BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

1 minute ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Did I like the album? No

Did I buy the vinyl? Yes of course :flop:

The title track is so avril lavigne... I'm scared. Idk if ppl are going to like or hate it...

Mmeow~

Just finished the first listen, here are some thoughts:

- overall, my feeling for most of the album is kinda...eh... it is how I expected it to be - all over the place

- kinda inconsistent at some places e.g. BBN (song about wanting to do things to someone) -> my future (song about being single, fine and looking forward to the future) -> OT (song about wanting to do things to someone)

- production wise, it's an excellent record, even though I hate finneas he knows how to produce and uses every possible trick and pizzaz 

- the second part of the title track is the single greatest moment in her discography so far

- male fantasy is excellent, I could use another run after the final 'you' to really bring it home

- goldwing and not my responsibility could've been cut

- kinda wish she would actually sing instead do these half-asleep vocals

- the piano in Halley's Comet could've been blended in, instead it just feels stitched near the end

that's about all I can think of at the moment

"Getting Older" is very nice! Cute opener.

The beat in "Billie Bossanova" sounds like The Weeknd's "A Lonely Night".

"My Future" - I've been a fan of it since its release. It's still good imo.

The intro of "GOLDWING" is truly angelic. Damn, I wish the whole song was in that vein. :defeated: It could def be longer too.

Damn, this is a SERVE. Really thought this would be an underwhelming album. Hence Therefore I am, Lost Cause and NDA are kinda basic and I didn't really vibe with them.

OKAY HOLY FUCK SHE REALLY KILLED IT WITH THE TITLE TRACK! I WAS FOUND DEAD :crying5::omg:

I really like "Halley's Comet" and "Male Fantasy" as well.
"Your Power" sounds even better now, among the other tracks! Might even say the same thing for NDA acutally...:usrs:

So....

Thank you Billie for this blessed, serve of a gift. I'm sorry I ever doubted you miss Happier Than Ever. <3

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 hour ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Did I like the album? No

Did I buy the vinyl? Yes of course :flop:

Feel free to send me the album. :hooker:  xx

Beskrivning saknas.

6 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

i'm so excited to listen to the album!! it comes out in 4 hours for me, but i'm gonna wait till later in the day bc i'm having a lil listening party w my cousin. :trisha:

you're in for a real treat bestie !!! :party:

Beskrivning saknas.

The way she sings “and your best friend too” in didn’t change my number literally made me sit upright in bed.. she put crack in that part for sure

1 hour ago, OverYourHead said:

It’s so boring, I like Billie Bossa Nova & Everybody Dies and that’s pretty much it, she doesn’t do enough (or anything much at all) with her voice when you know she can

Totally agree, I feel like she might be under the illusion her vocals are the reason for her success so she’s keeping them as is. I think she should explore a little more bc the half asleep grumbling is starting to be irritating sorry 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat