BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

2 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Billie mentioned Lana in an interview last week as well.

So??? This doesn't even makes sense. You pointed:

'Wow Marina rly supporting Billie but did nothing when LDR dropped."

And I replied that there was a reason for why Marina was supporting Billie. 

Billie also mentioning Lana in the interview have zero correlation to why Marina stayed quiet when Lana dropped

39 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

So??? This doesn't even makes sense. You pointed:

'Wow Marina rly supporting Billie but did nothing when LDR dropped."

And I replied that there was a reason for why Marina was supporting Billie. 

Billie also mentioning Lana in the interview have zero correlation to why Marina stayed quiet when Lana  dropped

.  I was just stating a completely unrelated fact.  Sorry, I was too sleepy at that time. 

Okay if the lead had been HTE I would’ve been so hyped for this album. The second half of that song is the most interesting thing a main pop girl has done in a while. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Why would Marina promote Lana's work when she had no impact on her art, unlike Marina on Billie. I mean, even if I had a dear friend, I would not be bragging about them on my stories all the time or anything.

original.gif

I Love this album so much but still wish Everything I Wanted and No Time To Die were on it too at least as bonus tracks.
Instead she lately put EIW on the new version of her debut as a bonus song. :cryney:

I want an  album from her to sound like the second half of the title track…so basically an Avril Lavigne revival. Just her belting it out for 14 songs. That would be truly something amazing, better than this slightly above average album. Singers today are getting so sleepy with ballads speed it up girlies!

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

25 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Singers today are getting so sleepy with ballads speed it up girlies!

For real tho??? Why is it so trendy now to have very very minimalistic production and slow tempo songs?

Everyone seems to be doing it?

5 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

For real tho??? Why is it so trendy now to have very very minimalistic production and slow tempo songs?

Everyone seems to be doing it?

It’s a bit of a mystery, maybe it’ easier and cheaper to produce and they think it’s what people want. Critics seem to eat ballads up they love them. I really miss songs with energy, when I heard the title track it made me realise how much power is lacking in music today.

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It’s a bit of a mystery, maybe it’ easier and cheaper to produce and they think it’s what people want. Critics seem to eat ballads up they love them. I really miss songs with energy, when I heard the title track it made me realise how much power is lacking in music today.

There was a sonic shift after NFR ..just like after BTD.

True qweeen!

3 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

There was a sonic shift after NFR ..just like after BTD.

True qweeen!

Yes…now I’m bored with it! 

3 hours ago, WildMustang said:

The second part of HTE reminded me of teen Avril Lavigne along with Lana "California, Cruel World" type of vocals and I luved it

It’s definitely a moment 

really surprised from this record, the singles she chose were so bad that i was afraid i wouldn’t like the album, but the whole thing turned out to be amazing. loved the productions and the lyrics, it felt so mature and grown. only thing i didnt really enjoy it that much is the whispering, it needs to go!! she has such a pretty voice and it would be cool to hear her try different vocal takes. 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I guess Billie’s song HTE will be THE highlight of her world tour shows in 2022. I can already hear the fans screaming their lungs out. It’ll be for sure a huge choir. 

3 minutes ago, tt1pdvinyl said:

god this makes me so happy to see i love when one of my favorite artists support an artist i also really enjoy

I wish they would sing Jealousy Jealousy live together. 

Okay so I finally was able to listen to the album and I'm happy I did! Let me grab my AJay wig (we miss u gurl) and here are my notes (in a spoiler 'cause long enough me thinks)

Spoiler
  1. Getting Older. Nice introduction to the album, the production could be a little more memorable but I'm not bothered by it either. I relate to the lyrics so forgive my bias. 7/10.
  2. I Didn't Change My Number. Very catchy imo, I like its vibe but the dog audio had to go, I don't like it lol. However, for what it is about, it kinda reminds me of bad guy so... :um3: 6/10.
  3. Billie Bossa Nova. First, the song is really good and I was vibing to it so much I almost forget to pay attention to the lyrics so I restarted it. I would've simply called it Sentimental instead (I don't like genre names in song titles but NEways). It was an obvious single choice but I wonder why would they not choose it. 8/10.
  4. My Future. I think I never liked this track, although within the album it's okay. Production wise I find it kinda half-baked, but nothing terrible at all. I like it lyrically though, so I'd say 6/10.
  5. Oxytocin. Yeah, now I get the hype about it. It's really good, though a no brainer. One of my faves I think. Same as Billie Bossa Nova, it should've been a single. 10/10.
  6. Goldwing. One of the couple songs I got lost in, the second half took me by surprise. I'm not sure if I understood it thematically but it was a nice listen. 7/10.
  7. Lost Cause. Again, on its own as a single was a no for me, but within the album the experience improves notably. However, not between my faves. From songs in that vein, I like better some in the second half. Lyrically could be improved, maybe. 6/10.
  8. Halley's Comet. Lyrically I like it, but I think the song could've used a little more vocal delivery. It's cute though, I liked it. 8/10.
  9. Not My Responsibility. Too long for an interlude, but it's all word spoken above an instrumental. I loved the message though (it was the first time I actually listened to this, though I learned it's been out for a while now). Not much to comment here, maybe I'd like it a little shorter or with some parts sung, like a small chorus repeating every few verses. 7/10.
  10. OverHeated. The bubbly little synth reminded me of ilomilo (which is a great sign imo), but the melody in the chorus let me down. Sounded too simple compared to how the song was *building to*. It could've worked as a single instead of a couple they actually chose as such. Guess 7/10.
  11. Everybody Dies. Possibly my favourite. I loved the splashes of vocal delivery she does throughout the track, it's a step up from the overall album whispering-like vocal composition. The instrumental flashbacks I had to i love you made me like the song more. Loved it lyrically too. 10/10.
  12. Your Power. It was my favourite single, though I didn't like it much initially. However, within the album it felt really good. I liked the guitar-driven composition, and lyrically I liked it too. Melodically it felt a little dull, but not bad at all. 9/10.
  13. NDA. It shakes up, at least production wise, coming from a mostly acoustic song like Your Power, but it felt like a lyrical continuation to me so okay. It is interesting with the Autotune splash here and there, and the production is very easy going (I love this around 90 BPM midtempo heavy-drums type of songs so yeah). It definitely works better within the album. 8/10.
  14. Therefore I Am. Same than the other singles - I didn't care for them enough on their own, but within the album they work well. I liked the transition between NDA and this one. It also seems to follow NDA's thematic, so I appreciate it (little comment about it in the end). 7/10.
  15. Happier Than Ever. It HAD to be the lead single. The first half is cute and I liked it. When the second half explodes, I just nod my head like "there you go, girl". One of my favourites thematically. I'd prefer it as the closer, but following the lyrical run of Your Power/NDA/Therefore I Am, this had to follow. 10/10.
  16. Male Fantasy. Lyrically I loved it, though it broke the previous songs' narrative so it caught me a little off guard. I liked the acoustic production, and her effort in taking the vocals of a song like this a little higher than the previous *ballads/downtempo* in the album. 9/10.

Overall. It's a good album. It's no secret that the singles definitely work better within the album rather than individual cuts. Didn't mind the Autotune or the whispery vocals, like I've read in many other critics (in and outside Lanaboards). The main thing I'd like from this album is a little better arranged track listing (My Future between Billie Bossa Nova and Oxytocin, or Male Fantasy right after many songs about power, expectations and such, are examples that I'd def rearrange), and a little more vocal delivery wouldn't harm the album, BUT it didn't feel as a negative thing. I'll definitely be replaying it, though I don't think I've loved it as fast as I loved her previous two albums (dont smile at me is a damn album, with all those standalone singles around). I think it's a 7/10 as a project.

My favourites: Everybody Dies, Happier Than Ever, Oxytocin, Male Fantasy.

Least favourites: Lost Cause, My Future, I Didn't Change My Number.

Ideal singles run imo: 1) Happier Than Ever. 2) Therefore I Am. 3) Oxytocin. 4) Billie Bossa Nova. 5) OverHeated.

Songs I'd remove: None.

Ideal track listing:

1. Getting Older
  2. My Future
  3. I Didn't Change My Number
  4. Billie Bossa Nova
  5. Oxytocin
  6. Goldwing
  7. Not My Responsibility
  8. Lost Cause
  9. OverHeated
  10. Halley's Comet