look like she is doing smthing..when its purely for sales. Atleast Taylor is upfront about it.

Pls.  Even a 2 y o can splatter white paint over anything. .

Also Kanye is slated to drop probably this week or next. 

2 hours ago, cinnamongirI said:

It’s probably because they love her music more so have overrated everything. I’d be surprised if I personally find it that great. But we shall see.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance