BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

The fact thats she's been saying how not homophobic this song is since 2017 prepared for how homophobic it is. I don't think she had bad intentions when she wrote the song and she's young and not gay so I'm not expecting her to have some worldly perspective on the message that this song sends when it's out in the world, but I definitely do think its kind of ~annoying~ that she knew in 2017 that people would perceive this song as homophobic and still put it out. Strikes me as kind of lazy that instead of just rewriting the song she just put it out to feed into her ~quirky and different~ image, and I think it's weird that no one around her including her label (probably thought the shock value would be good for her exposure which is gross) stopped this.

I don't think this should be anywhere near career ending for her, but I definitely think its in bad taste and I think she knew that from the moment she wrote the song.

The fact thats she's been saying how not homophobic this song is since 2017 prepared for how homophobic it is. I don't think she had bad intentions when she wrote the song and she's young and not gay so I'm not expecting her to have some worldly perspective on the message that this song sends when it's out in the world, but I definitely do think its kind of ~annoying~ that she knew in 2017 that people would perceive this song as homophobic and still put it out. Strikes me as kind of lazy that instead of just rewriting the song she just put it out to feed into her ~quirky and different~ image, and I think it's weird that no one around her including her label (probably thought the shock value would be good for her exposure which is gross) stopped this.

I don't think this should be anywhere near career ending for her, but I definitely think its in bad taste and I think she knew that from the moment she wrote the song.

Yeah, it’s annoying. lol I could definitely see her in a few years being embarrassed at her decision in releasing it and completely shun its existence in future concerts. At least I hope so. I’m surprised her brother didn’t have any doubts about releasing it since he helps her write these songs.

People need to chill out, this song isn’t anywhere near homophobic, are you even paying attention to what the songs about? It’s not embarrassing and she won’t shun it later in life. Please grow up.

its not homophobic but to want somebody to be gay in order to avoid being let down by them is kinda off. nobody's arguing she's homophobic bc she obviously didn't mean it as offensive 

"i just meant that i wish he was gay so he had an actual reason not to like me" sis what are you on?? whatever reason is valid. not being sexually attracted to you is not the only reason

like im just saying in a time when first world countries' govts are taking part in openly homophobic congresses maybe the only song that touches on homosexuality you're gonna do should not be about a totally straight experience. like that's all 

its not homophobic but to want somebody to be gay in order to avoid being let down by them is kinda off. nobody's arguing she's homophobic bc she obviously didn't mean it as offensive

"i just meant that i wish he was gay so he had an actual reason not to like me" sis what are you on?? whatever reason is valid. not being sexually attracted to you is not the only reason

like im just saying in a time when first world countries' govts are taking part in openly homophobic congresses maybe the only song that touches on homosexuality you're gonna do should not be about a totally straight experience. like that's all

she said it multiple times that it’s a “selfish song”. it’s not that serious. it’s a dumb song of a teenager and its lyrics arent homophobic so it’s fine.

To be led on by someone, or think someone likes you by the way they treat you and then you try and make something out of that and they turn you down. Is some of the most confusing shit out there. So to wish someone was gay, is wishing for it be easier, if he was gay then there’d be a definite reason as to why that person doesn’t like you. That you can make sense out of. It’s like if I liked a gay guy and he was acting like he liked me too, giving me all the banter and flirting with me. And then I try it on with him and he’s like wtf are you doing. I’d be like oh shit what’s wrong with me, whereas if he was straight I’d get it, it’s just a laugh, but when the ability of them to be attracted to you is thee, but they aren’t. It can hurt.

giphy.gif

The song’s literally about her wishing this guy was gay so that she wouldn’t have thoughts like “I’m not good enough”, to spare her pride. It’s a selfish song about her state of mind, it’s not homophobic, stop doing the most so that you can get the satisfaction of being offended and “cancelling” somebody.

qfrWuBl.png

omg how old are u people??? seriously GROW the fuck up and stop being so sensitive. in no way is this homophobic in the slightest lmao why does everyone need a reason to be offended constantly it's so annoying

FzytWEW.png

I dont think the song itself is homophobic, but it’s definatley in bad taste and a bit tone deaf. I don’t think this should be career ending for her but I also think its totally valid for the gay community to tell her to tread carefully.

There are a lot of gay people who dont have a problem with the song and there are a lot who think its offensive. I think its somewhere in the middle, and I think a cultural discussion about the substance of the song is completly warranted. I’m a casual fan so maybe that’s why I can see both sides points, but I think her fans are knee jerk reacting to any criticism of her apprach to the topic as a direct criticism of her, which it isnt always.

At lot of “grow the fuck ups” around here, when no one said the song is homophobic, just that it’s not the greatest song she’s ever written and that’s fine because she’s young. I probably would’ve written something along those lines at her age too, I just don’t see her singing it in her mid-twenties. Lots of artists have that one song they wrote early in their career that they don’t look back too fondly on. It ain’t that deep. I’m still going to buy her album. lmao

i do believe she could’ve avoided all of this by rewrting the chorus or something but in all honesty i don’t really care. luckily i’m not offended by the song and i can enjoy it so yeah, still excited to hear the album.

and i also read on genius that the guy ironically ended up being gay anyways so...was she wrong? lololol

i’ve been a fan of billie for a long time and idc what anyone says anymore, she’s beautiful and talented

wish u were gay is soooo good, bury a friend was also a different sound, but i still loved it. ugh this girl is so talented

It's not homophobic but it is a really immature sentiment but Billie is only 17. I probably would have had a similar thought if I was rejected as an early teen.

Its crazy to me how some of Billie's writing seems really sophisticated sometimes but there's also a lot of lyrics that make me roll my eyes and remember that she's an edgelord teenager underneath it all

Billie Eilish is such a fucking idiot I hate her so fucking much. She was LITERALLY born into the music industry, and grew up in an area of LA where people like Skrillex and Beck came from. Her brother is a fucking professional music producer yet people still want to sit around and talk about how fucking smart and talented she is holy shit man. "uhhh buh her voic is so good!" yeah maybe if you're a fucking dipshit teenage girl that started learning how to sing from taking choir freshman year of high school but obviously her voice is going to be good. Listen fuckhead, imagine you're born into LA, you're entire family works in the music industry, you're parents put you in the fucking LA Children's Choir when you're 8 years old, and you sing for literally you're entire stupid fucking dipshit wannabe depressed life, obviously you're going to be able to sing very quietly and do falsetto pretty well by the time you're 16 and your fucking MUSIC PRODUCER BROTHER is helping you write music. But that's not even the worst part of Billie Eyelash, her stupid fucking wannabe depressed attitude. Look, I get it, she's 16, she doesn't understand her emotions yet. But If she's 16 and want to express her emotion, learn how to express it in a way that isnt the most fucking vapid emotionless shit on the planet. One of my favorite bands is Radiohead, and Thom Yorke has a quote where, in regards to their music being sad, he talks about how it's not about the music being sad, it's about using that emotion as inspiration to make something good. Billie Eilish is homeschooled and hangs out with celebrities every fuckin day, but all she can manage to do with her emotion is by basically bragging about being depressed 24/7 like it's some cool shit. Is there anything more annoying than those fucking idiot chicks you knew in highschool that would talk about being sad all the time? Then why the fuck are you imbicils actually supporting this dipshit that just brags about being sad all the time. Jesus christ I hate Bully Goolash so fucking bad.

/s