BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

This album so far is giving me Tori Amos, NIN/Trent and Madonna vibes for some reason? Weird mix, but loving it

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

After hearing this album again in it's full form, most of the singles billie has released disrupt this body of work because of their placement, my future being between Bossa Nova and Oxytocin makes me skip it.

NDA and Therefore I Am are better off being after Lost Cause if not on a stand-alone EP that would consist of the singles or cuts from this album.

NMR is a good one-time listen, OverHeated feels like a bonus track when NMR is on this album (and it would have a warm place at the EP thing I mentioned earlier). Male Fantasy is a little bit of a let down after hearing the bombastic and show-stopping production on THE title track but putting it before HTE would make no sense to me.

Overall Happier Than Ever gives me Electra Heart Deluxe by Marina vibes: amazing album with some of the best billie's songs but it's just too long..

9 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'll share my thoughts later, but so far I'm liking it. I was terribly afraid I wouldn't, but it's enjoyable. 

Billie really scared everyone with the singles from this album, huh?

I've had a overall good opinion of Billie Eilish's work (usually singles and a few album cuts here and there). 
The album has some material for the fans she attracted with her previous work but I'm very impressed by songs like Happier Than Ever, Billie Bossa Nova, Halley's Comet etc... She blends beautiful crooner-type melodies with her Billie touch and I have to say, I love it !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Usually I'm not that fond of Billie's MVs but HTE, which I just watched for the first time, really made me fucking BAWL MY EYES OUT.

The song itself (we all know which part) already gave me chills but holy SHIT. And just WOW the SCREAMING HITS SO MUCH HARDER NOW WHEN THERE'S THIS VID. oh my god. I am once again found DEAD. FUCK. BILLIE I-

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I had no excitement for this album after the singles--of which only "my future" I found interesting, but not necessarily great. 

But, having listened to the album (skipping all of the singles), here's what I think now 

Spoiler

1. "Getting Older". Love the melody on this track, but I do not like the production. A weak opener in my opinion.  

2. "I Didn't Change My Number". Not for me at all. 

3. "Billie Bossa Nova". This is a perfect chill summer track. The production is very sensorial of beaches and warm nights. A standout to me. 

6. "Oxytocin". RIP dyslexics trying to find Billie Eilish's song "Oxycontin" (AKA me). This is just another "Bad Guy" re-imagination. I don't understand the hype, but its just not my type of music I guess. 

7. "GOLDWING". One of the most interesting songs on the album--but not necessarily to my taste. 

8. "Halley's Comet". A standout track. I love the more folksy lyrics. Production is a bit boring, but it's a calm, melancholic song that will fit nicely into my more moody playlists. 

9. "Not My Responsibility". It reminds me of a Madonna tour-interlude. It serves a purpose, but it won't be a song I listen to more than once. 

10. "OverHeated". Feels like a filler. Nothing special. I won't be syncing it to my iPod because it will be a waste of space. 

11. "Everybody Dies". This song is one of my favorites, and one of the only songs that comes close to the stellar tracks of "Wish You Were Gay" and "I Love You" from her first album--which were standout tracks to me. 

15. "Happier Than Ever". Lyrics are a bit basic, but the production in the second half is really interesting and the vocal performance is spectacular. Definitely a stand out track; this should've been the lead single--it has a unique sound while also departing from the "bad guy"/video game music that plagued her other singles. 

16. "Male Fantasy". Another stand-out track in terms of production and vocal performance. Not sure if it's the best album closer..."Everybody Dies" or the title track would've been better imo. 

Songs I would actually purchase off iTunes and sync to my iPod: "Billie Bossa Nova", "Halley's Comet", "Everybody Dies", "Happier Than Ever", "Male Fantasy". 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

1 minute ago, LanaTheRay said:

her T-Shirt in the video says “ I don’t need to sell my Soul” over an image of a woman with BOTH eyes showing, so powerful 

what? is the bar really this low for music videos, having two eyes? 

I’m only a few tracks into the album but I really like it. I usually don’t care for her, but this album is actually dope. Her voice is fantastic on this

I can hear Lana and an Amy influence on this album so far

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

32 minutes ago, Mer said:
  Hide contents

6. "Oxytocin". RIP dyslexics trying to find Billie Eilish's song "Oxycontin" (AKA me). This is just another "Bad Guy" re-imagination. I don't understand the hype, but its just not my type of music I guess.

I definitely do not get this comparison? Just because the synthesizer is the standout instrument on the track, doesn't make it a rehashed Bad Guy. Her vocals and the shift in register in the chorus are to begin with on a completely different level. This isn't about you not liking it, but it's kinda absurd to just write this song of like that. :nails:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

16 minutes ago, lamms said:

I definitely do not get this comparison? Just because the synthesizer is the standout instrument on the track, doesn't make it a rehashed Bad Guy. Her vocals and the shift in register in the chorus are to begin with on a completely different level. This isn't about you not liking it, but it's kinda absurd to just write this song of like that. :nails:

fair enough. I didn’t mean to step on any toes. 

37 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I can hear Lana and an Amy influence on this album so far

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

Oxytocin her Brite Lites

I thought I was the only one thinking this :omg: Billie Bossa Nova would fit Amys first album and Oxytocin reminds me at some parts of Brite Lites.

46 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

II can hear Lana and an Amy influence on this album so far

I feel like I like this album so much cause it has some moments that kinda remind me of Frank. The main reason why 'my future' was one of my fav songs from last year.

qfrWuBl.png

I hear more 50s/60s jazz artist influences on album with 90s vibes. We have some cinematic, vintage,noir movies soundtrack inspirations, we have some old school beats, some lo-fi touch, 90s/00s techno,industrial-ish and dark instrumentals. We have also chilly, cozy, loungish songs to chilling out, acoustic songs to summers and bonfires. I agree with Oxytocin being her Brite Lites, but my future gives me more Jorja Smith vibes and BBN would be sing by Kali Uchis or Kehlani.

oh wow this album is AMAZING. my cousin and i listened to it twice together. first listen, we took everything in. second listen, we were dancing. it was so fun! :hair:

im seeing mixed reviews on here.. i personally love the album. i had low expectations tbh, but she blew me away. although, 'therefore i am' and 'my future' are kinda skips cuz they're just overplayed. 

my current faves (not including the singles): billie bossa nova, oxytocin, happier than ever 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose