BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

The title track is really REALLY good and Halley's Comet's quite nice too.

Don't really think we needed an album with both Male Fantasy and Your Power though.

I actually  hoped the songs would have a more "easy-vibing" sound like Lost Cause, my future and everything I wanted. But it seems like it will be an incohesive mixed bag ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Highlights: Billie Bossa Nova, Oxytocin, Happier Than Ever and Male Fantasy (also Your Power, but it was already out, and soft highlight for Halley’s Comet, that seems like a grower to me).

Ngl, the rest is kinda average/not interesting enough. 
Oxytocin kinda serves early 00’s Britney meets Madonna, in some parts lmao that one is my fav of them all 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

this album is excellent... :legend: her best yet by far.

no misses outside of not my responsibility and therefore i am, which still sticks out like a sore thumb.

However, this era was incredibly mismanaged, as soon as you listen to the whole thing you'll be confused as to why they chose the songs they did. :rip:

standouts:

happier than ever, she needs to make a rock album after this lol, we need her to sing more!

overheated, would've been my favourite if title track wasn't right there, i hope people don't sleep on this excellence

billie bossa nova, not even mad this isn't a bop because this is another amazing song 

I didn't change my number, don't sleep on this x2 !!

halley's comet, the second half >>>>

giphy.gif

I’m claiming Billie Bossa Nova

i had faith this album would pull through

I really liked the promo singles but some of these songs would’ve been better choices

even tho she has said she just chooses her faves to be singles

But damn

the vibessssssssss are so good

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Okay GOLDWING I love the midsong transition to the second half

Oxytocin is something I wanna party to in a club with strobe lights

Everybody Dies is lovely, I love the background beat, it’s like a 80’s StrangerThings vibe and I’m here for it

I also love Happily Ever After, I’m so into these midsong transitions - it reminds me of Lana when she said she wanted to play with song structures and changing things up from the normal way (but also that brutal stereo screech at the end is not fun)

I can appreciate Not My Responsibility I don’t know if it was about the background music but there was still something a bit off? Idk but I do like that she said what she said cause I think there’s a lot of conversation around her body and I like that she took this way to talk about it 

I already love My Future, Therefore I am and Your Power

and I actually kinda liked NDA and LostCause, I appreciate them but don’t go out of my way to listen to them

I’m into this album, I know a lot of people had doubt and everything but I really like this. I do think she’s more of an album artist, it all works together but still varies it up enough that I’m not bored of it.

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

So I only listened to the title track...and oh my god. I was worried about the album considering I didn't love the singles (and also with everything that's gone on with her this year), but holy shit. She's fully outdone herself and I'm basing this off of one track alone, so I can't even imagine how the rest of the album will turn out, although from what I'm hearing, it's just as good - it's so nice to hear Billie step out of her comfort zone, especially on a track like this

imageproxy.jpg